A Promise Completed

edited June 2020 in Event Scrolls
Shulamit promised the Shofet of Abyssal Scales a million esteem.

Shulamit has fulfilled the promise to the Urchin in Ivory.

- - -

You drop a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory.

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "I was going to offer my figurine soon, for it has reached it's essence. I was wondering if either of you would like to be here. Perhaps for the the...venerationy...thingy. Once the quake is done, of course."

You have emoted: Shulamit ponders a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory, poking it with a single finger.

To a font, you say, "You've been a good strong font, you know."

Thoughtfully, you say, "I think, of all the realm, I like here the most. Across the us bridge, and in the candies."

You think to yourself: But most places are nice.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "But all the places are nice."

You have emoted: Shulamit sits back, listening to the aethers clamour about quakes.

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from a temporal rift) says, "We'd love to come and do venerationy things for your offering."

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "Then I am across the bridge, before candy shops on the augury. I like it here."

(The Cult of Mu): Alary says, "We can be there yes!"

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "Delightful!"

(Market): Rubie Royale says, "I've just arrived in Frosticia! Will I be able to find some fine jewellery here, I wonder?"

You think to yourself: Rubie, Rubie. So many gems. Where do you store them even?

You think to yourself: At least Gioia can eat them.

You have emoted: Shulamit slowly closes her eyes, glowing muted soft colours as she drifts away slightly, dreaming of various pastries.

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from a temporal rift) says, "Do you want to try one round of poteens to see if you get lucky on a buff? We know how to get you undrunk this time!"

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from a temporal rift) says, "...well, once at least."

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "If you're exceptionally sure of your ability to undrunkify me without death!"

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from a temporal rift) says, "Unless Trueheal got changed while we weren't looking in the last few months, it will cure drunkenness."

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from a temporal rift) says, "And we can do that once a month."

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "Hm...I trust you the mostest, so yes!"

You think to yourself: Darned timequakes, taking Ixchilgal and Alary away from meeee.

<had to leave>

(The Cult of Mu): Ixchilgal (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Welcome back Shu!"

(The Cult of Mu): You say, "Turns out, I was quite a bit quicker than I thought!"

You hug Ixchilgal compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

You nod your head sagely at a figurine of a red-breasted robin.

A noisy clockwork yoyo catches a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory with its spin and draws it up into Ixchilgal's hands.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "We'll need to be at the altar to do the rite."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Oh ho! So we go."

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

You begin to follow Ixchilgal.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Ixchilgal, "Gimme my font! Please."

You nod your head sagely.

(Gaudiguch): Elysian (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Lo all!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It's terribly shiny and important."

Ixchilgal gives a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory to you.

(Gaudiguch): Chundae (from the Fire Elemental Plane) says, "Hiya!"

You gaze at a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory as waves of joy wash over you, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

You nod your head sagely at a labyrinth-traced altar of Mu.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Let's see if Alary is still about."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Are we waiting for Alary?"

Ixchilgal puts his hands on his hips and goes "Hmmm!"

The Shifting City fades around you. Your stomach drops into nothingness, falling endlessly before the surrounding buildings and streets recondense.

Alary shimmers into existence before Ixchilgal, answering the call.

The corners of Ixchilgal's mouth turn up as he grins mischeviously.

You gaze at Alary as waves of joy wash over you, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Alary utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Go go cult powers!"

You clap your hands together merrily.

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "We love that we at least have a little warning, there."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Do you?"

(Veiled): You say, "I will be offering my figurine, if any wish to be there."

Ixchilgal taps a cedar curiobox, which rattles back and forth before spitting out a potent pot of poteen.

Ixchilgal gives a potent pot of poteen to you.

The Shifting City fades around you. Your stomach drops into nothingness, falling endlessly before the surrounding buildings and streets recondense.

You peer at a potent pot of poteen, eyes narrowed as you glow a suspicious shade of slate grey.

You think to yourself: Suspicious poteen!

Ixchilgal taps a cedar curiobox, which rattles back and forth before spitting out a potent pot of poteen.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "It is...suspicious!"

Ixchilgal gives a potent pot of poteen to you.

You nod your head gravely in acknowledgement of the point.

Alary chuckles long and heartily.

Confused, you say, "Drink, then burp?"

Alary pats a potent pot of poteen in a friendly manner.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Yes, you can burp up to three times."

You think to yourself: Well, here we go.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Here we go."

You take a large swallow from a potent pot of poteen, which burns your throat and causes your eyes to water.

(Veiled): Syphlisia (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "How does one reach Their God Realm?"

You feel your tolerance to alcohol increasing.
You cover your mouth to stifle a belch, and find yourself rewarded with 8 white buttons.

A green parakeet bursts out of your mouth, flapping his wings madly as he descends to the ground.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Bsttons, NO."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Did you get it?"

<heck you poteens>

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "No."

<slowly dying the poteen death with no poteen blessing>

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Halp."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Alas, no such luck."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Thank you."

Your aura of prismatic energy flickers and fades.

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "They do not love me."

You give a potent pot of poteen to Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator.

A single fish swims by in midair, scales flashing with ivory and flame-hued luminescence.

You raise your hand in greeting to Syphlisia and say "Hi!"

Ixchilgal doffs an elemental crown to Syphlisia.

A green parakeet says, "Birdy wanna cracker! Birdy wanna cracker."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says to Syphlisia, "Mind if we steal you into our cult for like, two minutes for this?"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Syphlisia, "We were trying to get me all strong from poteens, but instead, not."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "You can leave again right after, just want to buff Shulamit as much as possible."

Syphlisia's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Syphlisia wags their tail happily.

Alary gives a potent pot of poteen to you.

You give a potent pot of poteen to Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye.

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "Have a poteen."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says to Alary, "Poteen isn't the issue."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Thank you, but."

Comprehension flashes across Alary's face.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says to Alary, "Drunk curing is."

Revelrous Syphlisia says, "Sure!"

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "Fair."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "I can't cure it anymore."

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "We have a hope mantle?"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Let's see here..."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Okay, okay. Ixi can't."

Alary ponders an embroidered mantle of flickering hope thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "What does it do?"

You glow an astonished shade of mauve, eyes boggling out.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Just trying to find the right power here."

Syphlisia tilts their head curiously.

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "Heals allies."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Hm. Swirl it to cure, but."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Would being super drunk count."

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "Dunno if it does drunkenness though."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Supplicants prayrs, that's it."

Holding up a hand, you say, "Let us not test."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Not for now."

Ixchilgal begins to pray, his eyes gone black as he cries out, seeking the blessings of the Beckoner upon yourself and the faithful of Mu. With a gasp, you sense the answering brush of an alien presence against your perceptions.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Maybe at a later date!"

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "There, your offerings are buffed."

Hopefully, you say, "Then, then! Can we go back to the candy shop?"

Ixchilgal makes a beckoning motion to no-one in particular.

Ixchilgal beckons to Syphlisia.

ZOOMIES

Syphlisia blinks.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Shulamit likes this spot for offering."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "So we came here after performing the ritual at our altar."

Revelrous Syphlisia asks, "Can you offer anywhere in the God Realm?"

You pat a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory in a friendly manner.

Comprehension flashes across Syphlisia's face.

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Shulamit has a font, can offer anywhere at all."

Somehow Sultan, Ixchilgal Mes'ard the Space Edumacator says, "Shulamit has terrible poteen luck though."

Acknowledging Ixchilgal's point to be true, you nod your head gravely at him.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "Right, sorry!"

You cough softly.

You have emoted: Shulamit glows a bright pink colour, coughing slightly. "It still burns somehow."

You have emoted: Shulamit carefully drops the font, placing it on the ground in front of the gathered Beloved.

You have emoted: Shulamit gets down on her knees in front of the font, glowing a serene ivory colour.

To a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory, you say, "Dear Urchin in Ivory. I made a promise to you many many...many manymanymany years ago. When You were still the Shofet. That promise was to offer you a figurine filled with esteem, all mine. And that was a lovely amount of one me...million esteem."

You have emoted: Shulamit continues to glow, hints of pink mixed in with the ivory, as well as some blues. "And, well! I've done it! Spoke with many denizens about how cool they are, and they agreed, and it made me feel good! And I shoved all my good feelings into this figurine."

You have emoted: Shulamit nods at a tiny figurine of a robin, squished down in size to be even cuter than normal.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory, "See, my mom-tor made it! It's a good figurine. Nice and strong. And and!"

A redolent aroma envelops Alary as a gentle breeze wafts striking petals of carnelian hue about them, fluttering gaily like streamers on the wind.

You have emoted: Shulamit turns towards Alary, Syphlisia, and Ixchilgal. "I have nice people here, to see me offer! I did a long thing good!"

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory, "So! Here You go. One good strong robin! Filled with delicious esteem! I hope so. I made sure it's all my esteem! Good and me flavoured!"

You hug a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

You have emoted: Shulamit slowly lowers a figurine into the font, murmuring softly as it glows brightly.

You must be before a shrine to the god you wish to offer to.

<...you have to HOLD IT>

You have emoted: Shulamit frowns as the font wobbles around in front of her.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "No you don't fall over."

You pick up a capricious Mysraian font of voidcopper and ivory.

You have emoted: Shulamit scoops up the font, holding it steady with one hand, dunking the figurine in with the other, causing a much brighter course of light through the room.

Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
You offer up a figurine of a red-breasted robin to Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory.
[ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Servant Of The Gods' Achievement! You have earned 25 Bound Credits.

You have emoted: Shulamit smiles brightly through the light, glowing cheerfully.

To those gathered, you say, "Thank you for being here with me!"

You bounce up and down.

You hug Alary compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

You hug Syphlisia compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

You hug Ixchilgal compassionately, glowing shades of pearl.

Alary hugs you compassionately.

2020/06/26 04:58:18 - +336939005 essence from a figurine of a red-breasted robin by Shulamit.

You hum a happy tune.

Alary waves goodbye.

You have emoted: Shulamit continues to smile incredibly cheerfully, delighted.

In an echoing baritone, Arch-Preceptor Alary al-Saaoud, Mysrai's Ebon Eye says, "Rest time."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Alary, "Rest well!"

Alary grows still and their lips begin to move silently.

Ixchilgal waves goodbye at Alary.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

Comments

• It was lovely to read this! I'm so glad you got to fulfill your promise! And I'm glad I got to help via flinging bromides at you!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• edited June 2020
    And a followup to the offering!

- - -

(The Sacrosanct): Mysrai says, "My Beacon."

(The Sacrosanct): You say, "Ah! Greetings Most Shiniest!"

(The Sacrosanct): Mysrai says, "You have accomplished a goal that you had thought to be insurmountable, and My heart swells in adoration and pride. What would you like, in return for this accomplishment?"

(The Sacrosanct): You say, "Oh! I did not think it to be insurmountable, that would have been...what's the word. I'm unsure. I thought it would take a long time! And it did! But I did it! I. I think I might like a hug though. Hugs are the best gift!"

<Mboagn arrives. STINKY>

Mboagn bobs their head up and down in a sign of greeting.

"Oooooooooh!" you say, eyes wide with wonder.

Mboagn gives you a friendly squeeze.

Ivory light darts hyperactively around the area before zooming into the air, revealing Mysrai who falls to the ground with a giggling thump.

You raise your hand in greeting to Mboagn and say "Hi!"

Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "Umm."

Mysrai leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

You curtsey gracefully before Mysrai.

Mboagn kneels before Mysrai and touches their head to the ground in worship.

Mysrai runs up to you and envelops you in a massive bearhug.

You gag a bit as Mboagn's stink wafts over you.

Sarei sips dark beer from a bottle.

Cheerfully, you say to Mysrai, "Oh! Delightful! Wonderous!"

Opening her mouth wide, Lenara gapes in wonder.

You gaze at Mysrai as waves of joy wash over you, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Lenara curtseys gracefully.

The melodious voice of Gurashi resonates in your mind, "** ripples of greeting and hello and well wishing **."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mysrai, "May...I hug You back?"

Sarei lies down on a scarlet hammock and comfortably stretches out.

Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "We worship! We glorify!"

Mboagn kneels before Mysrai and touches their head to the ground in worship.

You flit about happily.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "Child, you are stinky."

Vablus is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, his soul safe until he returns to Lusternia.

In a dulcet, sing-song voice that echoes oddly around Her, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "You have more than earned that right, My sweet."

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Lenara's mouth gapes open in wonder.

You give an elated gasp as you envelop Mysrai in a massive bearhug, glowing a cheerful citrine colour.

Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "Oh gosh."

Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "Umm..."

Mboagn rushes in, fresh from the baths and dripping water.

In a dulcet, sing-song voice that echoes oddly around Her, Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory says, "This shall not be the last, My Beacon. I promise you this. A gift of such magnitude, so soon after your anointment? Take My word, that I will refold My Will to see you properly rewarded. Until then..."

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mysrai, "Thank You muchly! I will focus a bit on offering to Lord Crumkane, for it must have been terribly hungry work to bake His realm. But not...not a million esteem big."

Sarei sips dark beer from a bottle.

Mysrai, the Urchin in Ivory has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 30 months.

Mysrai nods Her head sagely.

You flit about happily.

<LIES YOU ARE STILL A STINKY CHILD>

Lenara's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Sarei squints a moment, before lifting her bottle as high as she can towards Mysrai.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mysrai, "I will continue to do shiny things! Or try my bestest!"

Mysrai floats higher into the air, circling you for several long moments before She is at equal height.

You remove a cameo brooch.

Mboagn lifts their brazier, their aura becoming visible and filling with vibrant colour. You feel the power around them swelling as they stands taller.

You give a cameo brooch to Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose.

The aura around Mboagn fades, the swell of power around them diminishing to what one might consider normal.

Mysrai reaches out and pats the top of your head with the flat of Her palm, smiling fondly at you.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say, "To mbaogn child, here is cleanse."

Mysrai leaps into the air before dissipating into brilliant ivory light, giggling as She zips about the area before zooming off into the distance.

Mboagn snaps their fingers and warm water showers down upon them, and they scrubs under their armpits trying to wash away that horrible stench.

Glowing in tune with her words, you say to Mboagn, "Cleanse, scrubby."

Mboagn gives a cameo brooch to you.

Mboagn blushes furiously.

You slip into a cameo brooch.

You flit about happily.

Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "The water of the Sea of Despair is not fragrant."

Mboagn flaps their arms madly.

You think to yourself: *warm fluffy happy thoughts*.

Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• Shulamit said:
    Pilgrim Mboagn Lunarose says, "The water of the Sea of Despair is not fragrant."
    Patently untrue. It's just the wrong sort of fragrant.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I 100% forgot I could even cast cleanse. I ran to the bath house and did 1 scrub  :#
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)