Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• So apparently, if you change your role in the middle of your Stage performance, you have to backstage enter again, or the audience won’t see your role or costume in stage look...

*cries at no one seeing my super cool witch costume*
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    So apparently, if you change your role in the middle of your Stage performance, you have to backstage enter again, or the audience won’t see your role or costume in stage look...

*cries at no one seeing my super cool witch costume*
    Well, you know what that means.

Need to revisit the persona again at some point in the future for an extra shot at a showing.

• I finally hit level 80...
  • see I knew I wasn't the last old fart that wasn't demi
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Ev is level 83, and has bounced between 80 and 83 for something like 7 or 8 RL years. Right there with you.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Ciaran said:
    Shoutouts to the three Hallifaxians sitting there with us three Celestians doing a whole round of bombarding in parallel today. Presumably you were also awkwardly wondering when or if someone would open fire.
    "idk guys, can't we just get participation points first?" - my guess
  • Changelog 2089 has really left me dumbstruck. Massive nerf on an item that is currently up for auction - I feel bad for whoever's got the current bid on it.
  • I hope they save the cement shoe nerf for juuuust after the auction
  • Jolanthe said:
    Changelog 2089 has really left me dumbstruck. Massive nerf on an item that is currently up for auction - I feel bad for whoever's got the current bid on it.

As a note - when I put the item up for auction, I specifically mentioned in the Auction Info that it didn't work on items with flamed sigils attached. I did so because when I was confirming code on the items, there was a line of code that very specifically says it shouldn't be working on items with flame sigils. Anyone that read the Auction Info about the item would have seen that.

This discrepancy was brought to my attention that it was in fact working on flame sigils. The issue was, that at some point, flame sigils were added as a replica flag rather than just the sigil being inside the item but the broom itself was never updated to reflect that. 

Aonia and I will discuss it and make a decision one way or the other (there is evidence of it being bugged this way since 2012), but I've just made it work the way the code says it does. 
  • Orael said:
    Jolanthe said:
    Changelog 2089 has really left me dumbstruck. Massive nerf on an item that is currently up for auction - I feel bad for whoever's got the current bid on it.

As a note - when I put the item up for auction, I specifically mentioned in the Auction Info that it didn't work on items with flamed sigils attached. I did so because when I was confirming code on the items, there was a line of code that very specifically says it shouldn't be working on items with flame sigils. Anyone that read the Auction Info about the item would have seen that.

That's actually pretty interesting, and adds layers to this situation for sure, but like... if you just want to destroy items without going to a nexus, you can just get a miniature incineration bin/soulless doll/piebald hamster for 1000 goop. If anything, the broom seems slightly less convenient on that front since you also have to wield it (and it requires both hands). It is really and truly a pure cosmetic item now.

Every time this item was brought up in conversation outside of auctions prior, its only real shining quality was its ability to get rid of annoying nuisance items that were flame-sigiled in places. I hadn't bid on it yet, but since it wasn't a new item, I would have expected that would be its primary functionality still.

And I guess this isn't the only time something like this slipped under the radar, but eh - if I'm the only one totally flabbergasted by the move and other people are happy to bid, might as well proceed.
  • edited June 2020
    With a trembling roar that shakes all creation, a Desolate Timequake comes to an end, searing your vision with a final flash of writhing tentacles, malevolent eyes, and veins of corruption full of malice.
    The existence of Faragan briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at Enshrouded in fog.
    The existence of Kreon briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at a gouged pit.
    The existence of Enero briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at a gouged pit.
    The existence of Synl briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at Enshrouded in fog.
    The existence of Auriella briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at tumultuous battle.
    The existence of Cauthorn briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at caustic pool of tears.
    The existence of Ruiku briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at fields of burial.
    The existence of Steingrim briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    The existence of Melech briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at caustic pool of tears.
    The existence of Talkan briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    The existence of Kistan briefly winks out as they are caught in a temporal timequake.
    You see the death occur at between time and space.

Way to feed the dragons, folks. Spicy quake.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    realizing just how much I missed the time I was gone and see just how much in shambles my once solid client code is and just... well, a wreck. Not sure  I'll have the time to fix it, but... even without a good combat system, game's fun to stick around so... am not complaining (too much) :)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited June 2020
    EDIT: Good point was made, didn't need to stay up
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited June 2020
    Aonia said:

I'd also just like to make it clear that you're far from the only person who's ever done this, Jolanthe, and I post this not specifically to target you but also to address the other comments I have observed elsewhere that have the same effect.

Super guilty here, especially (but not always) around Beauty time.

A few days ago, I submitted a design intended for Beauty. The design was made with commodities that the base design was not even close to being made with. I did it because I thought it was a clever design, and because there was a far older design using the same sort of commodities.

It was soundly rejected by the Charites with a note that this specific sort of design had to be woven, not made out of the other material I used. I grumbled and whined about it, even contemplating trying to send Them a polite (in my mind) letter/email as to why they were wrong, because here is this other design that is made of the other material, and why can't they just let me be clever and try to win. I also have a habit of not accepting when things don't go my way, even if I'm in the wrong.

Finally I just decided that they've got enough on their plate, especially right now, and I ended up changing the comms to suit their request. Is it what I envisioned? No. But its still as pretty as what I thought up, and there's always next time.

Edit
    My ultimate point is this: like Aonia said, the Charites and the reviewers are gonna make mistakes. It's not personal no matter how it seems, and yet, posting about it on the forums draws attention to the mistake and makes it personal. It's more of a "look, they made a mistake" than it is a disagreement with their ruling. The last thing anyone wants is for someone to yell really loudly and point out their mistake.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited June 2020
    I'm gonna be honest, there are essentially only two things that prevent me from applying to be a mortal reviewer. First is that I'd spend WEEKS needing to be handheld with regard to the "is this a Lusternia-appropraite design" criterion and the commodities. Second is that I just know that I'm going to end up a mess the first time I reject something and the designer points out something obvious I missed about it that proves that I was wrong and that a taco bowl is, in fact, a pie.

EDIT TO ADD:

Which is to say that I don't envy mortal reviewers their job, but I do admire their skill and emotional fortitude.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What keeps me from applying to be a mortal reviewer is a list of three things: I'm a mediocre designer with mediocre spelling/grammar at best, I'd be too tempted to pass a design just because I like it, and I have a habit of scanning long boxes of text for context, not spelling and grammar. I'd overlook things way too often, or let things slide just because I think it's ok.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'd be too tempted to pass a design just because I like it
    Definite mood.
  • I did some professional editing, so I think that despite my less than stellar track record at submitting correct designs, I wouldn't be bad at it. Maybe I'll apply.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Rikenfriez has no doors. The more you think about it, the weirder it becomes.
    Maybe if they had doors the blizzards wouldn't hit as hard.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Ciaran said:

*squint*
    Well Silvanos, I must admit I've been underestimating you.
    From earlier conversations about it, I believe that relative might is calculated based  just on skills.
    still impressive though, I guess.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: