Have you missed me?

So, last night I had a sleepless night, like my mind racing about this that and everything and Lusternia ended up being one of those things my thoughts went to for quite a while. Some of my experiences over the years and how I really have not played in the last two years. So, maybe to settle my mind I decided I wanted to write here, so, if you do not like a nice long read, I would suggest moving on but hi!

So, I started Lusternia back in the real early days! I believe I created Arimisia in February or March of 2005 shortly after moving across the country. I was kinda iffy about the game at first and was hard for me to make friends. My first friend ended up being Nevyn and the person he was going to marry in game, Shaylen. He took me under his wing and got me into the whole shop keeping business and anyone who knows me, knows that that was my niche in Lusterina.

A fun little story, so I stated Lusty early 2005, in April, I was literally in labor while playing this game! I was on until 2am, I had no idea. My child was my little gas pain lol. Logged off Lusty was going to go to bed but instead I went to the hospital and 3 hours later hand my little man. In October of the same year, I started collage. For anyone that does not know but really should not come as a huge surprise, I went to art school!

I really didn’t get into Artisanals until later because school was rough, very time consuming, stressful. You see, I went to one of those schools you hear about in the news, especially about a year ago when the whole school sunk entirely. I never did graduate and when I had quit is when I really started buckling down and working on my art for the game. I ended up setting a goal that I wanted to be the very best! Not sure if I am still number 1 but I was when the artisanls were discontinued there for a while. This was probably the last breaking point for me and my distancing from the game. While I know they are back, I am not sure I would ever return just for that.

There are many reasons why I distanced myself from Lusternia. Was a lot of little things, directions I didn’t agree with and then just little stabs of things that were happening in game. One of the big one was when the guilds were done away with. I had been the GM of the Ur’guard for like 5 years or something. In the final weeks, something was going on and I game up GM to someone else, so I would never get my guild honor and that hurt ☹ I put so much time and effort and anyone who and an emotional attachment to their character and this game, should know what I felt.

There was the whole thing with the aethermine fiasco. I poured SOOO much gold and credits and dingbats. Don’t get me wrong, I know that it was broke but at the time, it “worked as intended” and I was the shopkeeper to everyone! In this effort, I had bought TWO large aetherships from private individuals, one was an upgraded aethership with a lot of mines, the other had a lot of mines. I am not sure I was ever supposed to divulge this information, but I do not see where it hurts now. I paid to have my two manses merged to make upkeeping easy. I was called a bank by the divine who did this project which I thought was amusing. This was the birth of, originally called Blob and then later renamed Crown of the Empire (COE).

COE was mine and Munsia’s pride, we had HUGE dreams for this ship. Maybe I can find the map sometime, but we mapped out what we wanted, and I worked on it. The original moving of the rooms was rough as the fulcrux of the manse was not room 1 like most manses are. But once I got all the original rooms moved and put into place it was much easier. We had a district to represent each city and commune then a central castle like area. It was never finished but it was the thought.

I was never much of a fighter, but I was able to accomplish so much and I thank everyone who let me have these experiences. I became an ascendant of Magnagora for quite a while, I tried to be a good representative and I think for a while, I wasn’t too bad 😊 I also became an avatar for Morgfyre which I think was one of the hardest achievements.

Overall I have had a lot of fun, met a lot of friends that I still talk to today. There was also tragedy, the few deaths we know we can confirm, I knew two of them. I remember 2-3 months before one of them passed I messed with him telling him that he was the master of poofing and what if I wanted to do an artisanls of him. There was a tragedy that faced me IRL as well a bit over 2 years ago now. This person did not play the game but was an avid gamer. Was visiting him one weekend knowing he hadn’t been feeling well but we had a convention in Atlanta coming up and I wanted to help him get outfits sewed up and in general, be company to try and help him feel better. Unfortunately, the morning after I arrived my friend was doing much worse and I was going to take him to the ER, instead, I watched him collapse and die in from of me ☹

Everything made me grown as a person and I have a lot fond memories of Lusternia, but these types of event made me look at myself and know I needed to do more. I got out of a relationship that had been falling apart for years, I moved and basically started life over. I have been tempted from time to time to log back in but I dunno anymore. But just know, everyone here, this game was a huge part of my life for many years, I still think of you, I still love you and maybe, someday, Arimisia will return. If anyone has missed me and wants a way to get in contact, or just wants to get to know me, shoot me a message or post. Otherwise, have fun and protect Lusternia in another year of ascension! May the odds ever be in your favor!

The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Damn right I missed you <3
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ari! I know Orv and you didn't get to interact ICly much, but I've never forgotten how much fun we had during the player meets <3

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Though we didn't interact much ICly I'm going to have to say yes. For sure.