Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• A few conlang questions, especially regarding Fae:

If you're allowed to share, what are the inspirations of Fae, real-language wise? Or more just kind of whatever?

How do you feel about mortals going through IC channels to learn more of Fae, like from one of the Moon or Night Avatars? Should I just go ask and find out, or would you rather discourage it?

Do y'all enjoy playing with it in general, or is it more of just a lore thing that exists?

pronouns: they/them
  • Another question! How tall do you imagine your characters to be? I know Czixi is about 4-5 feet tall, and Shofet-Mysrai is about that height also.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I always visualized Divine closer to heights of 10-12ft (possibly due to Nocht often using the term "little one" -- Rancoura is around the 7ft mark in demidivinity).

Also, I too love the Fae language, and would love to see more revealed! Please? (@Nocht, you're definitely not overusing it in my opinion, at least from what I can see)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I typically picture Carakhan as being on the towering end in the 10-12 foot range. Apparently I need to revise my mental picture of Carakhan, Lantra and Terentia. I somehow missed how short Tere is.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • I've always imagined the size of Divine to be fluid; in their typical interactions with mortals, they mirror our heights as described above. But I recall a number of fights between Divine that included world emotes with them being clearly visible to everyone in the Basin -- in those instances I picture them being absolutely massive.
  • Carakhan said:
    I typically picture Carakhan as being on the towering end in the 10-12 foot range. Apparently I need to revise my mental picture of Carakhan, Lantra and Terentia. I somehow missed how short Tere is.
    Terentia's description (of which there have been two other variants--her original desc and the one where she got beat up by the Dreadform) all describe her as having a "diminutive frame." Which I take to mean that she is on the shorter side!

I find it so interesting that everyone assumes the Elders were giants. I ultimately land on how @Ghibli describes it, that Divine bodies and figures are fluid to their whims, but I think I have a very strong Xena: Warrior Princess fantasy where the difference between the gods and mortals is in terms of "power," not stature.

Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think Czixi and Terentia are perfect examples of the concept of dynamite coming in small packages.

Terentia has never really been imposing because she towers over people. She's always been imposing because of Her presence. Czixi tends to be in the same mould, though she's more...I'm not even sure how to explain the difference.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I think Czixi and Terentia are perfect examples of the concept of dynamite coming in small packages.

Terentia has never really been imposing because she towers over people. She's always been imposing because of Her presence. Czixi tends to be in the same mould, though she's more...I'm not even sure how to explain the difference.
    Carefully. ;)

(It is deliberate that Czixi is that small, yes. It's related to her fighting style).
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • Terentia said:
    Carakhan said:
    I typically picture Carakhan as being on the towering end in the 10-12 foot range. Apparently I need to revise my mental picture of Carakhan, Lantra and Terentia. I somehow missed how short Tere is.
    Terentia's description (of which there have been two other variants--her original desc and the one where she got beat up by the Dreadform) all describe her as having a "diminutive frame." Which I take to mean that she is on the shorter side!

I find it so interesting that everyone assumes the Elders were giants. I ultimately land on how @Ghibli describes it, that Divine bodies and figures are fluid to their whims, but I think I have a very strong Xena: Warrior Princess fantasy where the difference between the gods and mortals is in terms of "power," not stature.

Oh, I definitely think size is very much mutable. I just think Carakhan defaults to taller than mortal sized. Some of it may be partly because of the image of tae with the first furrikin.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • I've always thought of Carakhan as MUCH larger than some other people. I've thought of her being somewhere near 20 feet at least, considering how bloody large everything in the ocean is. As the person who was the literal 'Sculptor of Waves', I can't imagine Her being any less grand, imposing, and pants-wettingly large as the ocean itself.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
    Mysrai said:
    I've always thought of Carakhan as MUCH larger than some other people. I've thought of her being somewhere near 20 feet at least, considering how bloody large everything in the ocean is. As the person who was the literal 'Sculptor of Waves', I can't imagine Her being any less grand, imposing, and pants-wettingly large as the ocean itself.
    I can't disagree, but it's not like the Skypainter is large. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Aonia said:
    Shaddus said:

Carefully. ;)

(It is deliberate that Czixi is that small, yes. It's related to her fighting style).

Czixi is a rogue, Terentia is a paladin. There we go :D
  • Shaddus said:
    Aonia said:
    Shaddus said:

Carefully. ;)

Czixi is a rogue, Terentia is a paladin. There we go :D
    I think from my OOC perspective (and also maybe even Terentia's IC one), I am interested in Czixi being a rogue! Clearly she is a Dueling/Two-Weapon Fighting Battlemaster with a bunch of mobility related maneuvers!  
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Terentia said:
    Carakhan said:

I find it so interesting that everyone assumes the Elders were giants. I ultimately land on how Ghibli describes it, that Divine bodies and figures are fluid to their whims, but I think I have a very strong Xena: Warrior Princess fantasy where the difference between the gods and mortals is in terms of "power," not stature.

To link these two thoughts together. Gabrielle is someone who fits that mould, I think. She's someone who is slight and diminutive but not necessarily short, per se, and is more than capable of rendering idiots that underestimate her into chunky salsa. Depending on the writer.

Alternately:

She's even dual-wielding!
  • Intense. The word you're looking for is intense. Everything Czixi does is with extreme focus and intensity. She prides herself on being unpredictable, and she hones everything about herself, physical or otherwise, to be a weapon. Everything is a fight of some kind - and I do mean everything - because she's a general at her core. It's as much a part of her identity as the air. 

Or at least, this is the impression I've gotten.
    Now I can only think of Czixi as the Type A in the Flower Smelling Champion Meme.
  • How many of the Divine actively use the think command? I suppose Y'all really don't need to, but it's fun to... think about.

• Esei said:
    How many of the Divine actively use the think command? I suppose Y'all really don't need to, but it's fun to... think about.
    The only time I use the think command is when I am in the process of becoming visible. So, no.