Telepathic eyeballs, delicious aprons, peep chili, loyalties?

Coraline dirigibled Kethuru eyeballs to @Sotsepmet while he was talking with @Crumkane , and she got teleported to the Fulcrux to explain herself! :D 
The rest is below. This was really fun!

(Sent mound of gibbering eyeballs to Sotsepmet, got immediately moved to Fulcrux!)

You say, "Oh!"

You exclaim, "Uh.. hello!"

Sotsepmet glances askance at you.

You curtsey gracefully before Crumkane.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to you, "Are you attempting to spy on us via a mound of gibbering eyeballs?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to you, "I should warn you that eyeballs are not very effective if they are not actually connected to something, in most occasions."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to you, "You would be much better off using, oh, a tin with a string on it."

(Gaudiguch): Moili (from the Aetherways) says, "Howdy!"

(Gaudiguch): Moili (from the Aetherways) says, "How are you fine folks?"

Murmuring to Himself, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Then again, might need quite a long string."

You say, "Umm... maybe I thought that they might work with.. umm.. telepathy..."

You have emoted: Coraline laughs nervously.

Sotsepmet's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Crumkane claps His hands together merrily.

(Gaudiguch): Moili says, "Doing well, I hope!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Really?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I haven't ever seen such a thing. Go on, give it a go."

Crumkane nods His head at you.

You beam broadly.

Sotsepmet does his best to look dour, but fails as he cracks a smile.

You are wielding:
  spatula220343 : a magic spatula in your left hand.
  violin295168 : an elegant sapphire violin of the ever-shifting cosmos in your right hand.
You are holding:
"eyeballs (dead)375392"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
"eyeballs (dead)384034"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
"eyeballs (dead)391519"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
"eyeballs (dead)330958"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
"eyeballs (dead)381666"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
"eyeballs (dead)392968"       the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs
You are wearing:
Number of matching objects: 6 (out of 187 total)

You drop a mechanical dirigible.
A mechanical dirigible whistles and cheerfully offers several mechanical chirps as it bounces up and down on currents of air, puttering in lazy circles.

You give the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs to a mechanical dirigible.
A mechanical dirigible takes the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs from you, grasping it delicately in its metallic claw.

Sotsepmet holds the mound aloft.

You say, "Deliver to Millien."
A mechanical dirigible bobs up and down in the air as it offers a loud whir and hum and a single mechanical chirp. After a brief moment the humming intensifies as it slowly putters off.

A mechanical dirigible bobs up and down as it drifts in on the natural currents of air, chirping as if happy.

You exclaim, "...now, if everything goes right.. I'd be able to hear what Millie's saying!"

Chiming like gently struck crystal, you echo to Millien Myeras, "I got my eye on you!"

You have emoted: Coraline twitches her ears, hoping to pick up sounds from the aethers.

Sotsepmet glances between Crumkane and you.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "How peculiar. They are eyes, not ears, are they not?"

You exclaim, "..oh! THAT might be why they don't work, then!"

With a dry tone, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "You've done enough dissections to know the difference, dear."

"Ahah!" Crumkane exclaims triumphantly.

You exclaim, "..maybe, maybe I need the corpse of some.. a mound of twitchy-witchy ears!"

You nod your head enthusiastically.

Sotsepmet gives a melting-pot platter of marshmallow fondue to you.

"Oooooooooh!" you say to a melting-pot platter of marshmallow fondue, eyes wide with wonder.

You put a platter of portions aplenty into a professional black briefcase. ---> don't wanna eat fully refined platter! :D

You put your nose over a melting-pot platter of marshmallow fondue and inhale.
A delicate, sugary smell escapes the melting-pot platter, underpinning the scent of fresh fruit.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a melting-pot platter of marshmallow fondue.
A quick taste of the melting-pot platter fills your mouth with a sweet, vanilla-sprinkled taste that sticks around for a long moment.
It is extremely wholesome.

You consume a melting-pot platter of marshmallow fondue leisurely, enjoying every bite.
Taking a golden skewer from the platter, you run your tongue down its
length, careful to avoid the sharp point at the end. Warm and sweet
marshmallow fondue trails off the skewer like thick, goopy white ink,
leaving a pleasant sensation that is fluffy, slimy and sticky all at
once. Overlooking the subtle hints of vanilla in the marshmallow, you
pierce a cube of plum and dip it into the melting pot. Dotted with tiny
beads of toffee, a generous serving of sweet marshmallow fades too soon,
replaced by the altogether different sweetness of ripe, moist plum. So
too go dripping, saccharine watermelon cubes, sharp orange cubes,
lip-puckering sour lemon cubes, soft, neutral pear cubes and firm,
wrinkled discs of dried apricot, which retain a surprisingly tart bite
for something so wizened. Scooping up the remaining dregs of marshmallow
with one idle finger, you complete and discard the platter.

You exclaim to Sotsepmet, "This is very lovely!"

With a broad smile, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Would you like to try some Divine food, Coraline?"

You pour a lich-y lychee cocktail from a bottle into a shot glass.

Crumkane's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Her eyes lighting up, you exclaim, "Oh, I'd love to!"

You give a shot glass to Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights.

Patting his hands on his Divine apron, with all its cute little patches, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "I have a.. special dessert."

Sotsepmet gives an ambrosial sugarplum tart to you.

"Oooooooooh!" you say to an ambrosial sugarplum tart, eyes wide with wonder.

Housed atop a flaky crust is a layer of marzipan, its granular texture spread smooth across the base. Layered neatly atop this almond past are thin slices of sugared plums, their vibrant violet colour as pleasing to the eye as the confection is to the tongue. A glaze of unknown composition coats the top of the pastry, the clear enamel providing a perfect shine to the dish. A dusting of powdered sugar finishes off the tart, the soft white a stark contrast to the otherwise colourful fruit.
It has 3 months of usefulness left.
It is strangely weightless.
It has the following aliases: tart.

An ambrosial sugarplum tart does not have a distinct smell.

An ambrosial sugarplum tart does not have a distinct taste.

You say, "Hmm.. how peculiar.."

You lift the tiny tart by its crust and bite down into it, pulling away pieces of plum reluctant to separate from their other half as you pull them into your mouth. Slurping up the dangling fruit, you are met with a fruity sweetness that oozes from within them, their juices seeping out as you chew through them. Powdered sugar and cool cream provide a more subtle sweetness to the dish, while the nutty base crumbles away beneath it, adding a bit of salt to the sweet concoction.

A wave of divine ecstasy washes over you as your mind wanders to distant, foreign memories.
You run your hands through the detritus that litters the floor beneath your feet, gathering the tiny nuts fallen from their homes in anticipation of most splendid creations.

Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "You will need to lick it, and sniff it."

Sotsepmet nods his head sagely.

You exclaim, "Oh! Well.. too late!"

Sotsepmet's eyes sparkle with amusement.

With a laugh, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "You'd give Tantus a run for his money."

You exclaim, "That was ... so good!"

Crumkane utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Sotsepmet ponders a whimsical apron patterned with various delights thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You pour a lich-y lychee cocktail from a bottle into a shot glass.

Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Have I ever shown you my apron?"

You give a shot glass to Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli.

Sotsepmet removes a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.

You shake your head.

Sotsepmet gives a whimsical apron patterned with various delights to you.

Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Try putting that on, and licking it."

You are wielding:
  violin295168 : an elegant sapphire violin of the ever-shifting cosmos in your right hand.
You are holding:
"apron235734"                 a mechanical apron
"apron149961"                 a whimsical apron patterned with various delights
You are wearing:
Number of matching objects: 2 (out of 183 total)

You lick a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.
You repeatedly run your tongue over a sugar-coated gumdrop, the tart flavour of the candy blending perfectly with the sweet taste of the saccharine crystals.

Crumkane tilts His head curiously.

Sotsepmet ponders a shot glass thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Glancing at Crumkane and then the apron, you ask, "Would I .... be able to wear it?"

You exclaim, "And it tastes like a gumdrop!"

You lick a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.
As you run your tongue over a vividly red strawberry, you are met with the, well, taste of strawberry. You shake your head as you wonder what else you could have expected.

With mischief in his eyes, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Try licking another patch!"

You say, "..now it tastes like strawberries!"

Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "The strawberries taste of strawberries, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries!"

Glancing sidelong at the apron, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to you, "You might. Whether you're able to take it off could be quite another matter entirely, mm?"

You ask Sotsepmet, "How do you manage to not eat this whole?"

Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "I follow His Recipe, my dear Coraline."

You exclaim, "Well, that part is easy! If it doesn't come off, I'll just... eat it!"

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You slip into a mechanical apron.

You slip into a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.

Sotsepmet pauses, looking unnervingly as if he had not considered the risk to his belongings before this moment.

You have emoted: Coraline pauses to look at her reflection in the caramel waterfall.

You remove a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.

With a reassuring smile, you give a whimsical apron patterned with various delights to Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli.

Crumkane's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "You do strike quite a figure in that, I should think."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Certainly I imagine it would be most useful in warding off errant...peep chili bits."

Crumkane wrinkles His nose in distaste.

A jovial laughter echoes through the cavern which is trailed by a blast of sugary air from within the golden horn.

Shadows dance across the rocky walls, perpetually avoiding the available light.

You have emoted: Hearing that, Coraline quickly stuffs some garish peep chili stew into a professional black briefcase.

Sotsepmet pauses, looking unnervingly as though he had not considered exposure to chili peep stew before handing over his apron.

You say, "Peep chili... was the result of.. well, boredom."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Goodness, I should imagine quite an intense ennui indeed, to produce that particular creation."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Still, I quite find boredom staved off marvelously by spending some time beneath the banquet hall in My kitc-."

Glancing at the Cornucopia, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Perhaps for want of a role model?"

Crumkane coughs softly.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Well."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Elsewhere, we shall say."

Sotsepmet slips into a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.

Sotsepmet licks a whimsical apron patterned with various delights.

A stirring breeze caresses your exposed skin, sending shivers through your body.

Softly, you say, "Well, You make all these wonderful creations.. so You wouldn't know.. but it felt like.. no matter what I made, everyone just had the same reaction to it, y'know..."

Sotsepmet smiles softly.

You say, ""oh, this is good!" "This is lovely!" "I like it"..."

Crumkane's eyes sparkle with amusement.

You say, "Might as well have been making the same thing over and over...."

Sotsepmet nods, with a look of sympathy on his face.

You say, "But I've never seen any other food get as many.. diverse reactions as the peep chili has..."

His gaze softening, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "To the contrary, dear. I know that better than anyone, truly."

You ask, "Oh, You do?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Certainly! Do you suppose any of the other Elders reacted any differently, upon a certain point?"

You ponder the situation.

You say, "I suppose not..."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "We have no need for sustenance of this type, no, but the sheer pleasure of a well-crafted meal, an exquisite dessert - well, yes, there isn't a bit to be matched by it!"

You ask, "..wait, does that mean that.. You've made something similar as well, to shock Your friends?"

Looking guilty, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Haven't we all?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Shall I tell you a bit of a story, Coraline Myeras?"

Sotsepmet gives a salad of doom to you.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a salad of doom.
The fresh and vibrant flavours of a healthy salad parade across your palate as you pick at the salad.
It is fit for the gods and is poisoned for a vile sickness.

Sotsepmet drops a salad of doom.
A salad of doom vanishes in a puff of powdered sugar just before touching the floor, accompanied by a distant, indulgent chuckle.

Blue cheese, and the accompanying odour, has been distributed throughout
the salad, presumably as the salad was tossed. A generous serving of
honeyed mustard dressing has been similarly spread through the salad,
with a scent that is both spicy and smooth. Crunchy croutons sparsely
dust the surface of the salad, though they cannot detract from the gaudy
spectacle of colourful and tempting vegetables, carrots and beetroot
among them. Lettuce and spinach form the leafy body of the salad,
interspersed with cherry tomatoes. Dainty flowers and clover have been
artfully arranged atop the salad, a sharp contrast to the lace-trimmed
leather bowl that it has been served in. A simple, unadorned fork rests
in a pocket in the side of the bowl.
It has 2 months of usefulness left.
It weighs 10 ounce(s).
It has a trade valuation of worthless.
It bears the distinctive mark of Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli.
It has been stamped with the seal of The Black Kitchens.
It has the following aliases: salad.

You have emoted: Coraline nibbles slightly on one of the croutons on a salad of doom and puts it back. "Mmm.. this is lovely.."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Imagine, if you will, a bevy of ingredients, a panoply of all you would ever require to create any dish that so struck your fancy."

You think to yourself: But I'm not gonna eat that.. it's poisoned..

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "And all the time and resources in existence to do so, yes?"

Sotsepmet sighs contentedly.

You have emoted: Coraline perks up her ears in interest.

Grimly, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Now, imagine that despite your very best efforts, each and every creation you produced, no matter how visually stunning, tasted no more exciting than that utterly faithless chicken dish you presented to Me some months ago. No spirit. No passion, no emotion behind it, no matter the care you took."

Sotsepmet curls his nose up and grimaces awfully.

You sadly say, "Oh, that sounds... terrible."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Indeed it was."

Briskly, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Some of My kin took to painting the skies, or pouring the oceans into being. For myself, perhaps less grand, or more, I desired to bring life to these frivolous, delightful little things."

You beam broadly.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "And so I did. There was no sweet, and then there was, and it was utterly extraordinary."

You say, "So -that's- how You made all those creatures! The gingerbread men, the peep soldiers.. the gummy bears... out of boredom?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I suppose you might say that very concept was the result of My own boredom."

Dripping water echoes enchantingly in the distance.

With a slight cough, Revelrous Sotsepmet n'Lochli says, "Please excuse me a moment."

Guided by unseen hands, a cascade of sticky caramel parts down its centre, into which Sotsepmet disappears.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I so strive to replicate the experience, to create a flavour that has never been tasted before once again. I suspect I shall, given time, but it takes ingenuity to do so, a desire to push beyond the boundaries of what we know and accept to exist within the structure of our operations."

You exclaim, "Oh, that sounds so fascinating! A taste that no one's ever tasted before!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Thus, perhaps the peep chili is an insipid creation to some in terms of practical consumption, but as a concept? Daring. Audacious. Precisely what one must engage in to stand above the rest and create greater masterpieces, don't you think?"

You beam broadly.

You say, "It's certainly had people react so differently! Some love it, some despise it.. but always strong reactions."

You smile and say, "Never a boring answer!"

(He excused himself and left for a moment, didn't catch that part)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "How very tiresome. I must apologise."

You say, "Oh, You're good! I was just maybe peeking inside that basket a little..."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "A rather polite gentleman with a rather large hydra made rather a mess of My cookbooks."

You ask, "Oh dear! Would that be.. Ixion?"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Ah, you are familiar!"

You say, "..I don't know anyone else with giant hydras!"

Twirling His mustache thoughtfully, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I do suppose it is rather a unique calling-card."

You say, "I hope Your cookbooks were not.. well, eaten!"

Crumkane tilts His head curiously at Vexacion.

You beam broadly at Vexacion.

Vexacion backs up a step, her dark eyes narrowing marginally. "...ah, He's here as well," she murmurs, "My apologies for interrupting."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Nonsense, nonsense."

You exclaim to Vexacion, "Hello hello, I was just testing if Kethuru's eyeballs work with long-distance telepathic communication with Chef Crumkane!"

You give the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs to Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil.

You sadly say to Vexacion, "...they don't."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I am rather firmly of the opinion that ears are needed if we'd care to hear anything."

"Are the eyeballs telepathic, dear?" Vexacion queries you, patting the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs gently before trying to eat one.

With obvious delight, Vexacion digs into the corpse of a mound of gibbering eyeballs, eating only the choicest organs and leaving the rest for the vultures.

Crumkane wrinkles His nose in distaste.

Nodding in all seriousness, you say, "I believe I should've tried it with ear-."

You boggle at Vexacion.

Regret. Vexacion feels a great deal of regret based on her expression, her nose scrunching and her tongue sticking out. "...tastes like Kethuru."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "...Well. I imagine there is no accounting for taste."

You whisper to Vexacion, "I don't know how safe it is to eat the Soulless.."

With a dismissive gesture of a clawed hand, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says to you, "The Legion did it and He's _fine_."

You say, "But He's an Elder, and we're not."

Almost to herself, you exclaim, "I have a wife and kids. I'm not ready to die!"

"...welcome back to the Basin, Lord Epicure," Vexacion adds to Crumkane, lowering herself in a polite curtsey as she tucks one cloven foot behind herself.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Never fear, dear ones, I am certain there is quite a simple solution to this."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says to Vexacion, "Do let us know whether you happen to disintegrate into a horrid black sludge over the next few days, would you?"

You smile broadly and say to Crumkane, "Vexacion is a chef as well!"

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says to Crumkane, "Indeed. For science, of course."

Crumkane nods His head sagely.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Most excellent."

"Oh?" Crumkane exclaims quizzically.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "A chef, indeed? How utterly splendid!"

A smidge awkwardly, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says, "I am not nearly so creative in food as Coraline is. Even Teacher is baffled by her treats at times."

(Order): You say, "How splendid! He likes science as well!"

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says, "I think the last one was a chocolate-filled shrimp."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I do hope your recipes are not nearly so shortsighted as your most recent aperitif."

Waving her hands, you say, "I'm sure Teacher is just fine.. He's eaten and drank much viler things and He's still okay."

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says to Crumkane, "I like to utilize traditional Magnagoran ingredients in an attempt to speak to our culture. No one cooks merian as well as they used to."

Casting a slanted glance to the side, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says, "...or as often."

You have emoted: Coraline muses, "They ARE quite good as sushi.."

Crumkane creases His brow in a frown.

You say, ".. but I still think salmon tastes better."

"The Lord Epicure is more fond of sweets, I'm sure," Vexacion muses aside to you.

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says, "I also make excellent meringue seawolves."

Curiously, you ask, "Meringue seawolves?"

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says to you, "A seawolf made of meringue."

You say, "Oh, and not the other way around..."

Vexacion holds her clawed hands out to indicate a large size. "They're about... This big."

Tightly, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I should say I prefer not to partake of the sentient races, and certainly not shards of My compatriots."

You have emoted: Coraline looks over to Crumkane with wide eyes. "Is that true? Do meringue seawolves really exist?"

Crumkane ponders the situation.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I cannot say I've seen one, no."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Have you?"

"They aren't alive, certainly, but I sent some to your Urchin recently," Vexacion admits to you.

Her voice silken to the ears, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says, "I imagine a living one would melt in the water."

You have emoted: Coraline looks over at Vexacion suspiciously. "Have you really?"

Skeptically, Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil says to you, "And Mboagn. I can run and make one for you also."

You beam broadly.

You exclaim, "I would LOVE to eat a meringue seawolf!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Hm. Perhaps an Isle Flottante meringue seawolf in the Delportian style..."

Crumkane sucks thoughtfully on His teeth.

You have emoted: Coraline perks up her ears in interest.

"I'll send some along," Vexacion offers, stepping back towards a cascade of sticky caramel. "...it was nice to make Your aquaintance..."

A wry smile spreads across Crumkane's face.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "How very curious!"

(timequake)

Noticing the timequake appearing, you say, "Oh, I sure hope she doesn't forget to send me a meringue seawolf.."
Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you participate in these odd little anomalies, then?"

You say, "Not really... they always turn out so very bloody.."

You say, "But she likes to participate in them!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "To each her own, as they say!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I personally haven't the interest in any of that nonsense, but I understand there is some measure of acclaim to be had, if done well."

You smile and say, "Both me and her are followers of Teacher! That's how we met!"

You nod solemnly to Crumkane.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Teacher?"

Crumkane tilts His head curiously.

The warm scent of fresh cupcakes fills the cavern which leaves you grabbing at your gut hungrily.

You exclaim, "Yes, my Teacher! The Forbidden Lord!"

You beam broadly at a frosted silver armlet.

Flapping its skeletal wings, a bat circles around you and drops a ravenous sun horror in your hands, then flies off with a shrill shriek.

You are wielding:
You are holding:
"horror341144"                a ravenous sun horror (modular origami)
You are wearing:
Number of matching objects: 1 (out of 183 total)

A giant meringue seawolf falls out of a ravenous sun horror and into your hands.
A giant meringue seawolf falls out of a ravenous sun horror and into your hands.
A ravenous sun horror flutters apart in wisps of vellum as the last of its contents spill into your hands.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Raezon."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "How terribly fascinating."

Crumkane ponders you thoughtfully, looking you up and down.

You nod your head enthusiastically at Crumkane.

Looking at the meringue seawolves tumbling out of the package, you exclaim, "Oh, she didn't forget!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Remarkable that one of your skill has gravitated to One who tolerated My efforts the least, I suppose."

You give a giant meringue seawolf to Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Still, one supposes stranger things have occurred."

Crumkane tentatively sticks out His tongue and licks a giant meringue seawolf.

You say, "Oh, Teacher's never appreciated Your cooking?"

You put your nose over a giant meringue seawolf and inhale.
The faint smell of sugar and egg white is barely discernible.

Crumkane puts His nose over a giant meringue seawolf and inhales.

You tentatively stick out your tongue and lick a giant meringue seawolf.
Unbelievably sweet, the texture of the meringue is perfect.
It is moderately nutritious.

You eat a giant meringue seawolf with gusto.
Bite after bite, the meringue seawolf cracks and crumbles, then finally, literally dissolves in your mouth, blissfully and wonderfully sweet.

You rub your tummy and go 'mmmmmmmm.'

Chiming like gently struck crystal, you echo to Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil, "Oh, this is lovely!"

Glancing from the meringue seawolf to you, mustache bristling with a faint curl of His lip, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Not in the slightest. Rather focused on His own designs, I fear, and didn't that turn out poetically?"

Crumkane quickly devours a giant meringue seawolf.

Pondering, you say, "Well, He did like the raisin bread I made for Him..."

Vexacion tells you, "I'm glad you like them."

You smile broadly and say, "And He told me that cooking is just like alchemy, and that if I learn alchemy from Him, I can be the best chef ever!"

Crumkane snorts inelegantly, chewing on the stem of His pipe.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Cooking is more an art than it ever could be a science. You know this."

Softly, you say, "I think it could be both...

Chiming like gently struck crystal, you echo to Preceptor Kalas Vexacion, the Iron Maiden of Nil, "I love them! and so does He, I think!"

Gesturing vaguely with His pipe, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "And you were saying what, but moments ago, about the chili?"

Vexacion tells you, "He bestowed a favour upon me, so I hope He does. In truth, they aren't my recipe, but I am incredibly fond of them and they make an excellent dessert."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Reactions. Emotions. Spectacle."

You say, "Well, yes..."

Regarding you with genuine curiosity, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Then how do you plan, precisely, to document that passion into a series of formulae?"

You have emoted: Coraline looks blank for a moment, then attempts to explain. "Well, if I made a new sort of food, then I could gather the responses to that, and then.. I will know what reaction that combination of flavours would gather in the future?"

You exclaim, "Under Teacher's guidance, I even wrote a scholarly
 book on salt!"

Grumbling, you say, "It was right after He forced me to study the much more boring and nasty sulfur..."

Crumkane grits His teeth about the stem of His pipe and puffs on it idly, curls of cherry-red smoke wafting about His features as He listens. "A well-reasoned argument," he concedes, one corner of His mouth lifting into a grin. "But then, it seems, you apply the foundations of logic to the sociological phenomena of your own efforts, rather than the culinary." He offers a shrug. "He appears to be teaching you how to quantify your cooking, not how to cook better."

You say, "Well, He always pushed us to be our best selves, I think! Wherever my passion lies, or Vexacion's, or anyone else's.. although we all have varied interests, and backgrounds, He just wants us all to do our best at what we do!"

Crumkane frowns, tapping out the contents of His pipe.

Softly, you say, "To be honest, He's the closest Person I've ever had to a mentor... He never called me stupid, like those grumpy tutors at the Collegium! He said I had potential!"

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I truly hope that to be the case. Creativity is to be encouraged and freed of bounds, but Raezon's mind is one of rigid strictures and private means."

You say, "I would like to respectfully disagree. On the contrary, Teacher always tells us that a narrow and closed mind is the enemy of Knowledge."

You say, "And He always encourages us to have an open mind."

Monocle glinting in the light, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "You are quite free to disagree. You do not know Him as I know Him."

You think to yourself: I wonder what He knows about Teacher..

(probe order armlet)
The surface of this armlet has the sunken mold of a feather imprinted onto the upper side while a stylized pentacle is raised along the bottom. A radiant gleam emanates from within created by a trapped droplet of the Forbidden's fire forged into the silver itself. Imbued with His very essence, the adornment's frosted edges burn with a cold light although causing no discomfort to its wearer. Along the outer edge a cunning clasp is set flush with the surface of the armlet creating a seamless closure that symbolizes the pathway of those who truly believe.
It weighs 4 ounce(s).
It does not retain any heat whatsoever.
It bears the distinctive mark of the Divine Order of Raezon, the Forbidden.
It has the following aliases: armlet.
[HINT]: You may LISTEN 289416 to hear the message your god has left for you.

(listened!)
The clean scent of the air after a lightning strike envelops your senses, your heart skipping a beat as the calm, soothing voice of the Forbidden whispers in your ear, "Good job."

Crumkane creases His brow in a frown.

Lightly, Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "That is quite enough of that."

You have emoted: Coraline holds a frosted silver armlet closer to Crumkane. "Do You hear this? It's the last message Teacher left me, He says "Good job."!"

You whisper, "... I don't remember what I did now, but it was evidently a good job..."

Crumkane actually lifts His cane, carefully balancing the lower haft against the silver armlet to halt its progress to His person.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "You are quite deserving of praise, I am certain, for you exhibit an enthusiasm and desire for more that is not exhibited by all of your peers."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "I do hope He means well by you, for it would be a true shame otherwise."

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Good morning, little one."
You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.

Comments

• Coraline is so good. What a magical experience - thank you for sharing <3!!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• And, as luck would have it...

I missed Him by *this* much.

-----

The Fulcrux of Crumkane.
    A patch of reishi mushroom thrives here. Surrounded by the scent of warm pastry, an enormous golden horn rises from the ground, its tip curled to the sky, out of which an unending supply of cupcakes frosted in vivid jewel tones spills. A cascade of sticky caramel falls out of a slit in the wall, plummeting into a bubbling pool that lies beneath it. An enchanting picnic blanket in dazzling sunset hues has been spread out thoughtfully on the ground here. A simple rectangular picnic basket rests here. Lazing about on her speckled leather belly, a seal with underdeveloped flippers gazes about with a contented smile on her face. Hunched forward, an ugly wiccan hag stands here, wheezing.
    You see a single exit leading through a cascade of sticky caramel.

You see the following people here:
    Coraline, Silvanos.

You wipe the back of your hand across your head in relief as you mutter, "Whew."

Offering her surroundings a smile with watery eyes, a speckled leather seal with underdeveloped flippers flops over onto her back and wiggles in apparent delight before freezing in place for several moments, rolling upright a few moments later with a smug smile.

Coraline beams broadly at you.

You flash Coraline a joyous smile.

You offer up 37 corpses to Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights.

Wearer of the Peep Chili, Coraline Myeras exclaims to you, "Aww, you just missed Him!"

You cough softly.

With a trilling chirp, you say, "Oh?"

With a trilling chirp, you say, "Alas."

Wearer of the Peep Chili, Coraline Myeras says, "He JUST left!"

You slump down in sadness, slowly throbbing a deep amber.

With a trilling chirp, you say, "Well, at least I finally found this place."

You wipe the back of your hand across your head in relief as you mutter, "Whew."

Coraline nods her head enthusiastically.

Wearer of the Peep Chili, Coraline Myeras says, "Maybe if you pray here, He might come back for a while longer! I have to go now, though.."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

You wave goodbye at Coraline.

With a trilling chirp, you say, "That's okay, I wanted to make sure to spread around the essence love."

You nod your head sagely.

Coraline beams broadly.

Wearer of the Peep Chili, Coraline Myeras exclaims, "He requires a lot of essence!"

You nod your head emphatically.

You offer up a figurine of an adorable little seal pup to Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights.

You clap your hands together merrily.

With a trilling chirp, you say, "There, now he has a but more."

Wearer of the Peep Chili, Coraline Myeras exclaims, "Well, I'll be going now. Hope you catch Him!"

With a trilling chirp, you say, "Bit more."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Coraline doffs a chiffon cake hat cordially.

You wave goodbye at Coraline.

You think to yourself: I don't know if He likes corpses, but well, they *were* from Fire plane and that's Gaudiguch and He seems to like Gaudiguch.

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray devoutly to Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights, "I hope you are well! It's nice you are back! Have a good time getting adjusted!".

You lazily draw your wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

You offer a faint smile and a gentle wave before turning away, chirping a cheerful, "Ta!"

(couldn't figure out how to exit, so started looking around)

You stare implacably about yourself.

The following plants are growing in this room:
    A reishi mushroom (reishi)                   60 left.

With a trilling chirp, you say, "How."

You think to yourself: HOW are there reishi here??

Plant                          Remaining      Last Harvested By
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    A reishi mushroom              60             Unknown.

You rub your chin thoughtfully, raise your eyebrow and say, "I see..."

You stumble and poke yourself in the eye.

"Ooowwwww!", you whine.

You reach down and carefully harvest a reishi mushroom.

A reishi mushroom              59             Silvanos.

You ponder a reishi mushroom thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

You reach down and dig a small hole for a reishi mushroom. Putting it in the hole, you then cover it with dirt.

A reishi mushroom              60             Silvanos.

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

You have recovered equilibrium.

You offer a faint smile and a gentle wave before turning away, chirping a cheerful, "Ta!"

(figured out how to leave!)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• To be clear; the Salad of Doom is a direct manifestation of this song;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq1ypGiHQI
  • Sotsepmet said:
    To be clear; the Salad of Doom is a direct manifestation of this song;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pq1ypGiHQI
    So catchy! Brb listening on repeat
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.