Pretty Parrot Mafia!

Comments

• Furthermore, since your last post appeared after I pressed post, you claim that such a redirection took place for the benefit of a watcher. A one-shot watcher, when the ability to recharge powers belongs to a dead player.
  • It could put anyone observing me such as a Watcher, a Tracker (if there is one), or another similar role as seeing I visited the person who got their picture taken. And yes, I was redirected to Thax and he got his picture taken. However, I didn’t take his picture. In the morning, I thought it a terrible coincidence but now I’m pretty much convinced this was intentional.

And yes, the history of safe claims being given out to bad guy roles means that my claim can be taken with a grain of salt, much like yours. I just wanted to put it out there to the other pretty parrots out there that just because someone gave an exact claim that sounds like a legit role, doesn’t 100% means they are a pretty parrot. 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • That still sounds like a lot of speculation on the part of the mafia regarding some very unlikely sets of roles given the information available, particularly when there is a far simpler explanation.

You attempted to kill the person who suspected your fakeclaim (me).
    You got redirected to Thax.
    Thax died.
  • vote: Nelras

I don't find your accounting of events particularly compelling, particularly given that Thax was a pretty logical target for last night's kill for mafia, as the likely recipient of an additional charge of his then unknown power.

A one-time redirect power could be really useful for mafia.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Let the games begin! It is DAY THREE. The day ends at 9:00PM, EST, on July 14th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 6 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 4 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Nelras 3-Zitto, Coraline, Carakhan
    Coraline 1-Nelras
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Look I think it's pretty evident that it's one or the other here, and if we're wrong about Nelras we know where to look.

vote Nelras
    Let the games begin! It is DAY THREE. The day ends at 9:00PM, EST, on July 14th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 6 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 4 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Nelras 4-Zitto, Coraline, Carakhan, Sapphira
    Coraline 1-Nelras

That's an elimination! Nelras, get ready for your photoshoot!
    ------

Nelras was...The Ghastly Greylag Goose!

A greylag goose
    Image Source

You are a horrible goose! That means you win with the mafia!

You are a goose, a beautiful monster, a master of misdirection, and an agent of chaos in the world. All shall look upon you and despair, for discord follows in your wake.

Master of Misdirection: Once per game, at night, you may MOVE X TO Y. If player X uses a power, it will target player Y instead of their original target. 

HONK: At night, you may HONK X to eliminate that player from the game. Only one member of your team can do this each night, and you cannot use your other power at the same time.

-----

Thus speaketh the Portly Parrot:

"Great voting! That's one less goose on the loose and taking bad pictures!"
    -----
    It is now NIGHT Three. The night end on Tuesday, July 14th, at 8:15PM EST. Send me your night actions!

Rise and shine! The bees are buzzing, the birds are...playing a game? I guess that just makes it better! So much so that you almost overlook the pictures of Zitto. Almost.

"Only a few of us left! I wonder who will get their picture taken today?"
    -----
    Zitto was...The Courageous Cockatoo!

Parrot Encyclopedia  Major Mitchells Cockatoo  World Parrot Trust
    Image Source

You are a pretty parrot! That means you win with the town!
    You are a heckin' big borbo! You're one of the bravest, the boldest, and the loudest. Nobody will get by you without getting a good old fashioned scream!
    SCREM: Once per game, at night, you may SCREEEEEEEEEM AT X. The number of e's is at your sole discretion. This will intimidate any attackers and prevent the target from getting eliminated at night!
    ----------
    Let the games begin! It is DAY FOUR. The day ends at 8:30PM, EST, on July 17th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 4 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 3 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    None!

• Sapphira is not a vanilla parrot, and I have received a message from Mysrai that states that they are a pretty parrot. Zitto believed them, so I will too I think. Hopefully I'm right.

vote Sapphira
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • I will unvote because I think it might be better to actually discuss the contents of the message first, but still. Leaning towards Sapphira being the goose like bird because I don’t know much about her power. She said she used it once, so unless it is a power that is multiple use, she should not have showed up as not a vanilla parrot.
  • Also the reasons I’m leaning towards Sapphira: there are four of us left and it takes 3 to take a picture, which implies that there is only one non-parrot left, and it would not make sense for a bird to be able to multi task (take a picture and come chitter at me at night). 
  • Ok well my one-shot power was to be able to introduce myself to one other player and communicate at night, which Carakhan can confirm unless she wants to throw me under the bus, in which case I would be highly suspect. The wording of your power Cora that you can see who can talk at night made me nervous, but then made sense that it wouldn't be a clear-cut revealer of scum. 

I'm a pretty parolet! Whose great claim to fame was learning to talk at night and ultimately just make myself look guilty with the power. Awkward.

What do you mean about a message from Mysrai? That seems curious! Mysrai can send messages to people about their innocence? What?
  • I can’t see who can talk at night. However, Mysrai seems to have an ability to talk to people at night
  • also if your power was one shot, unless you used it last night, you would have turned into a vanilla parrot (my power is used at the beginning of the night, so if someone becomes a vanilla parrot at the end of the night, they still show as non vanilla). 

But you showed to me as a non vanilla parrot.
  • *not a vanilla parrot

• Basically Mysrai's message to me at night was that they were a pretty parrot, Zitto vouching for them was correct, and hoped that I didn't have my picture taken at night.
  • I'm really confused by Mysrai's power. And how they were able to use it twice. And why Zitto was the one to get murdered rather than Coraline. And why you're both convinced that because they said they were town that they actually are town.

I will confirm that Sapphira visited me night one and we have been able to talk at night ever since. That doesn't absolve her from being the second mafia, however, especially if she's not showing up as vanilla to Coraline... And that would be an interesting twist on thax's power, to give one of the scum the ability to communicate with a town privately.
  • so Mysrai can send messages at night but that isn't shady? And more than once? Most everyone else seems to have one-time use powers save Cora and Mysrai.

Ok did some rereading because i had confused myself somewhere along the line. Cora's power shows vanilla birdies but as she stated, her power fired first so she wouldn't know it was used up after the fact. Ok. 

My one-shot power was indeed the ability to introduce myself to Carakhan, but as it wasn't a one-night only ability to talk i can only assume that's why i don't show as vanilla? As we can speak each night now. That's the only reason I can think of. I want to hear more about why Mysrai's night time messages are so trustworthy.

vote Mysrai
  • Did you use up your power on Carakhan last night? That is the only reason I can think of why you would show up as not a vanilla parrot if you’re in fact a pretty parrot. My power fires at the beginning of the night, so if you were not a vanilla parrot at the beginning of that night, and then you used up your power and became a vanilla parrot during the night, you will still show to me as not a vanilla parrot.

I used your power on you last night and you showed as not a vanilla parrot. The way you have been wording things implies that you used your power on Carakhan even before that. So you not showing up as vanilla parrot is suspicious to me.

The message sent by Portius that relayed Mysrai’s message did come with a disclaimer that this is what they asked to send - but it’s not necessarily true. It also showed as a chittering voice. I’m also unsure how Mysrai can send a detailed message as well as go take pictures in one night (usually in mafia games, when all the other mafia members die, the remaining one with a unique role will become a vanilla mafioso and will only have the ability to kill.)

I’m still inclined to vote you, but I want to hear Mysrai explain their role a little, and I also want clarity on how you and Carakhan were messaging at night (specifically, were you able to message last night?)

Things definitely got a bit more confusing! I was fully expecting to have pictures taken last night 
  • My understanding from Sapphira is that her power allowed her to open a line of communication to me night one, and we've been able to talk freely at night ever since (though not actually night one itself)

So she's used up her power, and given that thax had a specific power for detecting night chats, I'm inclined to believe Coraline should have seen Sapphira as vanilla if that was all there was to it. And Sapphira's confusion over Coraline's power might explain why Coraline survived.

But I would really like to hear from Mysrai.
    edited July 2020
    Let the games begin! It is DAY FOUR. The day ends at 8:30PM, EST, on July 17th, or after a vote goes through!
    With 4 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 3 votes to eliminate someone!

VOTES
    Mysrai 1-Sapphira
  • I'm beginning to see Portius' pattern for powers this game and it is making me furrow my forehead, and while my first inclination was to vote for Sapphira, re-reading her power makes me less willing.

My power is simply my ineffable, glorious ability to be able to talk to people! Specifically, I can send a single person a single message at night. I cannot receive message back, While I missed the second night because I was busy on my holiday, on both the first night and third night I sent messages out, to Zitto and then to Coraline in turn. Both conveyed the same, rough sum of information: I know you have no real reason to trust me, but it is me, Mysrai, the prettiest of parrots who is simply trying to impress upon you my innocence and the hope that we don't have our pictures taken early.

On the first night, not only did I hear Zitto screaming when I went to talk with him, but I also noticed someone at my perch, indicating that I had been visited. Last night when I visited Coraline, I simply received confirmation that I am indeed the prettiest chatterbox; a fact that I'm glad Portius was gracious enough to cement. 

So now I come to my problem: I am distrusting of both Carakhan and Sapphira. We had one bird who was out to get us from the start, the mallard. They had no power but to quack at us, and that's well and good. But reading into Nelras' power, it seems to me that both he and his partner in picture-taking crime would have a secondary, one-shot power to use alongside their honk (by Portius' wording of how their elimination system works). Coraline has used her power multiple times, as have I, and for that reason I trust her to be another townie. That leaves both of you as one-shots with the potential to have the kill as well.

So this just leaves me with the question I'm still pondering over, do we think that Portius' is more likely to have given the naughty birds a one-time watcher, or a one-time fake-out of a communication channel? I'm...actually leaning more heavily towards the first, and Carakhan being the guilty party, though I'd have to look back at some voting records to double-check.

FOS: Sapphira
    FOS: Carakhan
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • I am inclined to believe Carakhan is a pretty parrot because she was the first to vote against Nelras last night, and when he was accusing me, she brought up a very good point that his ability seems like something that would benefit scum. I’m going to assume the geese are working together, and her voting for a fellow goose and her general behaviour in game makes me think she is a pretty parrot.

So my suspicions are on you and Sapphira. You could have lied about being a pretty parrot in your message to throw me off, on one hand. But the likelihood of you being able to message me and honk at someone is low in my opinion. This, combined with this quote from Sapphira:

“Ok well my one-shot power was to be able to introduce myself to one other player and communicate at night, “

and she used this one shot power at the first night, which Carakhan also confirmed. Which should have turned her into a vanilla parrot by the end of first night, except that I checked her last night and she is not a vanilla parrot.

So there is only one other possibility: goose!

Vote Sapphira 

edited July 2020

VOTES
    Mysrai 1-Sapphira
    Sapphira 1-Coraline
  • I think Coraline's reasoning is very sound. While there's something to be said for the brilliant fake-out this is going to be if Carakhan hopped first onto Nelras' lynch train to keep herself free of suspicion (a tactic I've seen in the past), I think it's far less likely than what you're saying. If I am being played here by any sides, it is a masterful stroke and I will applaud you when I accept my fate.

Vote: Sapphira
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
    edited July 2020
    VOTES
    Mysrai 1-Sapphira
    Sapphira 2-Coraline, Mysrai
  • Do I think the last mafia is the one able to send one way communications nightly or the one able to establish a permanent line of communication to one person and hold it.

Honestly, if it weren't that Sapphira was not vanilla, I'd be leaning Mysrai, as a scum opposite to Coraline being able to repeatedly use her power, and able to point to their message power as why they were fine from Thax. But that would also render Mysrai relatively immune from detection in a way I'm skeptical of since we started out with three scum players.

vote: Sapphira

Let the games begin! It is DAY FOUR. The day ends at 8:30PM, EST, on July 17th, or after a vote goes through!With 4 fabulous feather friends in the game, it takes 3 votes to eliminate someone!
    VOTES
    Mysrai 1-Sapphira
    Sapphira 3-Coraline, Mysrai, Carakhan
    That's an elimination! Sapphira, get ready for your photoshoot!
    -----------------
    Sapphira was...The Conniving Canada Goose!

Canada Goose  Audubon Field Guide
    Image Source

You are a horrible goose! That means you win with the mafia!

Truly, you are the wickedest of all birbs. Which means you're still pretty cute because birds are amazing. Just look at that chaotic, amoral face! Don't you just want to smother it in kisses?

Tricky Goose: Once per game, at night, you may INTRODUCE X TO Y. From that point on, those two players will be able to converse privately at night. This power will work regardless of their alignments. You can target any two players, including yourself.

HONK: At night, you may HONK X to eliminate that player from the game. Only one member of your team can do this each night, and you cannot use your other power at the same time.
    --------------

"Wow! That was a quick vote. Accurate, too! A little birdie told me Sapphira was the last goose. Good job! Apparontly the Pretty Parrots win the game!"
  • Woo yesss! I’m so glad that Mysrai wasn’t a backstabber!  :)

Also, since the game is over, I will share this hilarious snippet from PM with Portius:

• Good job town! We had a very good game, and I'm never going to shut up about day one lynches. I want to give a particular tip of the hat to @Carakhan for being an aggressive player and probably cinching the game with the night one watch choice, and apologies to @Shaddus for the incorrect policy lynch.