Faythe and the Font (A Yneli Explanation)

edited July 2020 in Event Scrolls
Posting at the encouragement of my fellow Mayflowers, so if that doesn't interest you, feel free to skip over!

The Cloudless Sanctum.
Water flowing endlessly into the world beyond, the Font of Creativity stands here emanating a sense of peaceful serenity and power. Daiua Greenthorn stands here, her midnight-hued eyes darting about in constant examination. You notice a variety of WARES for sale here.  You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest.
You peer at the Font of Creativity unscrupulously.
Ripples shift across the surface of the Font.
You put a glorious bloom of the snow into the Font of Creativity.
You pull apart a glorious bloom of the snow and sprinkle the petals across the water in the font, listening to the soft laughter of the falls as the current flows over the edge and into the world beyond.
The surface of the water turns a sky blue and then slowly clears, an image forming within the boundless depths of a shy poet within an endless moor, practicing a speech. An expression of unbridled rage passes across her face as she looks at a set of opal prayer beads held in one hand. Suddenly, she closes her eyes tightly.
After a few moments, the sky blue colour spreads across the image again, before it spills over the edge of the Font drop by drop and out of sight, leaving only the pristine depths of the waters.
You chew on your lip thoughtfully.
You reach out and touch the Font of Creativity.
You dip your fingers in the font, feeling the energy emanating from the depths as ripples shiver across the surface of the water.
Calm washes through you, filling your mind with serenity and peace. You slowly inhale, feeling at one with the world.
With your mighty index finger extended, you poke the Font of Creativity.
You peer at the Font of Creativity unscrupulously.
Faythe leans over the side of the Font carefully. She holds aloft in her hands a delicate, sugar-frosted moonflower cake. She pauses, poised over the watery depths.
You say, "To cake Hm."
You cough softly.
Speaking to a delicate, sugar-frosted moonflower cake, you say, "Okay. So here is the plan. I drop you in, you don't disintegrate, and you end up at your destination unharmed, alright?"
You nod your head at a delicate, sugar-frosted moonflower cake.
Leaning out a little further over the Font Faythe cautiously tosses the cake so it lands into the center of the water in the Font.
You put a delicate, sugar-frosted moonflower cake into the Font of Creativity.
As a delicate, sugar-frosted moonflower cake sinks into the depths of the font, ripples diverge across the surface of the water in concentric circles. In the next moment, the item is gone.
Faythe peers over the side of the Font, watching until the cake has completely vanished. She chews her lower lip thoughtfully, and then picks up a strawberry basil sunflower salad, repeating the experiment with this dish as well.
Tossing it into the water, you say, "Godspeed, little salad."
You put a strawberry basil sunflower salad into the Font of Creativity.
As a strawberry basil sunflower salad sinks into the depths of the font, ripples diverge across the surface of the water in concentric circles. In the next moment, the item is gone.
Her hands gripping the edge of the basin of the Font, Faythe leans forward, peering as closely down at the water as she can without actually falling into it.
Nialla arrives from the northeast.
A young peahen waddles into view from the northeast, cheeping softly.
Nialla leaves to the southwest.
Flapping her small wings, a young peahen waddles away to the southwest.
(Yneli): Nialla says, "The lotus has bloomed once again."
(Yneli): Lief (from the Aetherways) says, "Thank you so very much, Nialla. I shall note it with the scribes."
You say to the Font of Creativity, "Well now."
Nialla arrives from the southwest.
A young peahen waddles into view from the southwest, cheeping softly.
Nialla leaves to the northeast.
Flapping her small wings, a young peahen waddles away to the northeast.
(Yneli): Elexia (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Wonderful to hear!"
Jokingly, you say to the Font of Creativity, "Alright, here's the deal. I've given you some flowers, a nice cake and a salad. How about a present for my birthday? A nice bow and set of arrows? Something like Pathfinder - more suited to a mortal Elfen of course?"
You ponder the situation.
You look skeptical and say to the Font of Creativity, "Although technically my birthday isn't until Avechary 3rd. ."
Faythe sighs, leaning on the edge of the Font's basin. "Now I'm talking to inanimate objects," she mutters to herself.
You lean on the Font of Creativity seeking consolation.
Faythe peers down at the waters of the Font, trailing her fingers lightly over the surface.
Absently, you say to the Font of Creativity, "Lief wants me to pray to Maylea. I wonder, does everything really end up with Her, coming through you?"
Conspiratorially, you say to the Font of Creativity, "I'll make you a deal. I'll... tell you why I wanted to join the Yneli, since Lief really wants me to talk about it. You do your thing and carry it along sometime, maybe echo it to the Lady? Whenever She wanders by. Don't bother Her unnecessarily now. You do this for me, I'll drop a nice treat into you every time I wake up for the rest of the year. Is that a deal?"
You reach out and touch the Font of Creativity.
You dip your fingers in the font, feeling the energy emanating from the depths as ripples shiver across the surface of the water.
Calm washes through you, filling your mind with serenity and peace. You slowly inhale, feeling at one with the world.
Faythe half-smiles to herself at her own ridiculousness, sighing down at the water.
You say to the Font of Creativity, "Ripple three times for yes, and twice for no."
Your eyes sparkle with amusement at yourself.
You give a pained sigh.
You say to the Font of Creativity, "Well, I'll tell you anyway."
Faythe glances over her shoulder, as though trying to ascertain if Daiua Greenthorn is listening on or noticing any of her strange behavior.
Faythe crouches down by the side of the Font's basin, speaking quietly down into the water.
You whisper to the Font of Creativity, "The reason I joined the Yneli, is because, ever since I met Maylea, She's intrigued me. She had no reason to take any notice of me, no reason to be anything but polite. Instead, She shared with me one of Her prized possessions. She allowed me to hold it, taught me to shoot with it, not once, but several times. She was patient, and kind, and encouraging."
You whisper to the Font of Creativity, "She made me feel special. She made me feel like I belonged somewhere, for the first time in my life since... well, since something very long ago. And then, She taught me how to channel power, power I didn't know I had. The strength in myself. And then, when She moved Her power through me, and we shot that giant Nil-begotten spear out of the Forest, through the sky, and rocketed it through the Basin... it felt like coming home. And every time I pass by that spear, I am happy to see it. For me, it is not a blight, but a reminder of one of my happiest memories. Coming home to my passion, through Someone who cared."
You whisper to the Font of Creativity, "You tell Her for me, will you? Sometime, when She's not busy, and just wandering by. I don't want to bother Her unnecessarily. But maybe... let Maylea know that I'm grateful for Her, whatever that might me. If it makes Her happy. Let Her know sometime, when She is feeling down and needs to feel encouraged, too."
You whisper to the Font of Creativity, "Whatever that might mean, to Her, I mean."
Faythe reaches out again, gently touching the water's surface. She barely breaks through, causing gentle ripples. She lifts her fingers, allowing the droplets to scatter across the  surface of the Font.
You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.
Faythe turns away from the water, flopping down onto the ground and leaning her back against the Font. She studies the ceiling overhead, eyes tracing patters and paths in the domes.
Absently, you say to the Font of Creativity, "A deal's a deal, even if you didn't agree to it. I'll hold up my end. I'll bring you a treat, every time I wake up, for the rest of the year. Maybe something found in other bodies of water? Would you like that?"
You say, "A nice seashell... a strange looking fish."
You shake your head.
You say, "Ah well."
Faythe stands up from the ground, dusting off her trousers.
Faythe turns and glances at the Font one more time, saluting it with one hand. She tucks her hands into her pockets and wanders away, whistling to herself absently.
You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!

Comments

• This is *such* a sweet log! I love it when characters have such moving scenes by themselves!
  • Now she can technically say she did it when Lief bugs Faythe next... :D
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Lief said:
    Now she can technically say she did it when Lief bugs Faythe next... :D
    *shakes head sadly*  She'll never learn...

You have been recognised by Elexia for: She is such an incredible writer, and I adore the friendship between Faythe and Elexia. Faythe's emotes are well-written and creative, and in this scene in particular she has done such wonderful emotes using the Moondancer fae! It's always inspiring and so very much fun. 

You have been recognised by Lief for: There is a LOT to recognize you over. We've had so many great scenes - so much tension and warmth and friendship and confusion between our two characters, and I love every moment of it. Not to mention the cult - I am so glad you could make it, and Faythe's role in its creation was beautiful. It wouldn't have been the same event without Faythe's presence there. Thank you!!