Great Hunt Question

Hello there, I was wondering if X person started the great hunt at lvl 50, and in the middle of the hunt ended up in lvl 70, which tier will that person be credited for, the 1-60 tier or the 61-99 tier? Thank you for clarifying things! And yes X person is me

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    61-99

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Actually no - the rules were changed a while ago, you are ranked according to what tier you were when you -started- the great hunt, not where you finish.

edited June 2013
    I'm sure there was a news post about it but I can't find it at the moment!

• I believe the change was actually the opposite. It used to be that you would rank according to your starting level, but now your maximum level across the weekend is tracked and that is used to determine your tier. Therefore, if you ever kill a creature at or above level 61, you will transition permanently to the 61-99 tier.
    edited June 2013
    ...really? I thought the change came in so people didn't have to keep dying and losing levels to stay in the lower tier. Maybe I really read that wrong, but it seems backward to me, punishing the hard work put in to gain a score bashing what would be lower scoring things, only to jump up to a tier with people that have been bashing things worth many more points. Especially harsh going from under 60 tier, to suddenly be competing with titans. Sorry, Yzolde. I thought it had been changed.

EDIT: I recall people starting as level 75, say, then dying a lot and effectively beating all the under 60s because they'd been able to gain a higher score killing things worth more points. I thought that was the point of the change, which would mean competing in the tier you start in would save those in the lower tiers being beaten at the last minute by someone from the higher tier. I misunderstood the change to mean it was simply the tier you started that counted, not the highest tier you compete in.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I recall it the same way as Lavinya.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I think I get what you are saying -  You can level UP into the next tier, but you can't go DOWN if you deliberately die and lose experience to go down into the previous tier, if that is what you were wondering...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Kagato said:
    I think I get what you are saying -  You can level UP into the next tier, but you can't go DOWN if you deliberately die and lose experience to go down into the previous tier, if that is what you were wondering...
    This is how I've understood it, you can still kill yourself at 59/60 and lose levels to remain in the bottom tier, but once you hit 61, you're middle tier.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Right, it's your maximum level over the time period. If you go from tier one and level up into tier 2, you're counted as tier 2. If you're tier 2, and level down to tier 1... it uses your maximum level over the weekend... and you're still tier 2.
    Really sucks for the poor person starting at 45 and breaks past 60. They're punished for levelling by having to compete with Titans, and are forced to die repeatedly for credits. Seems wrong to me.

You only need to die once, just drain out your xp for a while then pray.

But yes, it's a pretty backward system in that regard.

• I can totally understand why they do it this way.  The problem is that any way you do it, there's going to be a way to abuse it.  This seems like the best way to protect the true newbies who stand to win something, increasing the likelihood they'll stay :/
    How does it protect the true newbies? Levelling levelling, hit 61...damn, you're now no where near the top ten, sorry! That alt that knew better is going to enjoy your credits!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited June 2013
    Lavinya said:
    How does it protect the true newbies? Levelling levelling, hit 61...damn, you're now no where near the top ten, sorry! That alt that knew better is going to enjoy your credits!
    Better than the Alt that keeps heartstopping/dying a ton to stay in the bottom tier to take the credits from that newbie

Edit: A better solution to stop alt abuse would be making greathunt reward credits bound instead of unbound, that way you can't transfer them to your main, most you can do is beef up your aethership

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    That's what I was referring to - the alt that knew they'd be bumped a tier and kept dying to stay in the lower tier. It wouldn't be a problem if you stayed in the tier you started! No one could die to drop down and beat the lower ranks, no one would need to heartstop to stay below a certain rank. Which is what I thought the change was, but alas, apparently not.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lavinya said:
    That's what I was referring to - the alt that knew they'd be bumped a tier and kept dying to stay in the lower tier. It wouldn't be a problem if you stayed in the tier you started! No one could die to drop down and beat the lower ranks, no one would need to heartstop to stay below a certain rank. Which is what I thought the change was, but alas, apparently not.
    So someone starting at lvl 60 would then have the advantage because they can easily start on stronger mobs then continue to move up, whilst the lvl 30 newbie has a long ways to go to keep up. I'd rather this version to be honest, you finish in the highest tier you kill something in. No matter what happens, alts will abuse things as long as credits are unbound. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Let's all have a silent moment for poor Andala who was misinformed by the beginning of this thread, and tiered out, then attempted to tier back in and lost demigoddess for no reason at all.
  • ^ Laughing so hard at above gif.

hahahahahha
  • And... still no prizes :(
  • edited June 2013
    Hate to break it to you, but...

**************************************************[ TOP TEN DEMIGOD+ ]**************************************************
    Rank  Name                  Kills     Influences          Total
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.    Xena                  39000           1000          40000
    2.    Kelly                 40000              0          40000
    3.    Morkarion             38263              0          38263
    4.    Fay                   37799              0          37799
    5.    Saoirse               33558              0          33558
    6.    Leolamins             27272              0          27272
    7.    Kio                    5180           3856           9036
    8.    Andala                 7938            354           8292
    9.    Lavinya                3066           4047           7113
    10.   Alondal                6403              0           6403
    ************************************************************************************************************************

************************************************[ TOP TEN LEVEL 61-99 ]*************************************************
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.    Emeldia                  56          11009          11065
    2.    Avurekhos             10085              0          10085
    3.    Skye                    127           8761           8888
    4.    Caerlyr                7176           1712           8888
    5.    Derith                 7467              0           7467
    6.    Corascun               7055             21           7076
    7.    Trae                      0           4909           4909
    8.    Athree                 4684              0           4684
    9.    Aquifn                    0           4405           4405
    10.   Gabriella              1000           2534           3534
    ************************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************[ TOP TEN LEVEL 1-60 ]*************************************************
    1.    Kuroudo                1822           1000           2822
    2.    Ginji                  1043           1007           2050
    3.    Yoelhaiwe               671           1101           1772
    4.    Zycra                  1515              0           1515
    5.    Havana                 1376            103           1479
    6.    Areka                  1342             70           1412
    7.    Ilia                    985             69           1054
    8.    Graizhon                789              0            789
    9.    Calyptus                464             50            514
    10.   Nuriel                  467              0            467

You're in neither of those lists from what I can see.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    She got pushed out of the 1-60 tier, after the great hunt ended, but was ranked at in the top 10.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"