Project Quest

1235»

Comments

• Speaking of quests and some being so controversial or just outright harmful, I had a few ideas? This is specifically for Project Soulforge and Tainted Broadcast Centre. As they are now, only one org benefits and everyone else suffers, hence why they haven't been done in...how many years? (Actual question). Instead can we make it that the person who completes the quest decides who is effected? We have the tech required in quests like Stewartsville already to recognize specific words. So it could come down to this:

Quest NPC: Who would you like to punish?
    Player: Celest
    Quest NPC: Any other you would like to punish?
    Player: No
    Quest NPC: Very well, Celest will be punished.

Honestly could just make it list the table values that were added by the player like it already does, again, in Stewartsville to solve the murder and recap. Applying that tech to these controversial quests might actually spike their use. If Magnagora decided to complete Soulforge and keep Serenwilde and Hallifax clear, they're no longer upsetting allies. I personally believe giving that selection of which orgs get punished by the quest will motivate more players to do these.
  • I did TBC about a year ago and took it down immediately. Well, Taevyn was on me in 12s and after he hit me a bit he helped me take it down as I think you need someone from a different org.

Targeting only orgs you're at war with would certainly remove some of the tensions.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Any chance we can get Krik Worntail's quest to repair Mahalla's organ added to the quest system?  Some of the other Voice quests are, but that one isn't.  I think Jagrerox's is missing as well.
  • Xenthos said:
    Any chance we can get Krik Worntail's quest to repair Mahalla's organ added to the quest system?  Some of the other Voice quests are, but that one isn't.  I think Jagrerox's is missing as well.
    Jagerox's exists, it's BLASTEDLANDS_DIG
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2019
    Not sure if this is still active, but I thought I'd mention my thoughts on the few quests I know inside and out. To wit: TOSHA_PILGRIM requires the same amount of bashing and token distributing as TOSHA, but instead of heading in to the spirit realm for more bashing, you have to successfully influence at least 40 monks with the appropriate kind of influencing, then get their little idols to the spirit masters, then hunt down the bloodthirsty pilgrim. Personally, I find that to be more work than the original honors quest. It's a small thing, but it seems like the quest ranking for those two should be swapped, and the TOSHA_PILGRIM quest should give an honors line.  o:)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I think TOSHA_PILGRIM's ranking is reduced somewhat to reflect the fact you can stack the quests - doing the pilgrim quest doesn't prevent you from doing the Pits. You can do the pits immediately after, in fact. That said, I'd agree the pilgrim is ultimately more work (especially when monks start going back to grey robes before their egos reset, forcing you to analyze each before bestowing tokens or getting more corpses for new tokens). So swapping their rankings sounds pretty reasonable.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Only you know my pain.  :dizzy:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Would it be possible to have the mobs for the FROSTICIA quest tweaked some? Dropping two more snow kids in the area would be a huge help! Inflating the quest's difficulty via long timers/not enough mobs is kind of a bummer :(
    Thank you!
  • Any chance the Saving/Slaying Aestra quests can get added to the quest system?
  • There's a chance of adding all quests to the system as it is the goal of this project. It's just all about finding the time. :/ I am planning, fingers crossed, to do another round of additions in September. Will definitely add those to the top of the queue. 
  • Drocilla said:
    There's a chance of adding all quests to the system as it is the goal of this project. It's just all about finding the time. :/ I am planning, fingers crossed, to do another round of additions in September. Will definitely add those to the top of the queue. 

To the top, why? Please instead add in quests that more people do more often.
  • Steingrim said:
    Drocilla said:
    There's a chance of adding all quests to the system as it is the goal of this project. It's just all about finding the time. :/ I am planning, fingers crossed, to do another round of additions in September. Will definitely add those to the top of the queue. 

To the top, why? Please instead add in quests that more people do more often.
    Please feel free to name some! One of the drawbacks to the old way of doing quests is that we do not have a ready way to rank this.
    Art by the multitalented Aonia
    I think he is saying "why waste time on old quests vs. adding brand new ones".
    If that is the case, I think that bringing attention and rewards to the old quests is the reason, and (theoretically) it is a different kind of work than a whole new quest design.  It is just drudgery working through it instead, so hopefully does not detract much from new stuff!
  • I'd really like to see the Saint Gathlyn's Orphanage quest and counter quest added.

I don't think the Song of Ail'Fae Runia, Slaghora'ruin, or the blessing from old man rock (? Gromosh Ganath gives the quest) are in the system either. I know Namoc Tsolut in the Inner Sea has a quest but idk what it is exactly, or if it should be in the system!

It would also be really nice to see the Mahalla and Jagrerox quests get honours lines like the other bard quests.

• I'm not sure if this is really the place for it, but it's only a minor touch-up suggestion, so...

The memories of the little sleeping goddess in Muud play out as full emotes, despite there being a lot of dialogue between characters in those memories. It'd be nice if it was updated to colour their dialogue with the config say colour, for that added "real" touch.

• I don't remember the quest IDs, but the Orphanage quest (I think it's the one mentioned above- the one about Mount Wend) and the new quest about the Carver of Mountains. The former isn't added to quest tracker and the latter is, but doesn't give out any daily credits.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Drocilla said:
    The latter has been fixed while the former is on the to-do. At this point, any quest that comes with an honour line is something we don't need requests for anymore because the list of remaining honours (unattached to quests in the system) is something we have tracked down and put on the immediate to-do for that project.

It's happening slowly, unfortunately, and sometimes with a lot of cursing about the design of some of the older quests, but it's happening. We're down 50 out of 118 at this point - of those that we had on the agenda as necessary to be added. Undoubtedly there's about 30+ more that could use being added - smaller quests, the so-called pockets, or quests inside orgs - but that can happen on a request basis if we miss them. All honours will make it into the system, no doubts about it!
    Ah, thanks! I posted the comment because in the Livestream they asked to post quests you want added to the dailycredits to this thread. When I see non honour quest ones, I'll post here! 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Please do. We're definitely good to go for honours after trolling through the (seriously immense) list of existing honours for quest-related ones. There's definitely a handful of quests that will escape our attention, especially if they're org-related. Like say cookies for viscanti childen, or returning Marla's bat to her.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited June 2020
    Do you still want rough time-to-completion for honours quests that aren't in the QUEST system on the forum threadHere?

((Edit because crossposting is hard.))

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Since the go-ahead was given in Discord:
    The time from me entering the Meliashmora of Imperial Secrets to the time of me collecting the reward for the Tale of Merenir the Hero was roughly 80 minutes. At least part of that was player error, I couldn't locate one of the objects that was in a hiding place I should have checked, but there was at least one object I never found at all, and sheer luck prevented that from extending the time even further. Though it's entirely possible I just missed an obvious hiding spot.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Small things about the meliashmora, doing the story of Queen Serelyn, the Righteous Mother, that logic puzzle might do with having the amount of retainers reduced. If you get all of them, you'll end up with a lot of repeated clues. Maybe the line where the butler says "aah yes", could be extended that beyond this point, no more new clues can be gotten ? And lastly, maybe a hint could be added, after the costumes have been distributed, that you need to speak to merenir before the ball can start, which is not immediately obvious, instead it just feels like the quest has stopped. All in all very lovely quest though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited July 2020
    Unsure if this has been harped on elsewhere, but after recently attempting the Orphanage quest, I'd like to point out a few issues I've come across so far.

1. During a denizen's task work (giving Agitho the flowers, etc), and after it has been completed, greeting them just gives you the same starting speech. I took this to mean that my progress had reset at multiple junctions, and almost called it quits until I realized I just had to ignore them entirely and find out the next step.

Suggestion: give them a line to denote that their part is finished, maybe just copy Ratanele's below.

2. The process seems like it could be made linear, given that Agitho specifically mentions Ankia after you've finished his part, which involves accepting the overall quest to begin with. After helping Ankia, though, she awkwardly disappears from the room with a mention of Father Ratanele. Ratanele himself has absolutely nothing to say about what needs to be done next, save "Summon me to stand beside you when the time is right!!".

Suggestion: if it's meant to be done in a certain order, have the mobs prompt you to seek out the next in line. If the tasks can be done in any order, which I suspect is the case, have them instead say something like "You should see who else still needs your assistance before Denthon can gather us for the ritual."

Edit: Ankia DOES mention going to Tamone and Denthon in the same breath, but it's hidden under needing to really, really spam greet.

3. Given that I had the icons from influencing the acolytes for Agitho's amulet piece, I thought Denthon would be a good next step. After stumbling through the ward puzzle (which itself could use more of an explanation, I lucked out figuring it as a mastermind. Denthon only briefly mentions the slots), he said the next step was to go empower everyone and bring them together. Easy!

Except...Tamone. After spam-greeting him before making my way to Denthon, he seemed to not have a task at all, just spouting some lines. It wasn't until he was already at the statue that he randomly mentioned filling up the talisman, which I hadn't even gotten from him yet. After getting said talisman, I couldn't progress anyways - I killed one of the souls mistakenly, trying to kill the hungering guard-type that Semau spawned on me.

Suggestion: block Denthon from offering the statue puzzle until the other tasks are complete, and/or make the ritualists unempowerable until the same point. Also consider upping the rate for the ritualists even mentioning their task, as I personally didn't think to try the "help" prompt until much later.

Currently twiddling my thumbs and hoping that first soul resets before they all walk away from the statue!

Also edit: after finally setting Tamone straight, things still seem to not be working. Attempting to lead Tamone out and back into the room doesn't nudge it along, either. Mobs are responding to 'help', but only to tell you that their tasks are done, or in Agitho's case, continue acting as if everything has started over.

Agitho seems to have ACTUALLY reset this time, so patched him up. But still nothing.

Agitho Merule exclaims, "At last!"
    Agitho Merule draws half of an amulet from within his robes and clasps the two halves together.
    Agitho Merule says, "Finally, I am ready for the ritual. Speak with Ankia if you'd further aid us:
    only she has the key to open the gate."

Agitho Merule plaits the flowers together around the amulet with agile fingers and places the
    flowery circlet atop his head.

You greet Agitho Merule with a sincere smile.
    Agitho Merule exclaims, "You must help me gather the flowers for the ritual crown!"
    Agitho Merule pumps his fists in the air to rally the troops.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Was told to resurrect this thread.

The Wyrmling quest in Mt. Zoaka does not seem to be in the Quests system, and does not provide any dailycredits, but is a part of Gaudiguch's Epic.