Announce Post #3064: Policy Change: Sexual Harassment of New Players

Newbies are the lifeblood of Lusternia, and we take protecting them very seriously.

It has been brought to our attention that in recent months, a number of new players have been approached for sexual roleplay early on in their time within Lusternia. Many of them have been made uncomfortable by this, but not known what to do about it, or whether this is normal for Lusternia.

We all know that people use Lusternia for sexual roleplay, and if done in private, with the full and active consent of all invovled, this is not inherently against our Terms of Service or rules.

However, it is important to remember that players new to Lusternia do not know what the game is like and thus may not be able to fully, actively consent. They do not know what is expected of them, and experienced players inherently have more power than those who are new. When you ask a new player to do something, as an experienced player, your voice carries weight and must be used carefully.

As such, we have added a line into the newbie intro, at the point where the player enters into Lusternia proper, explaining that the Issues system exists and should be used if any player ever has trouble with another person in the game.

In addition to this, we have added an honours line to players who are new to Lusternia. This line reads: "recently stepped through the Portal of Fate". If you see a player with that honours line, you should NEVER approach them for sexual roleplay. You may respond if they approach you.

This line will disappear when the character has been in Lusternia for more than 50 cumulative hours (i.e. the point at which they can no longer receive a mentor). The Scroll of Laurels will not hide this line.

This ruling has been added to HELP HARASSMENT. We will consider any breach of this rule to be an act of sexual harassment, and will punish it accordingly.

Thank you.

Comments

• Good. This is good. Very happy about all of it.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!