Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tylwyth said:
    Ciaran said:

*squint*
    Well Silvanos, I must admit I've been underestimating you.
    From earlier conversations about it, I believe that relative might is calculated based  just on skills.
    still impressive though, I guess.

Calculated based on number of lessons invested in currently active skills. Still quite impressive though.
  • I only just realised that ascension is on the 11st, this coming Saturday, rather than next Saturday.

Reading dates is hard.

• 11st
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Mboagn said:
    11st
    Yes, it's been one of those days.
  • Specifically, the elevenst.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The best part about this recent debacle is this:

Message #909 sent by Vexacion (received: 2020/06/30 17:37:51)
       You have one month to update Fenrir to refuse enemies of Magnagora before I remove it from the
    Portal Chamber.

My manse perms literally allowed one person to enter it: Orventa, who isn't enemied.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Suklub probably missed @Silvanus more than most! 

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What kind of coward bets 15000?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Give him time, he just got back
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Just discovered to my dismay that there is no Maeve doll. It would've been a must have if one were to exist.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Some people are just petty.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Did any of the former guilds not give out their guild honour to anyone? Where be the coolest faeling Damian?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Damian died.
  • Was that ever confirmed? I prefer to think he's just living in the sealed off BT guildhall.
    Which will one day be reopened for the Forest.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Xenthos just likes to be an insufferable dick to me.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Alternatively, I am answering the question "where be Damian?"  Dominique survived the greev, Damian did not.
  • Aonia said:
    We've had some feedback from multiple places that the Disagree and Lol reactions have not served to improve the forums experience. We added these with the aim to see how things went and remove them if necessary, and ultimately have come to agree with the feedback that they are not a positive addition. Whilst many people used these reactions well, this was not always the case, in part because both reactions can be taken in both a positive or negative light.

By all means laugh at the hilarious memes and disagree with the opinions of others, but let's do it through active discourse - that way your disagreements can be properly heard and worked out, and your laughter can be understood as shared, not malicious.
    I feel like the insightful response will be the go-to response if you remove disagree.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Xenthos said:
    Hmm.  I kind of like insightful; to me it indicates "there is something worth thinking about here."  It comes across as a milder form of agreement in my mind.  I would not be particularly crushed if it was to go away, but it doesn't have the same inherent flaws of the others in my mind.
    Note: I was torn between insightful and heart on Aonia's post, and I would have given you an insightful for raising a point worth talking about if you had not expressed that you thought it might be a negative.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "insightful" is inherently negative. I'm just saying people often use it that way.

Much in the same way that the "isee" emote is sometimes "I understand" and sometimes "this person is an idiot".

• edited July 2020
    From now on, going to reply to hilarious posts with a single post of: Lol.

Agreed they were silly. For example, disagreeing on a picrew picture struck me as nothing but trolling. Still a shame, sometimes i -do- disagree and it can be helpful to see that something is agreed with or NOT by a number of players. Alas. Petition to add a 'hrm' button for those inbetween times! :D 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Disagree was fine, LOL was used exactly how we told you guys it would be used. Not strictly as a way to laugh, but also to ridicule people for their opinions.

• If you complained directly after Ascension that "the community has degenerated into a toxic cesspool", but you've went out of your way since then to be toxic and raid constantly, know that I have little or no personal respect for you anymore as a player.

#nocontext

• So if insightful can be used sarcastically... Can I assume that "heart" actually stands for the Southern colloquialism "bless your heart?" 

If you understand this reference, please don't like or agree. I'll just have to spend to spend more time questioning what these flags really mean.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    My reaction when people tell me not to log back in again

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.