Matters of Family

This exceeded all of my hopes and dreams. A series of logs leading up to Lief finally, properly, sitting with a future in-law. @Daraius and @Zitto, everything about this was phenomenal storytelling and so much fun besides (even when I was clutching my heart over making Daraius sad).

Arranging a meeting: An Exchange of Letters
In the first letter, Lief's tone is as it always is, long before she felt comfortable entering into an official courtship. In the second, by the time she has received Daraius's origami and letter for an answer, she cannot afford to mess up a single word.

Before meeting with Daraius: Gift Planning
A cutesy little log where Lief puts together a gift for Daraius ahead of a possible meeting and asks Zitto's help with selecting tea cups.

In the Teahouse: Matters of Family
No spoilers, but it has been said that Zitto's entire character concept is based around disappointing Daraius.

Earnestly, Daraius Shevat says, "Well, I am grateful to have heard your tale. It always delights me to hear of harmony blossoming between two individuals, particularly when one is a Shevat."

You think to yourself: Even when he was telling me he was comfortable talking to me, but did not feel quite ready to share overly much with Elexia?

You think to yourself: All of those compliments early on...

You have emoted: Lief's sip from her tea cup is a long one, her color not fading for quite some time. Eventually, however, she lowers the drink back to her place before a simple tea table of beryl-hued cedar and smiles at Daraius. "I am truly honored to stand by Zitto's side."

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Baring his teeth in a genteel smile as his tail thumps happily behind him, Daraius Shevat says to you, "Mm, very good. I will be quite happy to count you among our number."

Daraius sips contentedly at an immaculate porcelain tea cup, still rumbling with a pleasant growl.

You have emoted: Lief's gray eyes flit sidelong to Zitto, their surfaces clear and bright in their natural gray.

Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
~
A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
~
Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."

Comments

• Daraius said:
    This was super fun. Thankfully, rumors of Zitto's defection reached me ahead of time so I was prepared for the plot twist. No granddogs were harmed in the making of this log.

Can't help but wonder if things might have gone differently if Dar had replied to the letter sooner.
    Lief's first letter was sparked by "Zitto keeps saying he is a disappointment to his grandfather, but I've met Daraius! Surely he is exaggerating."

I'm glad you had a heads up. That degree of disappointment was delicious.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Listen if you want to gossip about his romantic history, Daraius is well acquainted with it...  >:)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Why would you hurt me like this. I didn't come to see sad dogs :C
    Tears flow freely from your eyes as Viravain, Lady of the Thorns appoints you to Weaver of the Web.
    Thread by thread, the Web of your Lady weaves through your mind, and you know in your heart that it flows through you, too. You stand now as a Weaver -- a vessel of Her story.
    The ferocity of Her pleasure consumes you, igniting your very core. She whispers, only to you, "Weave My Webs well, My Aleyah," and a vision of the Shee-Slaugh Court wearing wreaths of black roses blossoms across your mind's eye.