Simple Ideas

Comments

• Ghibli said:
    I know it's really easy to figure out what org someone is in (the character API comes to mind as the most straight forward) but there isn't a really straightforward mechanism in the game to do this (that I know of - so I'm sorry if I'm missing it). Since the info is already easily accessible, could it just be added to the game in a more obvious manner that doesn't require scripting? Either on the WHO list, a separate ORGWHO list (or something like that), on the HONOURS output, or maybe a new GMCP event that spits out the same data as the characters API that is emitted when you HONOURS someone (though this last one would still require scripting)?
    Yeah, it seems like anything available through the API should be available on honors, in a way that bypasses Laurels. Maybe something as simple as an in-game WHOIS command that pulls the same information as what's populated in JSON into a cute little ASCII table.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Silvanos said:
    Hello! I had an idea for a small quest!

(In Tolborolla, perhaps?)

A way to get a (small amount of) honey.

A NPC has a beehive! And it has smokers around it! But they can't get to the smokers for (some reason), so they need you, the adventurer, to reach them! You need to turn all of them on, so the NPC can go get a jar of honey (for you and them, I guess)

I was thinking of it as a 'lights out' puzzle in which you are trying to get all the smokers to go on at the same time and naturally, they keep turning off when you turn others on, etc.

The smokers would turn back off (reset) after so much time.

Everyone always wants honey, so this is my contribution to the 'we need honey' ideas.

going to quickly ask whether you mean 'honey' or 'honecomb'?
  • @Luce I think it's honeycomb that everyone is so much wanting, but basically the answer is "What honey comm is everyone trying to get more of? It's that one."
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• Could the guild tasks commands have a variation where you can see what tasks a target player is eligible for?
    And maybe one which only shows active tasks if you can see all of them?
  • Could we have a CREDITLOG for each character that shows every time our credits fluctuate? For instance, it might show our dailycredits or when we buy artifacts, or convert credits to lessons, or transfer credits.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • What if you only got the "You immediately spot the flaws in this illusion" line while your masochistic tendencies were in remission, so illusionists could play around without their audience having to ignore the line?
  • edited August 2020
    Another guild tasks thing.
    Could there be a way to make tasks required for a promotion from a specific rank?

Like GUILD POINTS THRESHOLD REQUIRED <rank> <list of tasks> and the game won't say you can be promoted/let you be promoted from that rank unless you have all the listed tasks completed?

Players can like implement it themselves right now, but explaining "well, no sorry, you still need to do these tasks" is kinda meh when the game keeps insisting to the player that they should be promoted

edit: added some clarity.
  • edited August 2020
    <edit> nevermind I read that wrong

• Could recogniselog possibly show recognitions we've given out to others? Or have some other syntax to see those?
  • edited September 2020
    HELP COMMODITYQUESTS could have a brief outline of each commodity quest.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited September 2020
    This is probably a Not Simple Idea, but I've been thinking lately about optimizing the use of space in CWHO again. Currently there's a lot of wasted space, as though to fit some exorbitantly long rank names...but the more important ones (appointed ranks) are cut off to the point where it's largely not even worth having them there.

Shown below is the current readout, with all of the glorious, chonky voidspace.

Second shows all of the same information, but with the space removed and the Position column widened.

Third shows a chonky space still in reserve for potentially long titles (though it's definitely wasted in Gaudiguch's case, I'm not sure about others'), a still-widened Position column, and the OffP column just left blank or filled with an asterisk. An explanation of this could be tacked onto the bottom readout (* denotes someone off-plane, or something).

Another option would be to sub the CT portion with the same asterisk instead - * denotes someone not listening to CT, otherwise it's left blank. I don't need or want to know that 99.9% of the time, someone is listening to CT.

I have similar feelings towards the GWHO readout as well. The Path field is HUUUUUUGE, which is definitely a benefit to some guilds, but the Position column is, again, painfully short. I know some guilds really indulge in ridiculously long titles for one or both options, so this is less worth the investment across the board. But I'd be really, REALLY happy if CWHO could be spruced up.

I'd like to thank the following shenanigans for getting me back on this soapbox:

(no idea why this one is crazy compressed, I apologize)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • As a clarifying point, OffP is OffPlane and tells you when someone is on a different plane than you. It doesn't tell you how many planes away (unless they are in a manse, then they don't show up at all), it could be 1 or it could be 5.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ayisdra said:
    As a clarifying point, OffP is OffPlane and tells you when someone is on a different plane than you. It doesn't tell you how many planes away (unless they are in a manse, then they don't show up at all), it could be 1 or it could be 5.
    Good to know! I tend to ignore it since I can hear everyone most of the time.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Gaudi Steward exposed for ignoring city aether. Constituents riot.
  • I love this and need one in my den immediately.
  • edited September 2020
    Remove the enforced delay on using consecutive PATH commands. As a Nexus user, it makes me feel really disadvantaged compared to Mudlet users with their Scentgos that work through Mudlet Mapper.

EDIT: If this would be prone to causing lag, I think it'd be neat to at least allow a second PATH command before the delay so that we can search for a room name, then PATH TRACK to its number immediately.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Naevari said:
    Remove the enforced delay on using consecutive PATH commands. As a Nexus user, it makes me feel really disadvantaged compared to Mudlet users with their Scentgos that work through Mudlet Mapper.

EDIT: If this would be prone to causing lag, I think it'd be neat to at least allow a second PATH command before the delay so that we can search for a room name, then PATH TRACK to its number immediately.

Though second this, what I end up constantly having is something like this:

> path track celest
    > path track celestoven

as celestoven is only available while in celest. Just one of the examples where it would be lovely if we could chain path tracks or at least could do more then one at a time.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • being able to path to the seal caves outside of the mountain/plex would also be great!