Dearest Darlingest Mom

Aleyah prays to @Viravain a lot. I mean.

lot.

Here are where I’ll send her prayers (and random conversations had with the sky)

======[ April 23rd]======
The Fulcrux of Viravain.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Cheerfully, you say, "Hello, my most beautiful Lady!"

You say, "Did You know? Your forest is really busy lately! It's so nice to see so many people at home. And so many people finding home!"

You say, "I still need to get together with Spinner Afollia to discuss what she's planning for the festival. I know she's written a song for You, but I'm not much sure beyond that."

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

You say, "I wonder what You know of politics. Did You hear, did You hear? About what Gaudiguch has done?"
Exasperatedly, you say, "Again, even!"

You purse your lips, deep in thought.

You say, "...Do those sorts of things trouble You like they do us? I suppose over such a long lifetime, the shifting nature of Politics doesn't really... mean anything. There will always be Glomdoring, after all, and what really matters outside it? Except priority targets."

You frown and say, "Still! It was very upsetting for us! They snatched up Stewartsville under pretense of alliance, and then a mere month or two later dropped the Alliance completely."

You say, "At least we have a village again."

You say, "Most upsetting to me, I think, was the election they had. Their Not-Dark-Regent, whatever they call that, it's all changed... their Big City Person, she's kept so many things away from the people she supposedly governs and made so many decisions over their head lately that a bunch of people challenged her to no longer be the Big City Person."

You say, "It was quite exciting, that! Gaudiguchians, they've been telling us this is all her decision and doesn't reflect on her wishes -- but then she won the election anyway, so clearly they don't care that much."

Thoughtfully, you say, "Hallifax doesn't seem to really care about anything, but I'm going to try and talk to them anyway. I think maybe six people live there, but this is the second time Gaudiguch has made an embarrassment of themselves, so I'd much rather try with the Collective. The city of fire is far too individual, anyway, they serve better at being overgrown and Wyrden by force, at least I think."

Brightly, you say, "Lots of corpses make for the prettiest roses, right?"

You smile broadly and say, "And Gaudiguch has lots and lots of bodies."

You say, "Oh, but it would be lovely if some of them left. Defected, You know? Came home, to the Glomdoring. A few did - at least one did, and I think we're working on ensnaring more."

With a bright smile, you say, "I look forward to bringing You good news about that! I love You, and I miss Your voice, and I hope that keeping You up to date on Your Glomdoring pleases You."

Fondly and wistfully, you say, "I do hope that Your endeavors are fruitful, my Dearest Lady, and I look forward to whatever future You imagine for Your Glomdoring."

Brightly, you say, "I love You! I'll come by again soon."

You step into a mirror, briefly passing through a wall of shadows.

======[ July 10 ]======

The Fulcrux of Viravain.

You say, "Hello, O Majestic, Unknowable Mother of the Murder! You, Who Makes The Roses Grow, Whose Eyes See Every Last Corner Of The Web, Dearest And Most Beloved Lady Spider! How are You?"

You have emoted: Beaming, Aleyah takes to the air with a few beats of her wings, settling in a hover above a garden of ebon roses. "I haven't had the time to come talk to You since I promised to make Your circlet! I've put it through Your cartels now, and I really hope You like it, Dearest Mother! I made it as perfect as I could think to do."

You say, "It was really wonderful to see You at the Master, though! Has the Commune's efforts to nurture the Glomdoring been to Your liking? We've had a lot of new faces, which is wonderful! I always get so happy when someone new comes home, when they see how much Beauty you've given us."

You say, "You're so generous, letting us live in Your Glomdoring, Thank You Dearest Mother."

Smiling broadly, you say, "I've some wonderful personal news, too! I got married again, Dearest Mother! I was silly to have gotten divorced, really... But it's nice to be married again. I was always at my most creative when Nerry was around."

You say, "I'll let You know when Your circlet comes through, if You like? It would mean so much to me to be able to give You the first one ever made."

Warmly, you say, "Nothing matters more to me, than the Glomdoring. I gladly give You everything I am to help it grow. I love You so much, Dearest Mother Viravain. I hope I can help to make You happy with us."

You say, "Be well, okay?"

======[ July 13th ]======

I prayed to Vira earlier today on the work computer that her circlet was done.

Like spiders weaving a web, the voice of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns crawls across your mind, "Indeed, My little spider."

Harmony echoes in your mind as you sing to Viravain, Lady of the Thorns, "I was just coming to Your Fulcrux with Your Gift!"

You step into a mirror and briefly pass through a swarm of spiders.
The Fulcrux of Viravain.

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Mmmm. Thank you, My spider."

You beam broadly.

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Tell Me -- what inspired this?"

You say, "You asked me to, last we spoke! And I sat down, and I thought of all the things that remind me of You, and I tried to make it as beautiful as I possibly could."

You smile and say, "Spiders and webs, roses and thorns."

You smile and say, "Crow feathers, and shadows clinging to them like a lover."

You have emoted: Running a thumb over the surface of a thorned circlet of rose and web, Aleyah murmurs, "And the constant, nervous threat of blood."

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Quite so. Who shall wear such a lovely thing?"

You smile and say, "I would like to gift the first of them to You, my Lady! And would be honoured if the circlets would go to those that You favour, in Your garden and Your Glomdoring."

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Mmm. Your gift pleases Me, child."

Bursting with excitement, you let out a little chirp of glee as your wings start to cycle rapidly through the primary colours.

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Alas, My focus is distorted by the screeching of the chaos city. How absolutely perturbing, the way they mimic banshees."

You purse your lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as you carefully gather your thoughts.
You frown and say, "It's very loud, and very... bright. It hurts my eyes."

A low, disarming voice that creeps through the air like crawling spiders says, "Quite so."

A whirlpool of incorporeal shadows fills the area with an unnatural darkness, revealing the ghostly figure of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns at their centre as the umbral filaments dissipate.

You kneel before Viravain, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Viravain reaches out to tenderly cup your cheek in Her hand.

You smile softly at Viravain.

Presenting her gift reverently, from where she kneels, you give a thorned circlet of rose and web to Viravain, Lady of the Thorns.

Viravain holds the circlet lightly in both of Her small hands, Her wide eyes narrowed in thought. Slowly, She smiles, and then nods. "Nearly as beautiful as I."

You have emoted: Aleyah rises slowly, a grateful smile painted across her face. She bows her head before Viravain, voice warm. "I did my very best to make something worthy of everything that You mean to me."

[Mysrai shout]

Viravain tilts Her gaze skyward for a moment, Her pensiveness dashed.

You tilt your head curiously.

Viravain waves a dismissive hand. "Pay them no mind, My spider." She purses Her lips briefly before twisting them into a wide smile. "Do show My Garden this creation."

You smile and say, "I will, My Most Revered Lady."

Lightly, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "And remember: flies get stuck in webs of deceit."

You nod your head emphatically.

In a near whisper, Viravain, Lady of the Thorns says, "Be ever the Spider."

Viravain leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Coiling sinuously about Her petite frame, stygian shadows cloak Viravain in an unnatural darkness and evanesce into the aether, leaving behind only the faintest scent of roses.

You smile and say, "As long as I live."

You sigh contentedly.
You tilt your head back and look up at the sky.

You step into a mirror, briefly passing through a wall of shadows.

======[ July 24]======

And then scattered things with long waits between them:

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray to Viravain, Lady of the Thorns, "Lady Viravain...? Are we, Your Garden, permitted to make selfish requests....? I, I love You, my Lady! There is nothing You could ask of me that I would not try to do, as best as I possibly can, as close to perfect as You are that mortal hands can manage! I've been a good spider, and watched Your guest, and sung songs of praises to fill his mind as he starts to drift towards home! But there is something I.... hope for. I am going to work to become Your Briar Child, and I hope I succeed and that You will love me for it! But You called my cousin Your bumblebee, and that was so cute. I want so much to be something Special to You too, my Lady. Is that okay for me to ask...?"

You feel a light touch upon your cheek, like a delicate hand barely touching your flesh. A soft, effeminate voice whispers, only to you, "Perhaps, little spider. Perhaps."

You perk your ears up as an errant topic catches your interest.

You smile softly.

You have emoted: Aleyah closes her eyes and leans her head into the gentle touch with a quiet, fond sigh.

======[ August 12 ]======

PRAY TO VIRAVAIN:

Dearest and most beloved Lady, Mother to Spiders, Herald of Roses, Wielder of Thorns: he's beautiful, my Lady! Your guest sleeps soundly at Your feet, and I've taken to singing to him again. Songs about worlds and lifetimes changing in the span of time that it takes to doze, about nothing lingering but memories. I was unsure which sort of book You wanted me to make, so I am making two! I will make a thorn-bound Omnibus to be crafted with Your Order as its author, and a rose-scented silken tome for private use among Yours. I am perfecting them, so that they are beautiful enough to be worthy of Your name! They are twin volumes, alike one another, but different enough to mean different things. It has been an honour and a joy to be entrusted with so many tasks by You as of late! Your will is my will, and I will not disappoint You, Lady most dear. I love You very much! Yours, always, Aleyah.

======[ August 13th: some stuff happened. ]======

Near a statue of the Lady of Thorns.
A rowan sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. A simple white ceramic bowl houses a vibrantly orange soup smelling of citrus and sweet fruit here. A platinum eye sigil is here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Filling the space about him with his charismatic presence, Akuuko lingers here.

You tilt your head back and look up at the sky.

You have emoted: Aleyah closes her eyes, and breathes deep.

You think to yourself: .... It stings. Why would they do this?

You think to yourself: I don't understand, my Lady. Did we do something wrong? Did we drive them away? We can't possibly be lacking - I've lived here all my life, even before the Portal, Your forest is perfect, is it.... is it us? Is it me?

You think to yourself: .... How could they lie to us, about something so important....?

You have emoted: Breathing a soft, pained sigh, Aleyah curls up at the feet of the statue, her wings heavy, rubbing her eyes with the palm of a hand.

You think to yourself: I, I know this line of thinking helps no one. I know I need to keep going. But it hurts, and I'm tired.... I can't even imagine my uncle, right now. I'll need to keep an eye on him. I don't want him hurt any more than he has to be.

You think to yourself: I was so angry last month.... now I'm just tired.

You have emoted: Aleyah sniffles quietly, turning a damp gaze upward once more.

You think to yourself: .... They are lucky they answer to You, and not to me. You are so much wiser than I am.... I still have much to learn.

You have emoted: Miserably, Aleyah allows her gaze to fall upon Akuuko, the Rewoven.

You think to yourself: .... But at least we helped someone. I did do that, didn't I?

You think to yourself: Nothing now but patience.... nothing now but to wait. Once more the spider, I suppose.

You have emoted: Aleyah dries her eyes with a quiet hiccup, taking a few steadying breaths to regain her composure.

You think to yourself: My Lady, grant me just a fraction of Your infinite, unparalleled grace.....

You think to yourself: Come what may, Your Glomdoring will grow. Whatever I feel now is just a passing breeze through its trees. My hurt, deep as it is, won't matter in another year. None of this will. Nothing matters but Glomdoring.

You think to yourself: My Lady, bless me that I may approach this change with poise befitting Your Story-Keeper. I love You.
Tears flow freely from your eyes as Viravain, Lady of the Thorns appoints you to Weaver of the Web.
Thread by thread, the Web of your Lady weaves through your mind, and you know in your heart that it flows through you, too. You stand now as a Weaver -- a vessel of Her story.
The ferocity of Her pleasure consumes you, igniting your very core. She whispers, only to you, "Weave My Webs well, My Aleyah," and a vision of the Shee-Slaugh Court wearing wreaths of black roses blossoms across your mind's eye.

Comments

• August 17th:

Two prayers! :D one to Vira and one to @Nocht

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray devoutly to Nocht, the Silent, "Dear Lord Silence, Father of Night and Herald to Shadows. I wish to thank You for Your continued benevolence in watching over my beloved family. I will be contesting my dear Grandpapa for the position of the People's Chancellor, and as I cannot reach him, I thought I ought to reach out, at least, to You. You have stood with us since we were young, and I hope this change and resulting growth among our number pleases You. My brother and his child, and many others bearing our name are Your devoted servants, and I vow to ensure that future Shee-Slaugh know how You honour us with Your patronage, and our inextricable ties to Your daughter, dear Mother Night. I bid You well, and that all Your inscrutable plans lead to fruition."

Kneeling humbly, you press your palms together before you and close your eyes momentarily as you pray devoutly to Viravain, Lady of the Thorns, "Dearest Lady! Mother of Spiders, She for Whom the Rose Blooms, Center of the Web, Of Eternal Grace and Unending Patience; Hi! It's done, my Lady, and so the forest moves on. I am going to be contesting to become the head of the Shee-Slaugh, dear Lady. We have been growing as of late! And our increasing number does not keep up with Grandpapa's attention to see to coronations. There are going to be many family secrets that I do not know, and will need to learn, but I will do my very best to head a proud Wyrden family! I do hope that You smile upon us in Your perfect Grace, and that I make You proud. I just - wanted to tell You. I love You very much! Always Yours, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

===== And Viravain responded =====

The ferocity of Her pleasure consumes you, igniting your very core. She whispers, only to you, "Weave My Webs well, My Aleyah," and a vision of the Shee-Slaugh Court wearing wreaths of black roses blossoms across your mind's eye.
    Tears flow freely from your eyes as Viravain, Lady of the Thorns appoints you to Weaver of the Web.
    Thread by thread, the Web of your Lady weaves through your mind, and you know in your heart that it flows through you, too. You stand now as a Weaver -- a vessel of Her story.
  • Beeeeen a while. Because of reasons. But my goodness, we had a very important prayer to @Viravain today :O

In which Aleyah wakes up to some... distressing news. :c --> https://pastebin.com/H0FB2cer

(Great House Shee-Slaugh): You say, "Nieph! Did we figure out what was wrong? Have we figured out how to fix it? Is Mama happy again?"
    (Great House Shee-Slaugh): Esei says, "I... no."
    (Great House Shee-Slaugh): Esei says, "She is... gone, presently."