Superstitions

Does your character have any superstitions or just general beliefs that help flesh them out? I love hearing about RP, so tell us about them!

Cao optimistically believes that when a thread is cut, Night adds it to her cloak to keep them safe.
"One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."

Comments

• Quoting all of you would be a mess for the forums but you all have such good ones!!
    "One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."
  • Lendren does stick to the theatrical superstitions about wishes of good luck before a show. Sometimes I think about choosing some play to be the analog of "The Scottish Play". She also has the idea that her aethership/sparrow Giallyn can sense if people are secretly malicious and watches how she reacts to people they meet. (It occurs to me she's never actually told that to anyone in game though.)
  • Orv was of the firm belief that Vengeance games was playing too much with time and would lead to disaster and never participated. Hundreds of years later, she comes back, there's timequakes! >.> She's since played her only game in the Game of Bobseses, and was killed off immediately. 

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    Orv was of the firm belief that Vengeance games was playing too much with time and would lead to disaster and never participated. Hundreds of years later, she comes back, there's timequakes! >.> She's since played her only game in the Game of Bobseses, and was killed off immediately. 

...Waaait a minute.
  • Changing or rewriting the past is deeply wrong?
    Like, the goloths event where people from the Nature Wars turned up, there's a lot Saran would do to get rid of the scar but killing the gaudi's and risking altering things was too far so he influenced both sides home from memory. Also came up with was the woodchems release, rationalising why Wisdom Strongleaf did the right thing even though it was "wrong"

Also, pretty much since the Solar Queen Maeve event/Thornroot election seeded the idea, he believes killing/replacing Maeve and/or having some kind of other protection for True Nature that's free from the Wyrd would be what is best for the world.
  • Mboagn subscribes heavily into the belief that Tzaraziko commands Luck!
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Curses! Not, like, those regular karma curses, or the extra spicy god curses, but, like curses. They're everywhere. Stuff just gets broken around me a lot because of the curses, and I keep finding myself standing next to or in front of Angry Gods. Oh, and even my booze hates me some days. So, yeah. Cursed.
  • If Togna doesn't toast people he hasn't met they won't want to be his friend
  • My Magnagoran believes, like many Magnagorans, that the Fates are traitorous creatures who betrayed Magnagora's trust during the events of Project Cosmic Hope. She also doesn't like that Magnagora uses organic bats (however skeletonized) as their method of post, given bats' association with Viravain and thus, the Wyrd. #MechanicalBatsClub
  • Lawrence believes any misfortune or inconvenience is caused by him upsetting a Spirit or Elder. No real reason for his logic but it makes him highly neurotic around Elders
  • Eve said:
    chocolate = plague.  
    But that was true for the longest time
  • Sometimes I imagine Xiran's begging stories out a fae knight, and then they end their tale with something tangible from it, ex. left over sigils or herbs from some combat that took place. A body part if they're being snarky. Or sometimes something completely non-sequitur.

A fae knight says, "Oh alright alright, why don't you take this."
    A fae knight pulls a hidden pouch out from underneath his armour and hands you an amber charm.
    He gives a darkly iridescent chaos robe to you.

You blink.

This chaotic robe is tailored from layers of heavy cloth and has been cut in a violent fashion along the hems, leaving the edges torn and slashed. It appears to be dyed black, but closer inspection reveals many strands of dark gossamer threads interwoven along the robe. From misty greens and eerie purples to bloody reds, the detail is almost too precise to be haphazard. Painstakingly concealed from the exterior, hidden pockets have been sewn within the robe, ready to hold numerous belongings. An onyx clasp reminiscent of the Seal of Chaos secures a deep-cowled hood in place, which can also be worn over the head creating a very menacing appearance.
    It has 29 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs about 3 pounds and 0 ounce(s).
    It has a trade valuation of worthless.
    It has a warmth factor of 6.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Caliph Eritheyl Ryseni, of Rapturous Revelation.

Caressing your ear, the voice of Eritheyl whispers, "I have a great concern for one of my customers. How bizarre."

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST