Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Almost every single character I've ever rolled started out as an extra in the Great Lusternian show. Many don't make it, because they just don't catch on or give me any interest.

Generally what I'll do is make them, chat with people a bit, see where I fit in, invest some credits in them. After a while, I  stop playing them for a week or two. If I actually realise I have a desire to log back in as that character, I log back in and invest more into them, both time and money. This is where they start to develop personalities, likes/dislikes, and actual roleplay. They've graduated from being extras into being side characters. They might pick up a guild position, join an order, maybe a family.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Everiine was not intended to become a main character, and I never intended him to take on any leadership roles. In fact, I fully anticipated only playing a few hours on the weekends and keeping to myself.

Ha.

I've made other characters, and most were intended to be as non-descript and background as possible.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • lets not talk about the Kongregate era
  • edited September 2020
    I've never really given any thought to main character vs supporting on either Keth or any alt I've created. My characters are only as ambitious as I am. I'm not sure how anyone could define the difference anyway - If a non-serious or boring(to the player) character is sudden given the key to defeating Kethuru, well then I guess they were the main character all along. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • When Nyla married Sobran, Viravain presided over the ceremony and ripped Nyla’s heart from his chest to celebrate the union. I used to ask for it back but now Nyla is convinced its the most precious and beautiful thing Viravain owns and asking Her to part with it would be too much to ask of Her. 
  • Dear people who raid and people who get raided;

We all get angry, I get it. Please don't use it as an excuse to steal from people. Not gold, not equipment. It's not cool and I don't want Lusternia to turn into That Place.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Parhelion said:
    Dear people who raid and people who get raided;

We all get angry, I get it. Please don't use it as an excuse to steal from people. Not gold, not equipment. It's not cool and I don't want Lusternia to turn into That Place.
    I didn't even know that was still possible? I remember them talking about it but dunno how people would steal these days.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited September 2020
    Since whatever may have happened was apparently scrolled off the buffer, we can't really be sure if that's actually what happened or not. I'm willing to give the playerbase the benefit of the doubt on this.

There may be been some user error, or spending that was forgotten, or a number of non-theft things.
  • Uzriel said:
    Since whatever may have happened was apparently scrolled off the buffer, we can't really be sure if that's actually what happened or not. I'm willing to give the playerbase the benefit of the doubt on this.

There may be been some user error, or spending that was forgotten, or a number of non-theft things.
    This was my assumption, too. I don't think anyone would have had the time or forethought to do it.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I can tell you that I didn't accidentally spend that sum of gold, but I'm not angry about it. It's just gold.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited September 2020
    Eritheyl said:
    I can tell you that I didn't accidentally spend that sum of gold, but I'm not angry about it. It's just gold.
    I got u
  • it's more reason to squish worms
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• Eritheyl said:
    I've accidentally spent that much gold.

It turns out that Ixion thinks "cfs" shouldn't be "credits for sale", but that you should cut out the middle-man and just alias it to "credits buy 1000 at 16000" or something like that. It was a bit of a shock!
  • That was a while ago, who pays over 14-15k now  :D
  • Eritheyl said:
    It's unfortunate if you lost a large sum of gold unexpectedly. But making an accusation as divisive and emotionally charged as theft when you have no evidence who or how or even whether it happened at all is still not a nice thing to do. 
  • I've got beef with Gaudiguch LAME STREAM media, check out the Skinder News! Coming to a library near you!
  • Togna said:
    I've got beef with Gaudiguch LAME STREAM media, check out the Skinder News! Coming to a library near you!
    Some people just can't handle the truth.
  • How far down the rabbit hole have I fallen?

Today while at work I logged in on my phone just to write a letter to an npc to give them advice on materials for  clothing.

#nocontext

• Sounds like standard protocol for the fashion division in the Time Cops.
  • Isn't Maylea also Zvoltz's sibling?
    But whatever, dream logic.
    Maybe you could Idea that guy as a new divine. WHo knows, maybe someone wlil like the idea....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Isn't Maylea also Zvoltz's sibling?
    Maybe you could Idea that guy as a new divine. WHo knows, maybe someone wlil like the idea....
    Maylea is not Zvoltz's sibling! :)
  • Well, the dream was weird. I dreamed that I logged in, and hit QW, and there's just my name and this Nehm, but his name was...for lack of a better word, blackish purple with sparks in the QW list, like some sort of emoticon-style word.  Like it was all balloony/3Dish in the QW list.

• Tylwyth said:
    You're probably thinking of Mysrai.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Maylea said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Maylea is not Zvoltz's sibling! :)
    Tridemon said:
    Tylwyth said:
    You're probably thinking of Mysrai.
    OH ok....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• The Holy Mackerel would make a good name for an absurdly large aethership. This concludes today's non-sequitur.