Simple questions?

Comments

•  :'( 
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • Ooh! I had no idea either. My comment was referring to the purple chickens that can be bought to wander manses. 
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Since the Basin's gotten huge and Xiran hasn't explored enough:

Is there a cultural basis for ink brushes (either for ink washes or calligraphy) to exist? How about technological basis for more modern brush pen (with an ink cartridge instead of having to dip)?
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Xiran said:
    Since the Basin's gotten huge and Xiran hasn't explored enough:

Is there a cultural basis for ink brushes (either for ink washes or calligraphy) to exist? How about technological basis for more modern brush pen (with an ink cartridge instead of having to dip)?
    There is a fountain pen gnome weapon!
  • Sapphira said:
    Xiran said:
    Since the Basin's gotten huge and Xiran hasn't explored enough:

There is a fountain pen gnome weapon!

I have that, it's amusing to use. I always imagine Zel squirting ink in the eyes of mobs (even when they don't have any)
  • edited September 2020
    Regarding GMCP, is login the only way to generate Char.Status? I want a way to tell what level I am, but QSC output seems to be the only way to do it. QSC, SCORE, and STAT give me nadda.

• I'm fairly sure you should receive regular updates to char.status without having to poke at it or do anything extra. 
  • Kali said:
    I'm fairly sure you should receive regular updates to char.status without having to poke at it or do anything extra. 
    How can I FORCE the server to send it, then? I haven't found a way, except through logging in.
  • It should send it when one of the variables held in it updates, like gold (held, in bank), race, etc - I would store the information received clientside for reference when needed, and just update the stuff whenever you get a new gmcp.Char.Status thingie sent by the game.
  • edited September 2020
    Kali said:
    It should send it when one of the variables held in it updates, like gold (held, in bank), race, etc - I would store the information received clientside for reference when needed, and just update the stuff whenever you get a new gmcp.Char.Status thingie sent by the game.
    That isn't convenient. Now the issue makes sense. The problem is, if my script crashes, or I code something new and have to reload my script, that table gets blanked; I have to relog just to get Char.Status again.

Thank you.
  • Klaxon said:
    That isn't convenient. Now the issue makes sense. The problem is, if my script crashes, or I code something new and have to reload my script, that table gets blanked; I have to relog just to get Char.Status again.

Thank you.

Alternatively, you could use the https://www.lusternia.com/api/characters/klaxon.json API to do this on certain events -- for example, I use this whenever I HONOURS anyone to output additional data about them.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Klaxon said:
    Kali said:
    It should send it when one of the variables held in it updates, like gold (held, in bank), race, etc - I would store the information received clientside for reference when needed, and just update the stuff whenever you get a new gmcp.Char.Status thingie sent by the game.

Thank you.

Much easier then that, just drop a single sovereign and pick it back up. It'll force a gmcp.Char.Status update.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited September 2020
    Aeldra said:
    Much easier then that, just drop a single sovereign and pick it back up. It'll force a gmcp.Char.Status update.
    Char.Status { "gold": "3167" }
    Char.Items.Add { "location": "room", "item": { "id": "409708", "name": "a few golden sovereigns", "icon": "coin", "attrib": "t" } }

Char.Items.Remove { "location": "room", "item": { "id": "409708", "name": "a few golden sovereigns", "icon": "coin", "attrib": "t" } }
    Char.Status { "gold": "3168" }
    Doesn't give you the full readout, just your gold.
  • edited September 2020
    Is it worthwhile to bookbind a magic tome if I'm planning to keep Bookbinding mostly dormant?
  • Naevari said:
    Is it worthwhile to bookbind a magic tome if I'm planning to keep Bookbinding mostly dormant?

You should be able to still use the magic tome for scroll usage. With Bookbinding dormant, I don't believe you get the auto-charging from hits (so probably would need to make sure you charge it up before making Bookbinding dormant)
  • edited September 2020
    Are lines for defences being stripped hidden by Blackout and/or Blindness?

EDIT: Redacted my second question. I'll note here for future reference that, after testing, as a Shofangi with Acrobatics, all of my defences EXCEPT for the Acrobatics ones can be stripped with Invoke Spring.
  • Naevari said:
    Are lines for defences being stripped hidden by Blackout and/or Blindness?

EDIT: Redacted my second question. I'll note here for future reference that, after testing, as a Shofangi with Acrobatics, all of my defences EXCEPT for the Acrobatics ones can be stripped with Invoke Spring.
    Yeah, you'll want to watch out for that as well as Needlerain.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • Can a Rune of Gripping be attached to a shield?

And yes, I have already heard of a Rune of Shielding, now back to the question I actually asked....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Can a Rune of Gripping be attached to a shield?

And yes, I have already heard of a Rune of Shielding, now back to the question I actually asked....
    I can't say 100% for sure, but I don't think so.
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • How does the % bonus for the artifact Shells work?
    You put the powerstones in it and they go away. Does it pull that much extra power for each one?
    ANd does this work on powerplex Jewels too?

• Tylwyth said:
    How does the % bonus for the artifact Shells work?
    You put the powerstones in it and they go away. Does it pull that much extra power for each one?
    ANd does this work on powerplex Jewels too?
    Yes to all of the above.

A rare acquisition, this immense and pristine shell began life on the back of a giant land tortoise, its every ridged scute boasting soft yellow starburst patterns. Refined and varnished to a glistening shine, the carapace's enhancements do not end there with additional fortifications of titanium outlining every segment and edge. Secured to the back with steel screws, thirty-five crystalline cavities offer a snug and precise fit for an equal number of powerstones to lock into place. Durable diamond tubes and sleek metal joints flow from each crystal chamber routing the energies into the wearer in a streamlined, efficient network. The potency of the mechanised augmentations allows the wearer to be a supreme commander of the power shell.
    It weighs about 22 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph.
    The powerpack is at 6682/7000 charges.
    A mechanised shell of commanding power is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: shell, power, powershell.
    11800h, 10300m, 12300e, 10p Bexkb-p powerstone
    The powerstone is a perfect sphere, smooth and hard as a diamond. Colours swirl about upon its surface in an exotic patina of hues and shades. Vibrating with an inner energy, the powerstone holds an inner power all its own.
    It has 4 months of usefulness left.
    It weighs 4 ounce(s).
    The powerstone is at 100% efficiency.
    It has the following aliases: powerstone, stone, gem.
    11800h, 10300m, 12300e, 10p Bexkb-put powerstone in shell
    A mechanised shell of commanding power makes a slight churning noise as you insert a glowing powerstone, small clunks and zaps audible before it ejects a large cloud of ash and smoke.
    11800h, 10300m, 12300e, 10p Bexkb-p shell
    A rare acquisition, this immense and pristine shell began life on the back of a giant land tortoise, its every ridged scute boasting soft yellow starburst patterns. Refined and varnished to a glistening shine, the carapace's enhancements do not end there with additional fortifications of titanium outlining every segment and edge. Secured to the back with steel screws, thirty-five crystalline cavities offer a snug and precise fit for an equal number of powerstones to lock into place. Durable diamond tubes and sleek metal joints flow from each crystal chamber routing the energies into the wearer in a streamlined, efficient network. The potency of the mechanised augmentations allows the wearer to be a supreme commander of the power shell.
    It weighs about 22 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Chairwoman Alexandria Shevat, the Effervescent Sylph.
    The powerpack is at 6912/7000 charges.
    A mechanised shell of commanding power is holding:
    Nothing.
    It has the following aliases: shell, power, powershell.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Hu, I just wanted to check here, are there any runes I can put on a shield? 
    I was looking as customization, and just wanted to double check before I requested non-decay or resetting for one.

• Tylwyth said:
    Hu, I just wanted to check here, are there any runes I can put on a shield? 
    I was looking as customization, and just wanted to double check before I requested non-decay or resetting for one.

If shields count as armor, then you can put damage buff and resistance runes on them. Of course, this means you would have be always be wielding your shield if you wanted those runes to be effective which might not be case if you classflex or have other items that require wielding.
  • edited October 2020
    Do the tokens from the Czigany Wayfaire disappear after a while? I got about 10, then I was going to figure how to redeem them and poof they were not in my inventory.

Thanks
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Nievea said:
    Do the tokens from the Czigany Wayfaire disappear after a while? I got about 10, then I was going to figure how to redeem them and poof they were not in my inventory.

Thanks

They're your usual quest item, I think, and thus have a reset timer and will eventually poof, yes.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Does anyone have a list of the 'kill' message from the gnome weapons? (Not the attack messages, the special one you get when you land the killing blow!)
  • @Misericorde I have the pen. 
    The final moments of a (whatever) have been written by a mechanical pen.
    Speaking of gnomeweapons, is there a number of gear boxes at which it becomes better to have a gnome weapon as opposed to a whip or wand? Or do you have to buy all 9 boxes to make it better than those?
  • I think I waited till I have like five before I started using it instead of my cudgel. The wands damage depends on the crystals it has a think. 

• A 2-gearbox gnomie will start outpacing whip, I've been told.

Meanwhile, a full wonderwand will always have a small edge over gnomie. However, the fact that gnomies are divided into 9 shots while wonderwand is one big shot has pros and cons that I don't fully comprehend.

Plus the fact that goop (gnomeweapons) are much much much cheaper than wondercrystals (wand)...
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)