Public Service Announcement

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited October 2020
    I'll post it publically as well. As I messaged him, I did appreciate him and am sad to see him go. Generally sad when people feel  pressurized to leave, but twice so if it is people I did appreciate a lot. Hope you find happiness wherever you go. You'll be missed at least by me.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I am sorry to hear this. I haven't had a lot to do with parhelion on Kaga, but I have interacted with some of your alts and you have been lovely to RP with. You have been a positive influence on Lusternia and will be missed. I hope that wherever you choose to "settle" next, you will enjoy yourself.

To those of you acting as he mentioned in his post, as Orael said in another thread, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. We are not in a good state at the moment - we need every player we can get to keep Lusternia alive, meanwhile even long-time players are being driven away by toxicity and petty vendettas from a section of our player base that honestly should know better.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:

To those of you acting as he mentioned in his post, as Orael said in another thread, you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. We are not in a good state at the moment - we need every player we can get to keep Lusternia alive, meanwhile even long-time players are being driven away by toxicity and petty vendettas from a section of our player base that honestly should know better.

I don't normally come to the forums - the only OOC interaction I have with anyone is in one or two clans. I'm completely going to agree with this.

@Parhelion I'm really sorry that you're having a rough time and I'm not gonna talk you out of doing something that appears to be the best for you. I sincerely wish you the best wherever you go. <3 I also just wanna thank you for making my interactions with Lusternia the best experience I've had with the game in a long time. I really, really hope that things get better.
  • QuixoteQuixote Manchester, UK
    edited October 2020
    Don't do it, bud. There are a lot of people who would be sad to see you take this course of action.

There are many who love you and the fun you bring. Please think twice!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The butt-hurt Ascension folx are getting their wish. I hope it's worth it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Uh, I did read it...

"Ever since Ascension, my time here in Lusternia has been utter shit"

"Ascension put a big target on my back that has never worn away"

"People have quit the game since Ascension, good people that I considered friends. People have come back to Lusternia and went out of their way to attack me, or generally be an ass because Zagreus was given ascendancy as well"

"People go out of their way, beyond basic conflict, and I'm tired of people taking their angst out of me."

I read that all of the fallout and bitterness around Ascension motivated other players to single him out for IC and OOC punishment, to the point that it drove him away from the game.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2020
    So you cherry-picked a few snippets- some of which even undermine you. For example, "People have come back to Lusternia and went out of their way to attack me, or generally be an ass because Zagreus was given ascendancy as well" - the people who came back to behave this way have generally been (editing this to be a little less fingerpointery) the ones who felt empowered by the admin decision and have behaved very over-aggressively ever since.  And you ignore all the bits about literally being attacked, targeted first, murdered beyond what is reasonable, etc. etc to drive your own preferential narrative.
    Let me reiterate.  You are contributing to the problem in this game, and hijacking his thread to blame the people who are similarly feeling just like him is a pretty bad look.
    You win.