System in progress - input wanted!

Hello! I wanted to post here about a Mudlet system that I and a few other people are slowly working on, called outpost. It's still in early stages of development and is likely going to be more serenwilde focused, but if time allows it may see wider release.

Right now I'm just wondering what kind of features people would like to see in a system (On the roadmap we currently have defense management, aff tracking, clientside queueing, and an integrated GUI, as well as other little bits and bobs.)

Comments

• Bright, easily configurable highlights.

Wound tracking on targets is always nice.

Defense management that detects your active class, and understand when you can't put up certain defenses (Moon, Night, Vitality if you are missing small amounts of health, that sort of thing)

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • edited October 2020
    Here's my little post to hopefully help ♥

I would suggest a built in basher & look into gags for group combat....nobody wants to see a buff for 10+ people triggering over on loop (maybe i'm wrong).

You'll want to consider aliases for the following things:
    -List of built in aliases
    -Update History (if more then one release)
    -Quick "How to use" for newbies of Mudlet -- Pulls up a series of notifications that someone can read --
    -Travel & non-combat things
    -Tradeskills & Shopkeeping
    -Configuration (map config, color config, etc.)

For GMCP I didn't see it mentioned but you should write it so that - look command - pulls up a list of all players in the room your standing in after description.
    ...and a way to disable that if it's not wanted by the person using the UI (Like turning off triggers in Nexus)

For highlights a few suggestions:

-Time
    -Environment
    -Org ambient themed colors
    -Hunting kill colors & etc.
    -Reminderss for skills & commands  ( Totems: Skunk spirit for example)

Highlights are really my favorite parts about making a system, you really have a chance to make the world come alive in amazing ways.
  • Name database functionality is something I miss most.
  • QuixoteQuixote Manchester, UK
    edited October 2020
    While the system is still at a very early stage, we are welcoming people into the clan and Discord server for general chat, feature discussion/request, words of encouragement, etc. Feel free to join and give the invite out.

Discord: https://discord.gg/mZrcbkN
    For the in-game clan, contact either Llani, Lysandus or myself.

Alternatively, if you'd just like access to the code or to follow/star the project: https://github.com/SynecticLabs/Outpost

Thanks!
    Enya said:
    Name database functionality is something I miss most.
    Already a part of the system ;)
    edited October 2020
    Afollia said:

For GMCP I didn't see it mentioned but you should write it so that - look command - pulls up a list of all players in the room your standing in after description.
    ...and a way to disable that if it's not wanted by the person using the UI (Like turning off triggers in Nexus)

We're already tracking players via gmcp.Room.Players which are displayed within the interface element for local area info, so can add this very easily. (Which has been added to my current Todo list!) 

Thanks. Keep the ideas coming!
    edited October 2020
    Just to update, I'll be making an mpackage available within the next few days for people to test the capability of the system. It has passed all tests so far, although functionality is currently extremely limited (API only). 

The package will be available from the Github repository. I'll post a direct link in due course.

The project itself, if you are unfamiliar with it, can be found here: https://github.com/SynecticLabs/Outpost
    Afollia said:

For highlights a few suggestions:

-Time
    -Environment
    -Org ambient themed colors
    -Hunting kill colors & etc.
    -Reminderss for skills & commands  (Totems: Skunk spirit for example)

In progress. Nearing completion!
    Enya said:
    Name database functionality is something I miss most.
    Thanks to @Vadi, we're able to ship Outpost with the namedb functions and aliases everybody is familiar with. Should make for a nice easy transition!
    Help requested!

https://github.com/SynecticLabs/Outpost/issues/2

Please consider helping the project. The aim here is to get as many people involved in combat as possible, right across the board.
    Now that we have multiple collaborators, we've moved the master branch over to a Github organisation. All this essentially means is that we're more able to allow for people to contribute should they so desire.

The new repository can be found here: https://github.com/Outpost-System/Outpost

Please update your bookmarks and do not forget to star and follow if you like the project! :smile:

Thanks.