Simple questions?

Comments

• Here's the gloves one 
    A plump wild rabbit has been shot down by a pair of weathered deerskin gloves.
    @Mboagn as far as I understand it it's because with gnomeweapons you're doing up to 10 hits in one.
    Same as with monk forms, you're rolling for crits each hit so, even if the initial damage is slightly less, the more boxes you have the more likely it is you'll crit every single time which then pushes the damage above wands. On top of that if you're bashing things with the same alias (i.e astralbeast) and it only takes 3/10 hits from your weapon to kill, the 7/10 remaining hits go to the next target where for a wand all that extra damage is wasted. (outside damage shift with criticals which happens on both)

Wands do mean you can tune to whatever damage is going to be most effective but from what I've been told divinus is generally all you need? It does come with other benefits but YMMV on those.
  • Does anyone have a list of the 'kill' message from the gnome weapons? (Not the attack messages, the special one you get when you land the killing blow!)
    A deepstone rockeater has been killed by the laser death stare of a mechanical dog.

(you won't find a better kill message on another gnome weapon)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    having both a gnome weapon and a wonderwand, I must actuallly say that I can not see the wand being anywhere near better. It may be that there is some advantage I am missing (aside of the rare moments  something is very highly divinus resistant ). The 9 seperately critable damages from the gnome weapon seem for me to outpace the wand quite easily in my personal tests, especially as they can over. Would not recommend getting the wand solely for bashing purposes right now.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    having both a gnome weapon and a wonderwand, I must actuallly say that I can not see the wand being anywhere near better. It may be that there is some advantage I am missing (aside of the rare moments  something is very highly divinus resistant ). The 9 seperately critable damages from the gnome weapon seem for me to outpace the wand quite easily in my personal tests, especially as they can over. Would not recommend getting the wand solely for bashing purposes right now.

The wonderwand has a slightly higher base damage. The gnomeweapon as more chances to crit and has the carry over thing. While the wonderwand has the choice of which balance to use (and I guess having perhaps a lower buy in to having all damage types), it likely isn't going outweigh the gnomeweapon outside of a few specific things (such as hunting ice larva)
  • Aeldra said:
    Yeah, sending portals is kinda neat. But the main reasons I haven't broken it down for something else is attachment (particularly to the name I got for it) and wondering if endgame might make other damage types (and in turn having access to them) more relevant.
  • edited October 2020
    Mboagn said:
    A 2-gearbox gnomie will start outpacing whip, I've been told.

Meanwhile, a full wonderwand will always have a small edge over gnomie. However, the fact that gnomies are divided into 9 shots while wonderwand is one big shot has pros and cons that I don't fully comprehend.

Plus the fact that goop (gnomeweapons) are much much much cheaper than wondercrystals (wand)...
    A 20-crystal wonderwand will always outdamage a gnome weapon per a single attack. However, the gnomeweapon has the edge because each gear splits its damage into an additional hit, so it's possible to kill multiple NPCs in one balance which a wonderwand can't do.

If you were attacking a supermob the wonderwand would be better, in most other circumstances, the gnome weapon wins out for its ability to clear a room though.

A 9 gear gnome weapon will be split between 10 attacks, potentially (if lucky or they are very weak) letting you kill 10 mobs in a single hit, a huge time saver in clearing rooms.
  • How long does it take to gain all the tolerance? As a wee brewmeister, I wanna learn to get krunked as much as possible. Is it just chugchugchug, barf, chug more, or a daily limit?
  • You'll get a little message when you've gotten your "tolerance tic" for the day. Something like "you feel yourself growing more tolerant to alcohol." After that point, you won't increase your tolerance by drinking more until the next day. I'm not sure if it's based on the weave or the in-game month though.

Get yourself that pendant that makes it so you never lose tolerance, too.
  • edited November 2020
    Jatius, you want both a A Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation, (3500 Aethergoop, 376 on ashop) and the Charm of the Clangoru (1200 Aethergoop, 443 on ashop).
    The first stops you from losing alcohol tolerance when you don't drink it for a month/weave, and latter protects you from alcohol withdrawal when you aren't drunk. Something that normally occurs when you gain higher alcohol tolerance.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Excellent, thank you both. Snatched them both up!
  • Does the preservation charm of modular origami work if it's held in a beast's inventory?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    The lesson chart on the wiki, is it accurate? According to it, Gifted to Expert should take 134 lessons, but it took me 250+ to clear it. Whether the wiki is correct or not, could we not have this information correctly recorded in the game's files itself? Extremely frustrated.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    The lesson chart on the wiki, is it accurate? According to it, Gifted to Expert should take 134 lessons, but it took me 250+ to clear it. Whether the wiki is correct or not, could we not have this information correctly recorded in the game's files itself? Extremely frustrated.

It is recorded in game - HELP SKILL RANKS (9.0.11).
    If you have a truefavor (or more one), this will effect your rank. You can also see your lessons to next skill on the AB <skill>  (again, TFs will throw this number off)
    edited November 2020
    Ayisdra said:
    Eritheyl said:

It is recorded in game - HELP SKILL RANKS (9.0.11).
    If you have a truefavor (or more one), this will effect your rank. You can also see your lessons to next skill on the AB <skill>  (again, TFs will throw this number off)
    TIL that core skills skip levels and thus have entirely different figures, had no idea! I figured they just chopped off the last few.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Question about designs.

How many designs can I have pending at any one time (Ignoring that they're from various cartels, since I trademaster more than one).

And how many WIPs can I have (works in progress) can I have? Is that by cartel or overall?

Thanks!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• The only limit on designs in "SUBMIT" status should be the annual cap on each cartel's public and private slots. And you can have 25 WIP designs in each cartel at a given time. Doesn't matter who's trademaster when the designs are requested.
  • Okay! So I can submit as many designs as I possibly could lay my hands on as trademaster, but only 25 WIP per cartel. Good, I was worried it was 25 WIP *overall* and that woulda been bad.

Thanks!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "Do you pay attention when you talk, dearest?"

• Do submitted/rejected status ones count towards the 25 WIP per cartel?

• Oh whoops, good call. Turns out yes, designs in SUBMIT or REJECT status count towards the 25 you can have in an "unapproved" state in a given cartel. But it should still be on a per-cartel basis.
  • Okay, got it. 25 total, per cartel. The total number that I have under "design pending" should depend on...however many cartels I can lay my grubby hands on trademaster, then?

• There a way to tell how many bards/scholars someone adds? The value in powerlog accounts for the domoth bonus, so wanting to find a way independent of that.
    Kalaneya said:
    There a way to tell how many bards/scholars someone adds? The value in powerlog accounts for the domoth bonus, so wanting to find a way independent of that.
    There isn't, no. The total in CULTURE also counts points, not individual entities.

-

• So, recognizing players. I like to do so with those that I have rped with because they took time to do so, and RP is why I like to play as opposed to a hack and slash mud. Other games I've played in the past (mostly mushes, where advancement of your character only came through admin events and recognition from other players) had pretty black and white rules about frequency, etc. to curtail abuse. They'd also ask for logs if they thought you were gaming the system.

That all said, are there some better guidelines about acceptable use of recognize than the help file? I keep logs out of habit, so I can justify mine, but I've been asked a time or two to no longer recognize someone because they're afraid of administrators coming down on them. This irritates me, since someone is taking time they could use for daily credits harvesting and wasting it on me. If this has been answered before, I'd love to see it. Forums search functionality is bad.
  • So common sense then, works for me. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
  • Yet another easy question from me. Aside from DESIGN COMMS (TRADE) is there any way to see what all nouns/keywords are available to use? Tailoring seems to be fairly detailed in what it offers, my main question is for types of alcohol allowed by brewmeister/cooking spirits. Because as delicious as whiskey is, I needs my vodka, rum, gin, tequila, etc.
  • DESIGN PATTERNS <trade> is, I think, what you're after, Jatius.
  • Doesn't look like it. DESIGN PATTERNS ARTISAN/COOKING/TAKEURPICK just tells me that the usage for DESIGN (similar to just typing it in by itself) is DESIGN COMMODITIES or DESIGN LISTCOMMS. DESIGN COMMODITIES COOKING specifically gives me the following outpot.

Cooking commodities required:

Baking ....................... 4+
    Brews ........................ 6+
    Soup ......................... 8+
    Dishes ....................... 10+
    Pastries ..................... 8+
    Spirits ...................... 14+
    Cakes ........................ 12+
    Wine ......................... 16+
    Cuisine ...................... 18+
    Delicacies ................... 22+
    Gourmet ...................... 26+
    Colddrinks ................... 8+

Which, while good to know, doesn't tell me if I can have vodka dang it!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited December 2020
    @Jatius You need to be a trademaster (for some reason) to see the output from that.
    - design patterns cooking
    You may design based on the following patterns:
    *******************************************************************************
    [ID] [Org] [Type] [Description]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    19 Public Brews a dark ale
    20 Public Baking some plain bread
    22 Public Soup a plain soup
    33 Public Pastries a plain pie
    43 Public Dishes a plain fishcake
    46 Public Wine a red wine
    48 Public Wine a sparkling champagne
    49 Public Spirits a fine whiskey
    51 Public Brews a cold beer
    52 Public Gourmet a gourmet surf and turf dinner platter
    54 Public Dishes some plain pork
    55 Public Wine a white wine
    80 Public Dishes some plain shrimp
    81 Public Cuisine some plain lobster
    82 Public Pastries a plain ice cream
    83 Public Pastries a plain tart
    85 Public Pastries a plain cookie
    86 Public Pastries a plain donut
    87 Public Cuisine some plain spring rolls
    88 Public Cuisine a plain steak
    89 Public Pastries a plain ladyfinger
    90 Public Cakes a plain cheesecake
    91 Public Cuisine a plain kabob
    92 Public Dishes some plain chicken
    93 Public Dishes a plain sandwich
    94 Public Cakes a plain meringue
    95 Public Cuisine a cheddar scone with ham and honey-mustard
    116 Public Cuisine a plain quiche
    122 Public Dishes a plain omelette
    125 Public Cuisine a plain crepe
    128 Public Cakes a plain cake
    2388 Public Dishes some simple fish
    2389 Public Dishes some simple rice
    2390 Public Dishes some simple beef
    2391 Public Dishes some simple stew
    2392 Public Dishes a simple salad
    2393 Public Dishes some simple noodles
    7635 Public Brews green tea
    7636 Public Brews a pale beer
    7637 Public Brews an amber ale
    7638 Public Brews a dark beer
    7639 Public Brews white tea
    7640 Public Brews oolong tea
    7641 Public Brews green tea
    7642 Public Brews black tea
    9464 Public Baking a ham and cheese corn muffin
    26022 Public Brews a honeyed mead
    26024 Public Spirits a tart lemon liqueur
    26034 Public Brews sparkling strawberry and lime cider
    26035 Public Spirits rich, sweet damson gin
    29365 Public Spirits a refreshing mojito cocktail
    31709 Public Pastries a bowl of plain sorbet
    31710 Public Colddrinks pale yellow lemonade
    31711 Public Colddrinks fruit punch
    *******************************************************************************
    Total: 54

• Luce said:
    @Jatius You need to be a trademaster (for some reason) to see the output from that.
    - design patterns cooking

This still doesn't answer his question.

You can't see all the nouns without making the design itself. So you would have to request the pattern to a cartel and then look at the nouns of the new design (then trashing it if you don't need).