General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• The latest public posts in game leave me with a really bad taste in my mouth. I feel like they crossed a line but I don't have a personal stake in it and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something that makes it worse.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• The latest public posts in game leave me with a really bad taste in my mouth. I feel like they crossed a line but I don't have a personal stake in it and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something that makes it worse.
    Sounds like a lot of assumptions about what you think the intention was, and that you think the people involved should take the fairly arbitrary opinions of others about their rp-relationship as a personal attack. I suppose that's always an option, but so is... not doing that. In the worst case imagining of what the public posts could mean(whatever that might be), I still don't understand how it could be offensive outside of the game.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Dramube quest needs to be fed to Gorgulu. It's starting to break in the same aspect as it did a few years ago when it was like a 9 month span and it never worked. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah I hate you Dramube! *seethe*
  • Thalkros said:
    Dramube quest needs to be fed to Gorgulu. It's starting to break in the same aspect as it did a few years ago when it was like a 9 month span and it never worked. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah I hate you Dramube! *seethe*

There are a lot of rules to how the speeder works that aren't said that causes the thing to crash if you don't know them.
  • I'm not really sure what's offensive about the current one, other than someone pointing out the very real fact that Hallifax is largely run by one family
  • edited September 2020
    The latest public posts in game leave me with a really bad taste in my mouth. I feel like they crossed a line but I don't have a personal stake in it and I'm pretty sure I'm missing something that makes it worse.

You're just worried people are going to vote for me and not you ;)
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • PEOPLE. @Arix, @Parhelion, that's not the public posts she was talking about!

...But sure Parhelion, you can have my vote.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Arix said:
    I'm not really sure what's offensive about the current one, other than someone pointing out the very real fact that Hallifax is largely run by one family
    I really don't care about the Shevat one. :)

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• It’s day 12 since Aether Epic bugged out for me and I still don’t have my honors line. Groooowwwwwlllllll *weep*
  • Lantra said:
    My sweet girl needs injection heartworm treatments and I can’t help but be an anxious and worried dogmom about it. :( She has by far been the best part of 2020 for me and my heart is breaking for her.
    Thinking of you and your girl. I know it's pure anecdote, but a friend's dog went through it at 12 and went on to live more happy years. It's scary!

Not really feeling like posting this in Absence Thread, but I've got some Very Heavy Stuff going on, so if you see me and I suddenly dodge out of a conversation, RP, etc, please don't take it personally. 
  • Someone keeps leaving dog feces in my front yard when I'm away during the day. It makes me want to go buy chalk and write "Pick up after your dog" on every single sidewalk tile spanning my property, but I'm not sure if that'd just make it worse.
  • My experience is that they would ignore it  and you might get fined by your HOA for it

• I don't live in a HOA, at least.
  • Jolanthe said:
    Someone keeps leaving dog feces in my front yard when I'm away during the day. It makes me want to go buy chalk and write "Pick up after your dog" on every single sidewalk tile spanning my property, but I'm not sure if that'd just make it worse.
    They may appreciate it if you returned it to them in a bag or container since they obviously just forgot it in your yard.  
  • I think if Jolanthe knew who was doing it we'd have a very different conversation
  • Jolanthe said:
    Someone keeps leaving dog feces in my front yard when I'm away during the day. It makes me want to go buy chalk and write "Pick up after your dog" on every single sidewalk tile spanning my property, but I'm not sure if that'd just make it worse.
    There's an apartment building near where I live that has a sign that says "Do not allow your dog to pee on our lawn. I AM ALWAYS WATCHING" and to be honest, I am afraid they are always watching. 
  • You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to a hulking, ominously patterned stallion with leathery
    wings. A golden glow surrounds him which shimmers and you watch in amazement as he transforms into a
    hulking, ominously patterned stallion with bat wings.

:|
  • So I work for one department in my organization, but to foster some teamwork and keep a finger on the pulse of what's going on my manager has me seated out with our IT team.

IT just hired a new department manager. Seems an okay sort, fills a few common IT guy tropes but not too bad.

The senior IT guy keeps a chessboard on top of his filing cabinet, and for the past month or so we've been moving pieces when we happen to be in the office. Call it probably ten or so moves apiece.

New manager comes over to talk since myself and senior are both in, and while talking to us RESETS THE MOTHER LOVING BOARD. I didn't realize what he was doing until he was nearly done. Called him out on it, because, dafuq is wrong with you. I honestly don't remember what he said since it was about twelve hours ago, but it sure wasn't anything even remotely approaching a real reason for doing it other than wanting to watch the world burn. Something about the impermance of things. The mocking smile was... Irritating.

What in the world is wrong with people?

• You administer a dose of zimoru reagent to a hulking, ominously patterned stallion with leathery
    wings. A golden glow surrounds him which shimmers and you watch in amazement as he transforms into a
    hulking, ominously patterned stallion with bat wings.

:|
    I present you with: 

• edited November 2020
    @Alexandria Bug it please. It's not a bug per say but there might be something that could be done (AND If you bugged it previously and it was resolved as not a bug, idea it). This happens because when we set up beasts we often insert certain modifications repeatedly to stagger the odds. Some are meant to be rarer and the only way to make it happen currently is to repeat entries of the more basic ones.   
  • Drocilla said:
    @Alexandria Bug it please. It's not a bug per say but there might be something that could be done (AND If you bugged it previously and it was resolved as not a bug, idea it). This happens because when we set up beasts we often insert certain modifications repeatedly to stagger the odds. Some are meant to be rarer and the only way to make it happen currently is to repeat entries of the more basic ones.   
    Don't think I did, just assumed I had terrible luck. Bugged it anyway with as much detail as I could remember!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    The guy who was going to fix my husband's car at a rate we could just barely afford (a good $100 cheaper than everyone else local to where his car is) has contracted COVID-19 and now we have to wait for him to get better before we can have our car fixed. ETA: 6-8 weeks.

We were going to bring our daughter to the geneticist during this time frame, and now it doesn't really seem possible. COVID restrictions in my state (NY) are likely to get more stringent soon, meaning we probably won't make it to a geneticist before lockdown occurs again.