Can't log in to nexus client

So yesterday, I made a forum post... comment. (Mentioning this because I was told to set a password to post on the forum and I don't know if that is relevant to this)

I was logged in to the nexus client at the time, and shortly after, I logged out, but I haven't been able to access the nexus client since. I thought the site was down but checking the forums today I saw no posts about it so it seems to be just me?

I tried my normal login method, going through client.lusternia.com and then I tried going to lusternia.com and hitting play now from there but I keep getting the same error message. Any ideas? I ran diagnostics and it said my device is fine but the site isn't responding. (Which is why I'm posting to ask about it here since the rest of the internet is working for me)

Comments

• edited December 2020
    Been experimenting with things to figure this out. It's affecting everyone else who's tried it that I've spoken to in the Serenwilde discord.
    • I can connect from my phone, but I can't connect from my iPad when it's using my phone as a hotspot (which is utterly baffling).
    • I can't connect from my work computer when it's VPNed into the office, so it's not ISP specific.
    • I can telnet to Lusternia just fine.
    • My traceroute to the Nexus client shows no problems either.
    • I also can't connect from my PC when I have Chrome pretending to be a mobile phone.
    • Not browser-specific. I even tried an ancient copy of IE with the same results.
    Conclusion: I don't think it's a connectivity issue. But I don't know why a few of us have been able to connect from our phones when the same browser on the same data connection on a tablet won't work for me, and mobile client emulation doesn't either. It's baffling.

(Almost scared to post anything about it because of the inevitable unhelpful 'loser you should use <my favorite client> instead' backlash.)
  • Lendren said:
    Been experimenting with things to figure this out. It's affecting everyone else who's tried it that I've spoken to in the Serenwilde discord.

Conclusion: I don't think it's a connectivity issue. But I don't know why a few of us have been able to connect from our phones when the same browser on the same data connection on a tablet won't work for me, and mobile client emulation doesn't either. It's baffling.

Ahh so not just me then. I didn't see any recent posts that looked to be about it, so I thought I did something strange. Did it just now happen to everyone, or does it have anything to do with connecting to the forums?

I haven't tried from my phone though I did try from 2 devices - laptop and chromebook. Can't connect to other IRE clients either - I tried Achaea through the play now button on the site.
  • Silvanos mentioned having the problem at 1:37amEST last night so it seems to have happened some time between when I logged off about 10pmEST and then. The fact that it's not ISP-specific makes me think maybe they loaded an update to the Nexus client that broke things, or maybe the server it lives on has some networking or configuration problem. Though what that problem could be that it'd answer our phones but not other devices, even tablets, is beyond my mastery of server management. I just hope someone at IRE knows about the problem. I'm going to see if I can get a comment in via Feedback in Nexus on my phone.
  • There is some kind of issue going on right now with some ISPs/locations not being able to connect to IRE servers. It's not affecting everyone, but we know it's been affecting people on Comcast in the US as well as potentially other ISPs.

It was looked into last night and it sounds like the thinking it's not something we can sort on our end, but rather issues within internet providers themselves/internet in the US as a whole. I'm afraid I wasn't awake when it all started and am not affected by it, so can't give you any more information than that, but will try to update if anything changes.
    Art by the wonderful Gurashi.
  • Appreciate it - just knowing it's a known thing (even if no one's sure yet what) makes me feel better so thanks! :smile:
  • Your absolutely not the only one - I'm having the same issue in canada.
  • To echo Aonia, there was no update released that caused this. You'll also notice the issue by trying to connect to https://ironrealms.com/ and https://wiki.starmourn.com/ (Oddly, the other game wikis are fine), as well as our own internal web applications.

We are aware of the issue, and I believe have pushed up a ticket toward our hosting provider at this time. However, it appears to be an upstream issue on a holiday weekend, so there is no expected time of repair currently. I will update as we have more information.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited December 2020
    I am not worried in the slightest <3. It is the holidays, things like these can happen.

Thank you both taking time to respond.

• It seems to be accessible again. Hope it holds up!
  • Yep, looks to have been a firewall/IDS issue on our host's side from my guess, I don't exactly have details though.

Closing this thread as the matter is resolved.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
This discussion has been closed.