QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• That is adorable!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Arix said:
    ah yes, the most overquoted part of that movie
    Strong disagree. Never quoted enough.

The other quotes could definitely use some love too, though.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• Arix said:

I knew a guy who would quote that at me and others constantly even when we  weren't actually using a word wrong, in several cases because he didn't know we were using the word correctly. Repeated requests that he stop resulted in him being more annoying about it, resulting in him receiving a broken nose and being banned from the game store
  • Arix said:
    Arix said:

I knew a guy who would quote that at me and others constantly even when we  weren't actually using a word wrong, in several cases because he didn't know we were using the word correctly. Repeated requests that he stop resulted in him being more annoying about it, resulting in him receiving a broken nose and being banned from the game store
    The movie is not to blame for a poorly-educated fool. :D 

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited November 2020
    Rekath tosses the MASK, not his hands. He is not throwing hands.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "Willingly going out into the Void which by all
    accounts is agony as opposed to mingling with anyone is certainly a strong aversion to people."

---

Darvellan, the introvert supreme.

• AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Reyqae said:
    Not exactly a quote I guess but it made me laugh and I didn't know where else to put it. ;)

Oh man, poor Ironbeard! When you first told me about this in-game, I was so confused at first, lol.

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• You stare implacably at chimes that rhyme.                                                          s
    At your lightest breath, chimes that rhyme most musically does tinkleth.

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • I really enjoyed the rhymes themselves, thank you to whomever wrote them!
  • Qistrel Strongleaf, Daughter of the Beetle says, "And wild mammoths could not pull me away from Callie."
    Qistrel nods her head sagely.

Gurashi's eyes light up as they smile.

Ocean waves echoing softly behind his voice, Tridemon Regalis, Keeper of Pure Waters says, "Wild mammoths being notorious for opposing romance."

Brave Herald Calfuray, She who Listens says, "They can try. I did my fair share of hunting in Icewynd."

You say to Tridemon, "Are they now?"

Brave Herald Calfuray, She who Listens says, "Well they do make you deaf and dumb."

Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Dang it, Czixi. Why aren't these tradeable >.>

Childishly, you stick your tongue out at an adorable Ruin doll.
    Swan diving out of your arms, an adorable Ruin doll flips in the air before performing a perfect
    three-point landing upon the ground.

"For stuff!" an adorable Ruin doll roars in a majestic battlecry, "and things!"
    Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands says, "Kill him, my pets."

Afrit drops a putrescent globule.

A putrescent globule bubbles and churns wildly for a moment before releasing a torrent of blistering hot liquid directly at Afrit.

Afrit sipped a potion of healing.

A putrescent globule lashes out at Afrit with a watery tendril, wrapping it around his head. Afrit struggles fiercely against the tendril as he fights for air.

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands says, "No, not me!"
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • The globule is a custom pet yes?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Probably something from Muud.
  • Muud, yes. They've been bugged and able to be picked/scooped up for a long time.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    You take an entrancing red rose from a clay flowerpot.
    You give a clay flowerpot to Alaula Ladyn.
    You thrust your palm towards your forehead and hit it with a resounding *smack*!

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited January 2021
    You rub your hands along the edges of Tinno's Shabby Saddle of the Mighty Warrior and it begins to
    waver and changes shape before your eyes before finally solidifying once again as Milara's Polished
    Saddle of the Incompetent Ur'Guard.

There are saddles and then there are saddles. 
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Aeldra said:
    You rub your hands along the edges of Tinno's Shabby Saddle of the Mighty Warrior and it begins to
    waver and changes shape before your eyes before finally solidifying once again as Milara's Polished
    Saddle of the Incompetent Ur'Guard.

There are saddles and then there are saddles. 
    Dayum, saddle. Tell us how you really feel! 😂😂😂

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• **giving Fleur my book of poems**

@Fleur says, "Aha. Very romantic. Was this dedicated to someone I wonder?"

You say, "Which?"

Fleur says, "Goodness. Maybe you've been wooing many men or women. A Yellow Heart, Bright eyes?"

You say, "Bright Eyes...ah."

You say, "The one where they never looked like that for me?"

Fleur nods her head affirmatively.

You say, "That one is about a very sweet mugwump in Glomdoring. I was very distraught at the time."

You look thoughtful and say, "A few of those are."

Fleur says, "I think you should recite some of these some time!"

Fleur says, "And I will be at the ready to defend thee against those who become infatuated!"

I have a bodyguard 😎
    2021/01/22 17:04:55 Gurashi has recognised Alarin for: For being the guy to eat the snowball at the snowball fight - that was silly as hell. Perfect.

Glad it made someone laugh. :D Also... IC, Alarin pretty much eats anything he knows is edible. Lol.

13) 2021/01/25 13:57:39 - Ianir: "Buying a twelve-headed crocodile. Payment delivered in well wishes."
    14) 2021/01/25 13:58:12 - Alarin: "...I will also pay for said crocodile. I want to see this thing!"
    15) 2021/01/25 13:59:09 - Alaula: "I may consider Your offer, but I would need half the well wishes up front."
    16) 2021/01/25 14:01:17 - Ianir: "Selling 3000 units of mystery. Asking for six gallons of dreamsauce in return."
    17) 2021/01/25 14:01:48 - Aellaxi: "Counter offer, four gallons of dream sauce."

So... did you ever get that crocodile or dreamsauce, @Ianir?

• Alarin said:

So... did you ever get that crocodile or dreamsauce, @Ianir?
    No, and after hearing what some people thought dreamsauce was, I have no desire for it now.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.