Simple Ideas

1225226227228229231»

Comments

• Give all of the wonderitems the wonder keyword. Would be pretty handy.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    as I just ran into this again, I would love to have some sort of possibility to allow a new player to speak directly with someone who's off plane  without having to resort to CGT. While CGT  solves some of the issues, its also a little bit difficult if they're really more trying to RP and not just asking questions. Maybe there could be some sort of craft item that allows them to communicate with one specific person that crafted such an item for them? (not sure if that idea is any good), just generally feels bad if a newbie who's trying to RP can't answer you because you're off plane.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Aeldra said:
    as I just ran into this again, I would love to have some sort of possibility to allow a new player to speak directly with someone who's off plane  without having to resort to CGT. While CGT  solves some of the issues, its also a little bit difficult if they're really more trying to RP and not just asking questions. Maybe there could be some sort of craft item that allows them to communicate with one specific person that crafted such an item for them? (not sure if that idea is any good), just generally feels bad if a newbie who's trying to RP can't answer you because you're off plane.

If nothing else, can this be added to the list of Mentor/Mentee benefits?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    She holds the position of one of the The Barker in the Goon Squad.

I really hate how sloppy and unpolished this looks. Can we get rid of the forced plural in the honors line, and just change it to "holds the position of Blah in Bleh"? Let guilds decide if it should be singular (by including their own article) or running with plurals in the position title itself. Please, I'm begging you.

Note: Hallifaxian guilds rolled with this in perfect form, making all of their positions into groups. This is great, and it works for them! But forcing that structure on what's supposed to be player-determined, even in such a small way as this, wounds me.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited March 2021
    Illusions are a super handy resource for enhancing rp but are also locked to specific skill choices and their combat utility leads to illusion detection, it'd neat if we could make this more widely available in a way tuned to this particular use.

The idea is we have two commands
    RP DECLARE
    RP ILLUSION

Declare would flag a room kinda like how village campaigns work without any visible ic line. It'd check for masochism on everyone, maybe relevant enemy statuses, and if the zone has active conflict (i.e a village currently in revolt). Any change in any of that would remove the flag, so if someone attacks or the village revolts it would immediately drop.
    The illusion command would be the same as improved illusions but can only be used in a flagged room and would likely bypass illusion detection or, if there's a concern, have an option that allows you to turn off illusion detection for this particular command.

Am aware you can buy illusionist stuff for guilds and the like, but the ones I've seen tend to be limited to a specific room and even within a guildhall there can be multiple such rooms before you consider all the possible rooms you might want to utilise such things in within an entire org.