Info Here window for Mudlet

edited January 2021 in Mechanic's Corner
Someone asked about getting the info here information displayed in a window in Mudlet, and the general consensus was that kaiUI handled that. Then @Llani shared a pastebin with their adjustments, and I didn't particularly want to install the whole UI myself either, but still wanted the shiny functionality.

So I filed the serial numbers off of it shoved it into its own table and adjustable container, and now it's a movable, resizable standalone widget. By default it creates itself in the bottom-left corner of the window. It displays the current players in the room, according to gmcp, and highlights them according to ndb if you have it installed. Works just fine without ndb if you don't have it installed.

Download the file HERE (you may need to save, or right-click and save as) and install it as a package.

Comments

• Version at link updated to include option for autoWrap at the top of the script. Defaults to true.
  • New update up on github, makes the player display an option you can set at the top of the script, as well as the wrap width if you don't want to autowrap. 

Also if the output isn't collapsed it will do a secondary sort based on item ID after sorting by name. Having it sometimes out of numeric order was bothering my sensibilities.
  • Hi, this is pretty cool, thanks all involved in putting it together!

I've had some trouble installing, wondering if anyone could help troubleshoot. It ends up creating this blank box in the lower left corner of my main output, and it's actually unmovable and can't be closed. I also get an error in the script window - something about 'createRightClickMenu', but it references a line number not in the script...? Any ideas would be appreciated! I'm on the latest version of Mudlet.

• Oh dear, that definitely doesn't seem right. What version of Mudlet are you using? I have tested it using 4.10.1 but not the 4.11.0 or .1 releases per se yet, been a bit busy. I'll run off and try it on a character in a bit and see if there's something I can do to fix it on my end.
  • I'm using 4.11.1! But yeah not sure if it's just a "me" problem since some other people were able to use this and it didn't break with the update (though they had it installed previously). Appreciate the help!
  • Ok, so made a new profile in Mudlet and installed this package and it does make a window in the bottom left, but you should be able to move it with your mouse at the top of the window, and right-click at the top to attach it to the border left (at least that's where I put mine)

you might try looking in getMudletHomeDir()/AdjustableContainer and delete the demonIHContainer.lua file there to force it to start over again, but I'm not getting any errors in 4.11.1 myself. 

Worst comes to worst, try installing it in a new profile with nothing else installed and typing "look" and it should populate.
  • Not too sure what the issue was, but I reordered my scripts and it seemed to resolve. Thanks very much for the help and great script!
  • I'm glad it's started working for you! If you run into any more issues do let me know. =)