Would you like to help me collect information for my thesis by filling out a survey?

edited February 2021 in Common Grounds

Hi there! I am new here, but I am currently writing a thesis titled " Identity Formation in Digital Spaces: A Nexus of Social, Sexual, and Character-Based Development and their Educational Potential" and I have been doing an analysis on avatar- and persona-based identity creation in digital spaces. Basically the title. I have posted this on a different site before, and I have had some help in distributing this, so you may have come across this recently. Either way, one of my chapters is focusing on Lusternia since it is text-based and since I also have a point of contact for additional questions and explanations. While they are helping me distribute this survey, I wanted to make sure it could be seen elsewhere so that I can get as many responses as possible. I would also like to note that I have completed all the necessary work with my university's IRB to get permission to do this.

Why am I writing this? Well, I am using this thesis as a justification for an online class done through avatars or personas. The research that I am collecting will help me best develop a space that is safe enough for all to feel comfortable with being their preferred self, while hopefully removing some of the anxieties surrounding in-class participation. (there's a little more to it, of course)

How long will it take? I expect it will take around 15–20 minutes to write down all responses if you flesh out your answers and fully read the consent form. Also, I need to mention that, as I am a broke student working on a Master's degree, I am not providing any compensation for filling out this survey (unfortunately). I can only thank you for your time. Just please do not forget to submit your survey once you are complete (there is a submit button on the "thank you for participating" page).

Will there be a follow-up interview? If you would like, but I'm nearing the end of my data-collection period, so just filling out the survey is good enough. Please do not provide any personally-identifying information. Also, you must be 18 years or older to participate since getting additional IRB approval for working with children is not something I wanted to go through.

Link is here: https://forms.gle/5ViShLg19skgWtDf6

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Mods, let me know if I need to post this elsewhere or something.

Comments