Small(er) scale pvp

13»

Comments

• Eritheyl said:
    Chogan said:
    Remove enemy lists, make all enemy-wide effects automatically hit everyone that's not a member of your city. Likewise ally effects only hit city members.
    This would make it impossible to participate in duels, wargames, FFAs and the like for people who have to manage enemies currently. Also, why would I want to hit my international allies with my meld?

I don't want to drag this too far off topic but wargames would just treat teammates as allies and all others as enemies, and FFA would treat all as enemies.

You wouldn't want to hit your allies with your meld, but you'd have to make the decision of whether to assist by holding your own territory or sacrifice your passives to stay with the group. It would be a significant buff to classes like warriors/monks/guardians that don't rely on enemy lists, so I'd want to add something to tune up/counterbalance the hit to group effects along the lines of giving melds/bards/chemwoods a damaging effect which scales up with the number of enemies in the room, further incentivizing groups to break up while giving something back to the classes that got whacked with the change.

I understand it wouldn't be popular since people would have to change how they play group combat, and there would be some situations where people are more at a disadvantage, but that's a tradeoff. There aren't any changes that can be made without having -any- drawbacks. Being the only person online in your org sucks anyway, regardless of combat mechanics, but at least with this change the other group will be more likely to have to split up.
  • One thing I've thrown around in the past is to make all 'hits all enemies skills' hit a maximum of x random enemies instead. Including melds.
  • Mboagn said:
    That proposal would effectively neuter mages and bards.
    Why, though? It would not affect duels and wargames at all. All it would affect are mass group combat situations, but I thought people hated how those were right now anyways....?
  • Well, for one, not all melders and bards are built the same. For example, Aquamancers can strip defenses (including waterwalk/breathe). Geomancers can steal balance. Pyromancers can...blackout, which you can fully negate with a tea sip. It would make sense to limit demesne effects for those that are actually debilitating, but not for all of them.
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)

• I like how he had to stop and think about what is actually good in a pyro meld
  • Don't get me wrong, Pyromeld (especially in TK) is a strong 1v1 skillset, but it's not very good in group where you ideally want group hinder and dispersal. Not all melders/bards are built the same.
    It's pronounced "Maggy'!

Explorer (80%), Achiever (53%), Socializer (53%), Killer (13%)
    Bartle Taxonomy
    (test yourself)