Absence Thread

Comments

• I will be traveling out of town in a few days (first time by myself in over a decade), and so as I prepare to do so and am (hopefully weather permitting) doing so I will be scarce until the 25th! Be safe out there!
    ‘It’s important to be kind. You can’t know all the times that you’ve hurt people in tiny, significant ways.
    It’s easy to be cruel without meaning to be. There’s nothing you can do about that. But you can choose to be kind. Be kind.’

• I’ll be back on Saturday ideally
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Going to be away for a few days, needing a bit of a breather from the game. I'm not  going to miss the few RP deadlines that am aware of, but outside of that, I'll probably not be around much for the next couple of days. If you need me, either leave me a message in game or poke me on discord. I should not be gone very long, though.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Aeldra said:
    Going to be away for a few days, needing a bit of a breather from the game. I'm not  going to miss the few RP deadlines that am aware of, but outside of that, I'll probably not be around much for the next couple of days. If you need me, either leave me a message in game or poke me on discord. I should not be gone very long, though.
    Sometimes a break is good. You know I've taken  a few of those myself over the last decade of playing Lusternia. Keep your head up and I'll see you when you get back! <3

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• Aleyah said:
    Help, I'm alive my heart's still...

So it's been a while huh. I've nosed about this on Discord a couple times, and Adrien's been very sweet to plead my case when the diagnosis first came in, but I have some updates and it's time to like... explain. Gonna put this in a spoiler block: TW for medical/dental drama.

TL:DR I got VERY sick, but the beginning of the end is nigh.

Sometime during the big mush of last year one of my molars rotted through and cracked in half, with the majority of it above the gum being a hollow shell of a once-tooth and everything under the gum being a black source of infection. This was, and is, excruciatingly painful, to the point where on more than one occasion I seriously considered digging the damn thing out in my home bathroom. Didn't do this. Considered it.
    Last year being what it was, though, I didn't get to a dentist until January. Turns out I had a very bad infected tooth (which I figured) but that the infection also had gotten into my jaw, and leaked into my blood stream. This explained the headaches, dizziness, and various other neuro symptoms I was getting: I had a septic infection, and I was dying.
    Since then I've been on-and-off rounds of antibiotics, taking just enough of a pause between rounds to let my stomach recuperate before beginning the next one, to keep myself upright. I can't really look at scrolling text; IREs make me dizzy when I'm in good health, and like this they are not a negotiable pass time.
    It has been three months since the dental consult, on and off antibiotics. It's been even longer since my tooth basically imploded and I was subjected to the worst pain I've ever experienced in my life. (Seriously, the entire right side of my head from my temple down to my collar bone ached like something inside it was trying to escape. Do not recommend this.) But I finally have a surgery date to have the infected tooth and surrounding infected bone removed.
    Recovery after the fact will probably be a process, but once the constant dizziness goes away, I plan to start very gently easing myself back into this game.

Apologies to the Shee-Slaughs, to Hallifax, to Viravain, to Glomdoring as a whole, and everyone else because my god I don't even remember who I play right now.

Love you all. It's been a long ride. Also: Wish me luck. I'm so fucking scared of dentists.

I cringed visibly reading this. I've had infected teeth before, and I truly feel your pain (though not to that level). Glad things are looking up.

Czixi, the Welkin murmurs, "Fight on, My Effervescent Sylph. I will be with you as you do."

Aian Lerit'r, Lead Schematicist exclaims to you, "A *paperwork* emergency, Chairman!

• I had originally stepped down from CL to deal with real world stuff, and while there was a momentary lull there over the last few weeks I have now just finalised certain matters, and will have my attention more fully diverted for the next several weeks in kind. Might not be able to log in at all sporadically, but if you do need me drop a message.
  • I am not entirely gone, but the end of the semester means grading, last minute administrative work, and other things! Hopefully things will settle soon!
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Terentia said:
    Terentia said:
    I am not entirely gone, but the end of the semester means grading, last minute administrative work, and other things! Hopefully things will settle soon!
    I only have two relatively small tasks left and then I am officially free! 😭
    It'd be good to see you about again! <3

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• Finally have a date for family medical things and expect to be mildly MIA for the next 2-3 months during their recovery as I help care for them. I'll be around some, but it will be even more erratic than I currently am.

<3
  • Just an early heads up - I'm heading away for a week from the 4th to the 10th (for me, 3-9 for those people in the past) and it's unlikely I'll be logging in during that time. Should be around before then though if anyone needs anything!