A Second Ascension

AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
edited May 2021 in Ideas
I'd been thinking.... Now that we have demigod levels, someone is eventually going to hit the level 200 mark (I'm thinking either @Zagreus, @Xenthos, or @Steingrim are going to hit that before I do, but I'm damn well gonna try getting there first), maybe we can have new perks added with a "second Ascension" that actually becomes a world announcement. New demigod powers, including being able to have one's own demi-realm with further powers that allow you to add stuff to it. Maybe also having the ability to somehow generate a small amount of essence according to size of realm/added things, similar to the yearly essence system already in place. Just an idea from a crazy RL panda just waking from a nap, lol. Let me know your thoughts and, as always, try to keep it civil and cordial. <3

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

Comments

• edited May 2021
    These are neat ideas, but please allow to me to direct without trying to be dismissive of the creative energies you have here. Newlevels/Perks design were designed not to be so good or desirable as to effectively make it mandatory/forced grinding. More special shiny bonuses within a tiny subset of a subset of people just for hunting a lot is probably not a good idea for the game as a whole. Newlevel crit bonus/Perks are adequate to reward them (a couple new perks might be a welcome addition?), and all such resource would be better utilized elsewhere in my opinion.

Level 200 is 54.5 Billion essence, fun fact. 
  • AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Zagreus said:
    These are neat ideas, but please allow to me to direct without trying to be dismissive of the creative energies you have here. Newlevels/Perks design were designed not to be so good or desirable as to effectively make it mandatory/forced grinding. More special shiny bonuses within a tiny subset of a subset of people just for hunting a lot is probably not a good idea for the game as a whole. Newlevel crit bonus/Perks are adequate to reward them (a couple new perks might be a welcome addition?), and all such resource would be better utilized elsewhere in my opinion.

Level 200 is 54.5 Billion essence, fun fact. 
    That's an excellent point. I actually hadn't realized just how much essence it'd take to get to level 200 until I checked just before coming back to this post, lol. But yeah, a few more added perks or powers would be good! <3

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• There's probably a bunch of interest in demirealms cause they've come up a few times over the years. If you dropped it in as just a lvl 100 thing with essence generation then it could become another progression system that interacts with newlevels.

One crazy idea that came to mind recently was even encouraging players to not only to build their own stuff but to also explore other players creations. For example, maybe something similar to Pariah tombs which seems to conceptually borrow from games like Dungeon Keeper/Dungeons/Evil Genius. 

Invest essence to make new rooms. Maybe have a selection of stuff such as room effects like all terrains, denizen generators, maybe even traps, etc that you can also invest essence in to set up. Could even get them to a point where they could be neat little influencing/bashing areas with essence rewards somehow linked to how other players interact with it. 

Aside from a progression mechanism around more options for your demirealm, maybe if it's more focused on RP you could make it reward more RP friendly perks, like being able to use undetectable illusions while in there maybe also allow others to use such as well.