QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• AlarinAlarin Wailuku, Maui, Hawai'i
    Ianir said:
    Alarin said:

So... did you ever get that crocodile or dreamsauce, @Ianir?
    No, and after hearing what some people thought dreamsauce was, I have no desire for it now.
    ....I swear, some people need Jesus. Lol!

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• Is that related to Iklaran dreamshite?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ianir said:
    Alarin said:

So... did you ever get that crocodile or dreamsauce, @Ianir?
    No, and after hearing what some people thought dreamsauce was, I have no desire for it now.

Still offering to stitch you that crocodile if someone gets me 11 crocodile heads and some yarn, though. :D
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • With links to explain my confusion >.>

Iatira: Hey, I got an aspergillum! I touched it and Carakhan appeared. 

Me in my head: ....What the heck does Carakhan have to do with mold and mushroms?

Her voice firm and commanding, Terentia, the Even Bladed says to you, "You have kept your oath to Me, Parhelion. You have sworn to maintain Justice in these troubled times."

Yet if a boon be granted me, unworthy as I am, let it be for a steady hand with a clear eye and a fury most inflaming.
    Eritheyl said:
    Double post, don't @ me. Here's Akyaevin and Ironbeard, my new Lusternian OTP:

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a
    smile about himself as he arrives.
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous hiccups and says, "Special people like Ashley deserve something
    special on special days."

"Haha!" laughs Silvanos.

You rush up to Ashley and throw your hands into the air, giving a loud "WOO!"

A dusky red manticore with a voluminous mane of rust-colour fur rears back and unhinges
    his jaws, releasing bolts of lightning that spread across the surrounding area.

With a great cry, Ironbeard the Magnanimous rushes forward and rams Akyaevin with his
    expansive stomach. Akyaevin falls to the ground in surprise.

Lord Akyaevin n'Lochli says, "OH DEAR."

You say, "Akyaevin no."

You say, "AKYAEVIN NO."

With a trilling chirp, Couturier Silvanos Lunarose, Viniculturist says, "NOOOO."

Akyaevin is propelled to the north upon a pogo stick.

-

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands says, "Oh, he left."

You yell, "Clear!"

Akyaevin lands bouncing upon a pogo stick from the north.

The rowdy notes of a drinking song, faint at first, then rising to the undisputed intensity of a
    Dwarf On A Mission, herald the arrival of Ironbeard the Magnanimous who casts his beam of a
    Ironbeard the Magnanimous hiccups and says, "Special people like Xisiro deserve something
    special on special days."

Ironbeard the Magnanimous lifts his battleaxe with surprising swiftness and raises it above his
    head. With a downward swing, Ironbeard the Magnanimous smashes the blade into Akyaevin's
    shoulder, nearly taking off his arm.

Producing a pewter flagon from his satchel, Ironbeard the Magnanimous lets loose an angry
    roar and strikes Akyaevin square across the jaw.

Lord Akyaevin n'Lochli says, "OH NO."

You yell, "WAIT HE'S BACK."

Hooligan Xisiro Dahyu, Goon of Okorushi says, "He's back!"

Akyaevin is propelled to the north upon a pogo stick.

-

Akyaevin lands bouncing upon a pogo stick from the north.

Laughing deeply, Ironbeard the Magnanimous proclaims, "Merry Solstice, Vyell!"
    Super late in responding to this, but @Akyaevin going "OH DEAR" still has me cracking up, lol.

A giant panda bounds into view, flanked by a gargantuan gorilla clad in golden plate armour. They both salute as the vision fades.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Parhelion said:
    With links to explain my confusion >.>

Iatira: Hey, I got an aspergillum! I touched it and Carakhan appeared. 

Me in my head: ....What the heck does Carakhan have to do with mold and mushroms?

Whereas I knew exactly what the first one was, and haven't a clue about the second.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • You say, "Ah."

You say, "Meet my new friend."

Emlyn looks up at you curiously.

A young stag with a fluffy dun tail trots in with head high, butting you gently with
    his head.

You say, "This is Bucky."

You say, "The buck."

Emlyn looks up into the air for divine inspiration.

Emlyn says, "Are stags the same as bucks?"

Emlyn pets a young stag with a fluffy dun tail ingratiatingly.

A young stag with a fluffy dun tail ponders Emlyn thoughtfully, looking her up and
    down.

You say, "I think so."

You say, "Think it's a synonym."

Emlyn puts her hands on her hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Emlyn says, "I don't really know any forestals to ask."

You reach out through your bond with your beast and dismiss him, sending him back to
    the stables.
    A young stag with a fluffy dun tail bobs his head several times just before trotting
    off.
    You have ordered your beast to feed out of his feedbag.

What beast are you trying to summon?

What beast are you trying to summon?

********************************[ BEAST LIST ]*********************************

You cast a suspicious eye about your surroundings.

You say, "It looks like Shelly died."

Emlyn sadly says, "You let a turtle die?"

You say, "How'd you know it was a turtle?"

Emlyn rolls on the floor, laughing.

Emlyn says, "Oh gods, I love you."
  • Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands says, "Alternatively, I can just stay here with my own love...lizard."

You shift your eyes over Afrit, suspicious about exactly what he have been doing.

Afrit scratches his head in confusion.

You say, "In that case I'll leave you to it..."

Revelrous Afrit Dahyu, Lazula of the Sands laughingly says, "Wait, no."
  • A rift of cobalt lightning is located in Achaean rooms to keep or recode.
    The timequake was in "The crafter's guild of Delos" :D
    Sulwh said:
    A rift of cobalt lightning is located in Achaean rooms to keep or recode.
    The timequake was in "The crafter's guild of Delos" :D
    Bahahaha, I knew it would happen eventually! 😂😂😂

• WHat did happen with that 30 second TQ?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Never going to Gaudiguch again
  • Never going to Gaudiguch again
    What happened?
  • Illin like a villain is a trill, see the Lorina quote above

• edited February 2021
    Oh. I was confused because I was like, there are no big trill meats on Lillirallia...or is there. :o
  • edited March 2021
    Ianir the Anomaly has bestowed Their divine truefavour upon the Grand Dominion of Gaudiguch. It will last for 5 months.

He is an ordinary human scandalous demigod and stands near six feet in height. His unblemished olive skin and lithe build suggests a sheltered upbringing. His hazel eyes gleam with curiosity, beneath the shoulder-length mane of wavy sun-bleached hair. A light stubble covers the lower part of his face, bordering a mischevious smirk. A chaos butterfly is resting on his shoulder. A scarlet hieroglyph rests in the centre of his forehead, flickering with occasional tongues of lightning to show the truefavour of Mysrai, the Shofet of Abyssal Scales. He walks with the truefavour of Ianir the Anomaly.

The concept that Ianir would favour Gaudiguch alone is laughable. That obviously never happened. Memory dust!

• After suddenly running off from a play.

(Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "Omg."
    (Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "Nepenthe."
    (Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "You just."
    (Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "Made me commit."
    (Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "An untargeted ITCH emote."
    (Gaudi OOC): You say, "YESSS."
    (Gaudi OOC): You say, "I've won Lusternia. Later everyone!"
    (Gaudi OOC): Afrit says, "I will yugomaru you."
    (Gaudi OOC): You say, "Don't threaten me with a good time."
  • -bet branch
    You must be joking. One does not approach the serious art of gambling while flying or in a tree!

*chin*

Thaldorn Thornfist, the White exclaims to a power node, "Psst. 
    Kill the panda and I'll give you a cookie!"

Thaldorn Thornfist, the White listens as the astral node 
    responds with, "...get out of my face, gorilla!"

Opening his mouth wide, Thaldorn Thornfist, the White gapes in 
    wonder.

You roll on the floor, laughing.

• edited June 2021
    (( Two old friends and some sacrilegious wisdom. ))

Smiling, you ask, "How are you faring this moon?"

Fair Galaphyrae smiles and says, "I am quite well enough. What of you??"

You say, "I'm happy. I cleared some of my paperwork."

Fair Galaphyrae says, "A bit of fire and that's easily done."

Galaphyrae glances askance.

Xiran lets out a shocked laugh before dissolving into giggles.

You say, "Fair Galaphyrae! Why! Hrmm. I could never stand that close to a sconce. Perhaps if I accidentally stacked some books just so but."

Fair Galaphyrae says, "It always help to have a nice big candle right on the desk so you can ... see better."

Xiran clutches her sides, swinging to and fro as she laughs. Giggling, you say, "I see, I see."

Fair Galaphyrae says, "Or do it near a big open window and hope an owl swoops right in. Or perhaps a good-natured pixie."

You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

You say, "I mean, even a bad-natured pixie would do."

Galaphyrae cackles hellishly.

You grin mischievously at Galaphyrae.

Murmuring to herself, you say, "I'm going to have to get into the habit of carrying enough gold to replace a desk, now that I'm aware of the myriad ways to clear paperwork."

Fair Galaphyrae says, "Ah, just always be ready with a little rain."
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Tyrus said:
    You tell Rootweir Daisee, "Well done, it seems your studies are progressing rapidly."
    Daisee tells you, "Bapping stuff with an athame isn't a study!"
    You tell Rootweir Daisee, "Oh, but it is, you study the creature's movements, their weaknesses, and grow stronger for it!"
    Rootweir Daisee says, "Noo.. I think I just aim for whatever part I'm not trying to let hit me."
    You ask, "So in the case of a mountain lion you would attack the...?"
    Rootweir Daisee says, "The lion part."
    Rootweir Daisee says, "You can't hit mountains."

Old Man Mountain is nice! You can't hit him!