Lusternian Divine AMA

Comments

• Assuming They don't have magical cleaning powers somehow, how would your god approach chores? Would They be particularly picky about how to do something (like folding laundry), get it all done at once, procrastinate, etc?

pronouns: they/them
  • Esei said:
    Assuming They don't have magical cleaning powers somehow, how would your god approach chores? Would They be particularly picky about how to do something (like folding laundry), get it all done at once, procrastinate, etc?
    Mysrai would only perform chores that have meaning of some sort. Something that has a direct positive impact on (mostly) Themselves or (to a lesser extent) those around Them. Anything else devolves into Them breaking down why the chore is considered useful by others and exactly why that's stupid and not actually worth doing. You can do it if you like, but They might judge you slightly for it.

Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • Esei said:
    Assuming They don't have magical cleaning powers somehow, how would your god approach chores? Would They be particularly picky about how to do something (like folding laundry), get it all done at once, procrastinate, etc?
    Terentia was originally assigned to dust all the furniture; however, She was then told to wash the dishes. She would do so begrudgingly, at first. However, given time, She finds ways to maximize Her efficiency at doing the dishes--not simply finding ways to get it done faster, but to get them cleaner and more sanitized. She'd scoff at the idea of using a dishwasher, because it is better to work with your hands. This skill then begins transferring to other chores She gets tasked with: laundry, mowing the lawn, bathroom clean-up, etc. Sundays are chosen as chore days, and She manages to get them done by 4:00 in the afternoon (She wakes up at 8am).
    Forum avatar by @Gurashi!
    1.  To you, what does the Book of You mean? Does it mean just a book of your history as a whole? or is it like the other public ones where it is your time during the Elder Wars? Or is it something else?
    2.  Without thinking too much about what it means for the timeline, You can change one moment in past (as far back to your creation even), what do you change and why?
    3.  What is something you are jealous of your Cousins are able to do but you aren't?
    4.  What is something you are glad your Cousins are able to do and you can't?
    5.  What real world game would you like to create within Lusternia?
  • edited July 2021
    Lantra said:
    I have a question for my fellow Havens Divine: If you could trade godroles for a day to see how life is like in someone else's immortal shoes, which god would you make the deal with? Just 24 hours of swanning around as someone else!

I think taking @Drocilla for a spin would be fascinating. That delicious, delicious betrayal of Li-varili. What a fun role.
    Of the active godroles, I think I would love to take @Mysrai for a day. If only because the role has near limitless possibilities with a heavy and formative history. Maybe @Thax, because I feel like there is something fascinating about the idea of man made out of tin (I am a Wizard of Oz fan). If we are talking about any of the godroles, I think @Zvoltz for similar reasons to Mysrai. 

Ayisdra said:
    1.  To you, what does the Book of You mean? Does it mean just a book of your history as a whole? or is it like the other public ones where it is your time during the Elder Wars? Or is it something else?
    2.  Without thinking too much about what it means for the timeline, You can change one moment in past (as far back to your creation even), what do you change and why?
    3.  What is something you are jealous of your Cousins are able to do but you aren't?
    1.  Similar to @Nocht, I think the "Book of X" (starting with, @Maylea, I think) encompasses so much more than the Elder Wars. It is a history of an Elder. I think to me, like @Lantra, there is a question on how this book comes to pass, how it looks. I don't know if Terentia would have a formal book either, but what the "Book of Terentia" would be is something that shows and explains where she comes from and how she is what she is now. What I do know is that there will be two different "Books of Terentia." Mainly because there is the history of Terentia as Terentia (and particular individuals who are important to her, Meridian e.g.), but there is also the history of Terentia in relation to a whole slew of other gods by virtue of leading a formation.
    2. IC: This is a hard one and not easy to share because of what of Terentia's history would be replaced. When this history becomes available, I will share. OOC: I will have to think about this one more. Sorry! 
    3. Engage with players (in Order or non-Order situations) without the assumption that if you aren't a good combatant that Terentia doesn't care about you.
    4. Be straightforward in a way that doesn't mince words. 
    5. There are a bunch of real world logic games and puzzles that I have on my list to reproduce in some way in Lusternia. I've always dreamed about figuring out how to make the mancala game work that I received from the departing MKO team forever ago. Maybe I will try to go back to that sometime soon.
  • edited July 2021
    Lantra said:
    I have a question for my fellow Havens Divine: If you could trade godroles for a day to see how life is like in someone else's immortal shoes, which god would you make the deal with? Just 24 hours of swanning around as someone else!

I think taking @Drocilla for a spin would be fascinating. That delicious, delicious betrayal of Li-varili. What a fun role.

I would personally love to play @Maylea for a day. There's no greater reason here other than I have a lot of knowledge about flower meanings and their uses/capabilities, and the only time I've really gotten to use it during my history as Mysrai was when my priest was asked to marry Nepenthe and Afrit.

Ayisdra said:

1. The Book of Mysrai was written, memorised, shared among Certain Other NPCs (spoilers ;) ), and then destroyed. Mysrai is a divine who is not meant to dwell on the past, which is one of Their greatest weaknesses and limitations in Their inability to accept the fate of Their sibling(s). Mysrai, in destroying this book, was saying that "The future and the present is where the attention of Lusternia must be if we are to survive".
    2. I would personally change it so that Zvoltz was on Mysrai's side after the Incident which wounded Ashtariel. Mysrai would change it so that Ashtariel was never wounded.
    3. Interact with each other without the fear and caution that comes with one party alleged to be a Primal god with a penchance for destruction.
    4. Keep a single form. Mysrai only does this when they are ill, and it only worsens Their mood and situation when They are unable (for whatever reason) to be as fluid and free as They so desire.
    5. Departing from the board games (I also would love to see Lusternian clue beyond Stewartsville): I'd love to see the Mesoamerican ball games. It seems like it would be really complicated and ruthless and fun. Aslaran and furrikin would definitely be at an advantage.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • edited July 2021
    My turn to ask some questions:
    IC:
    1. What is one animal that best represents your personality?
    2. How do you deal with stress?
    3. What is your favorite scenic area in the Basin?

OOC:
    1. What is your most memorable or favorite spontaneous (non-Event) RP moment?
    2. If you could go back and talk to your Ephemeral-self, what would you tell them?
    3. What is your favorite easter egg in the game?

• If you could pick a flower to represent your godrole, what would it be? This is excluding any that are already associated with Them in one form or another.

• I am here once again.

1. How would your godrole deal with being ill with something like the flu?
    2. What's the most hilarious thing you've accidentally seen/done to or with a mortal (and are willing to share)? (No need to name names of course!)

• This thread has been too quiet here recently. Inquiring minds would like to know:

1.) What is your favorite thing to do when you need a break from a project? 
    2.) What do you miss most about being a mortal?  Like an activity or a quest that you could mindlessly do.
    3.) What do you not miss about your mortal skin?
    4.) If you could do one thing to bring the basin together as your Divine self what would it be? Would He/She ever do it?
    5.) What FanFiction needs to be written about your Divine self and why?
  • Eve said:
    This thread has been too quiet here recently. Inquiring minds would like to know:

2.) What do you miss most about being a mortal?  Like an activity or a quest that you could mindlessly do.
    4.) If you could do one thing to bring the basin together as your Divine self what would it be? Would He/She ever do it?
    1.) Other than taking a break from Lusternia and taking a breather? Building, usually. A lot of my favorite work I've done in Lusternia hasn't actually been under Lantra's IC domain, but things I've written anonymously as an admin behind the scenes. I like piecing together stories in Lusternia and answering "What if?" questions through quest and area building: not just for Celest, but for the game as a whole. It's especially rewarding if I can churn out creative goodies for other admin, giving them toys I know they'll benefit from being put into the Lusternia universe. Year arcs are fulfilling because they scratch this itch as well, but they have a stricter timeline. If I'm puttering away at a brand new area behind the scenes, it's done when I want it to be. Works well as a backburner if you chip away at it slowly in your downtime.

2.) Being able to goof around more easily and fly under the radar. Lantra is a very serious character and she has little room for joking around or levity. I love that about her, but it's a static dynamic; her responses to various types of characters are set, and she will have limited changes in how she reacts to the world. It can also be frustrating to have those reactions interpreted as how I, the admin, feel about a player rather than how Lantra feels. This is to say that I can't just hop on an OOC clan and say, "PS, I'm not Lantra IRL." And this isn't even including the fact that when a god shows up, many players go completely silent and don't know what to do! NPCs can give more options, but it's not the same as just logging in and chilling at the nexus as a fun, low stakes alt.

3.) The mechanics and combat. The reluctant obligation to participate in political drama. Revolts/aetherflares/etc etc.

4.) This is an interesting question. I'll just say that Lantra believes she is always right and the sooner everyone else agrees to it and stops being Just Another Disappointment, the better.

5.) Thax x Lantra fanfiction, one-sided: unrequited love turned to hate from the metal man in a suit for the goddess who views him as the embodiment of everything wrong in the world. Mm, angsty angst. Delicious.
    Avatar by Sam Smith. You can follow her on Twitter here.
  • Eve said:
    This thread has been too quiet here recently. Inquiring minds would like to know:

1. Like, any kind of project or a Lusternia specific project? Ultimately the both are the same kind of thing, but they end up being done for different reasons--i.e. playing video games of some kind, haha. For Lusternia at least, I usually turn to them for some sort of inspiration or ideas to think through ruts.
    2. I don't really miss being a mortal, but I do always going to Shallach and bashing the orcs. There was something very nice about the simplicity of that area. 
    3. The feeling of guilt about not investing time or energy in an alt when my "main" was all equipped and good to go; the feeling that I didn't have much interest in my "main."
    4. This is a hard question. I think the problem is, unless there are certain circumstances, Terentia (and maybe all Warrior Elders) would have little need to "bring the basin together." 
    5. I don't really read fanfiction, so I have no idea what would need to be written about Terentia or why. 
    (PS--take this meager post as a sign that I have passed through my exams--so expect Terentia soonish... hopefully 🙈)
  • Terentia said
    I don't really miss being a mortal, but I do always going to Shallach and bashing the orcs. There was something very nice about the simplicity of that area. 

Some of their saying when I was a novice, good grief. 
  • Eve said:

1. When I need to take a break from a Lusternia project, I will go in one of two directions depending on why I need a break: I'll dive in and help with someone else's project, or I will dive in to any number of video games. For me as a newer admin, doing things with or for other members of the team is a great way for me to learn. Like @Lantra, it can also reinvigorate my creativity and inspire me again, and it also just feels good to contribute to the health and energy of the entire game. If I've temporarily exhausted that creativity, like @Terentia I will often find it in the stories and conflicts of different roleplaying games I enjoy!

2. Like many players and admin, as a player I was (shockingly) really into creating things. When you're an admin, you still get to do that a lot, and your work definitely gets noticed and appreciated (even if players don't know it was your writing they enjoy!) but you don't really get to put your stamp on something and say, "That's me, I did that." That's why a lot of us thrive on any and every rave players post about logs, quests, areas, events, even short lines and small details - it feels good to be reminded that players take notice and enjoy what we do.

3. Worrying about whether my designs will be approved in time for important events!

4. By persuasion or by force? Because ideally, the Basin would just wake up one day and see how badly they need Moon and Seralem in their lives, but she wouldn't go and grab the Nature Seal to do it. Really. I promise.

5. Obviously, the fanfic where Lisaera didn't become a traitor to the Traitors. Lisaera and Drocilla teaming up to save the world at any cost!