Newly back to the game after 6 years

Hey there, I'm a level 80 Nihilist(Magnagora) newly coming back to the game. I've been starting up playing and I've kind of been running into confusion as to what to do and what is going on. I know that's really general/vague, so specifically I was wondering if anyone could help me out with. 
1. Big stuff that's changed that I should look into
2. What I should be trying to do (in terms of asap stuff. I don't know how important it is to be getting equipment, what kind, what important stuff I lost while I was gone, ect.)
3. Places to refresh myself on important in game info (Off the top of my head the city ranks for Magnagora. I'm a master, but I have no clue what that means, I know a lot of information was in books, but I don't really know where to start)
4. How to get any kind of hints for quests/getting into areas. Most of the quests I'm running into I'm feeling a bit lost, and just trying to get into the catacombs of the dead has me stumped, even after clearing Shallach. 
5. Any kind of tips for a high level player. My few surviving 6 year memories are telling me that I wasn't sure what I should be doing at a high level, so I'm extra baffled now. 

Thank you so much for any help you can give. 

Comments

• I'll condense all my answers here.

Normally, you would want to speak to your city mates - they are the best persons to ask about city stuff. Also, we have Lusternia discord (although I do not use much myself), you may find people are more responsive there.

Regarding bashing/levelling as level 80, aetherhunts are still a viable option, otherwise, astral hunting works. You may want to invest in the current meta when it comes to bashing which are gnomeweapons. Then of course the basics like gumball, fireball, charms, etc. For more details, I highly recommend that you ask ingame, the NEWBIE channel is available even if you are not a newbie.

When it comes to gold, you may want to explore influencing or questing to supplement what you get from bashing...

• Regarding quests specifically, something like Catacombs of the Dead will have you stumped for sure. Very old quests, like the one there, have very little going on in terms of quest hints/prompts. Explanations might be very vague or non-existent. I'd suggest starting with newer quests instead, they are much more user friendly and will have better explanations. Have a look at HELP QUESTS to begin with, it has explanations of all the newer systems. While in an area of interest check QUESTS HERE for a list of available quests. If there is a quest in the area but it's not on that list, it just means it has not been converted to the new system yet. Checking information on that quest will show you the starting denizen to poke for details about the quest.

As Qoivhae mentions, you'll get the most answers out of folks either in-game (most orgs also have OOC org channels), or on Discord. See HELP DISCORD in-game for the invite.

Welcome back!

• Urieth said:
    Hey there, I'm a level 80 Nihilist(Magnagora) newly coming back to the game. I've been starting up playing and I've kind of been running into confusion as to what to do and what is going on. I know that's really general/vague, so specifically I was wondering if anyone could help me out with. 
    1. Big stuff that's changed that I should look into
    2. What I should be trying to do (in terms of asap stuff. I don't know how important it is to be getting equipment, what kind, what important stuff I lost while I was gone, ect.)
    3. Places to refresh myself on important in game info (Off the top of my head the city ranks for Magnagora. I'm a master, but I have no clue what that means, I know a lot of information was in books, but I don't really know where to start)
    4. How to get any kind of hints for quests/getting into areas. Most of the quests I'm running into I'm feeling a bit lost, and just trying to get into the catacombs of the dead has me stumped, even after clearing Shallach. 
    5. Any kind of tips for a high level player. My few surviving 6 year memories are telling me that I wasn't sure what I should be doing at a high level, so I'm extra baffled now. 

Thank you so much for any help you can give. 

Welcome back!

1. Hard to say, not knowing exactly when you were last around, but we haven't had anything major or earthshattering in awhile, so there aren't any super complex changes you'll have to adapt to. 

2. This will depend a lot of what you want to prioritize, between bashing, influencing, group content, RP, designing, etc. If you ask around the city, we can get you re-set up with the basics pretty quickly and point you in the right direction for the rest. 

3. If you go through CHELP, we have a pretty comprehensive list of everything applying to the city in general, ranks included (Master specifically is a middle rank in the city). 

4. As far as quests and how to get around, this is also something you can ask for help with over CT, as you can usually do it pretty clearly in character. Discord is also a really good place to go for help on this and a lot of other things. 

5. Once you're over 80, the next step in general is the push to demigod. Others are more experienced at how best to hunt than I am, but as said above, aetherhunts are pretty effective, as is group astral hunting. Aside from leveling, increasing your rank in the city is a good goal, as participating in timequakes and revolts and the like will push you through that fairly quickly, and will then pay off in credits once you hit max rank. Assuming the city leader gets around to doing that stuff regularly. Beyond that you can look to rising in guild rank or looking to advance your own storyline in whatever way you want to move it. Most of us are more than happy to play along when someone starts RP-ing at us. 

Aside from all that, echoing above, Discord is a great place to look for advice, and asking around the city is also a good way to get people involved.