What am I missing? Willpower regeneration.

It's taking an obnoxious amount of time to regenerate willpower after a 30 minute hunt. I had to meditate almost as long (26 minutes) as I spent hunting to regen to full.

Details:
55th level
Guild: Institute
Using cosmicfire as my hunting attack
Up to masochism in Discipline (which I think helps will regen?)

So the question is, what am I doing wrong to either make willpower drop so fast or take so long to regenerate?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• Thanks for the replies. Where does one find a willpower regen room?

Here's a direct copy from HELP DISCIPLINE:

9.1.7 THE DISCIPLINE SKILL (Common)

The training and honing of your willpower falls under the skill of
    Discipline. The primary benefit is increasing your rate of power renewal.
    There are also a handful of useful skills that are acquired that flow
    from the mastery of your will. Also, your willpower will regenerate faster
    the greater your skill in Discipline.

I don't know if that means it actually pulses faster but a quick test showed that my meditate pulses every 6 seconds and regens 20 willpower per pulse.
  • From HELP MANSE ARTIFACTS:

Willpower Gem (100 credits)
      - Turns a room to a Willpower Regeneration Room
      - One use, then disappears
      - Use ACTIVATE <gem>

• Do rooms Willpower Regeneration Rooms created with Willpower Gems regen aetherwill? If so, those should be all over aetherships.
  • Cadfael said:
    Do rooms Willpower Regeneration Rooms created with Willpower Gems regen aetherwill? If so, those should be all over aetherships.
    I think they did at one point, but not anymore.
  • Does kirigami give a straight half your will on pop? It's always seemed way less than that for me, closer to a fifth or so, and it's definitely not half my endurance. Worth using either way, though.
  • I think it regens based on what you have lost; so you'll get twice as much back if you're completely drained as opposed to just half drained.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No, Willpower gems don't help with aetherwill. Pretty sure.

What race are you, Kandus? I'm not logged in at the moment.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Cadfael said:
    Do rooms Willpower Regeneration Rooms created with Willpower Gems regen aetherwill? If so, those should be all over aetherships.
    They do not (Talan and I tested it a while back).

Kirigami gives you half back of what you've lost, as Ssaliss stated.  It's very useful.

I believe Gaudiguch has the Chessboard right now, so you can touch that once per RL day for a full endurance / willpower refresh.

Use things like the Kingdom enchant to reduce how much you clot; clotting added to regular bashing spam eats through willpower fast at lower levels.

Unfortunately, things like Discipline's regeneration are based off of total lessons invested and not on rank... so you would need to invest many more lessons to see any real difference.

When all else fails and you are truly desperate, just run into a gravedigger pit or a room of cavefishers / snow cats and let them eat you.  Just arrange for someone to immolate or revive the body (I'm guessing you don't have a homunculus).  I don't remember if a vitae death restores endurance / willpower.