IronCon 2013

I just want to say: Thank you to everyone who was there, for helping make it an extraordinarily fun weekend.

There are far too many highlights to recount (and some which probably shouldn't be), but Estarra has a ton of pictures that she might be persuaded to share once she's recovered from the plane trip home.

Some of the great moments include (and only a small sample thereof) Shikari and Nocht, period.  I wasn't expecting Nocht to be present, and he is just as silent as his character... except on some of the game's features where he is extraordinarily passionate (in a great way).  And I've never been able to stop raving about Shikari!

Sojiro gave an excellent tour of the Strip pre-Con and we got to turn down hundreds of offers for all kinds of services and scams designed to part us from our wallets- as well as finding the food court on the Strip where one can actually eat at a reasonable rate.

Krellan is confusing as all heck.

Kelly, Xena, and Knorrith are all incredibly entertaining and fun people who kept me involved and out of my shell throughout.  Perhaps out of my comfort zone a few times as well (here's looking at you especially, Krellan).

Wuy suggested heading out early one morning, so we got to experience walking through Vegas in July, with a brief stop at Farmer Boy's for breakfast and milkshakes.  And of course, one cannot leave out Skye, who quietly taps away on his keyboard until engaged in conversation and then he's all in.

As far as the rest of the Administration goes: It was so awesome to see just how much these individuals have invested and care about the game, even when they don't really have the time to be visibly active, but I can't claim those stories!

Comments

• I do have a question, did everyone call each other by their character names?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I used Xena's real name perhaps 30% of the time, and Kelly's real name approximately 98% of the time.  Sojiro's name perhaps... 2% of the time.  I just like saying Sojiro.
  • I'm glad you all could come and enjoyed it! The yearly meets are always a lot of fun. Spread the word so we can get more people next year. :)
    I thought we were at capacity?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Should try holding it on the East Coast next time - like Boston or NYC! Hope to make it to the next one.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Have it in Honolulu! =p  (Seriously though, I was surprised at how cheap it is for me to fly from New Zealand to Honolulu through Hawaiian Airlines)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Pretty much the most fun ever.  So many awesome players and admin. (Terentia :X)

<3 you Shuyin, Xenthos, Krellan, Knorrith and Kelly for all the awesome car rides and crazy nights.

Thank you Kelly most of all  for putting up with my weird music and obnoxious moments (you know what I'm talking about) =D
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • I FB stalked the photos, looks like you guys had fun. I'm a little jealous. Maybe next time >_>
    Last night's music was definitely pulse-pounding.
  • Xenthos said:
    Last night's music was definitely pulse-pounding.
    shhhhhh o.o
    -----

Nilofer says, "Xena is here, riding Xena, the Xenaesque Xena. She is wielding Xena in both of her hands."
  • Thank you all for hanging out with us and getting to know us! :) It was fun meeting the players who attended and I hope we can meet up again in the future.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I'm glad that you all had fun, and I can't contain my jealousy regarding the fact that I couldn't make it down there despite having bought a ticket. I sincerely hope that this happens again next year, and that my life situation will be better suited to the trip at that time. 

P.S. - I'm really looking forward to the pictures!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Kagato said:
    Have it in Honolulu! =p  (Seriously though, I was surprised at how cheap it is for me to fly from New Zealand to Honolulu through Hawaiian Airlines)

Seconded.  I'll be living in Honolulu in 2014.  Please?

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Very jealous.  Sounds like you guys had a ball!!

Love to find a way to get to one someday.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Tetra said:

Kagato said:

Seconded.  I'll be living in Honolulu in 2014.  Please?
    Have it on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia!!  Even closer for you Kagato (and nice and close for me and Lavy
      ;) )

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Shuyin said:

-Learning that Xena is pure as the driven snow. She refuses to be an accomplice to my parking deceit.

So bad. I couldn't do it!
    -----

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I echo all of the raving sentiments about IronCon. I can't say enough to express how much fun I had, and I get this goofy smile every time I think about it. I am not exaggerating or over-generalizing when I say that everyone I met, players and Admin alike, was super awesome! So many interesting and genuinely fun people, who had great stories about Lusternia and were great to hang out with.

Some of my highlights:
    - Mad props to Xena for driving to IronCon in 100+ degree weather, for six hours, while her car AC crapped out halfway. Also thanks to the Aetolian who fixed it, and so much appreciation to Xena for driving us everywhere and being way too nice about it!
    - Thanks to Estarra/Roark for the powwow on combat changes. I appreciated the insight and opportunity to give some feedback. And generally thanks to all the Admin for listening to our woes and soliciting suggestions. (I await my 50m-essence zap curio!)
    - Before I left, I made it one of my IronCon goals to troll-raid the Gods from the hotel/estate, but I am pretty sure that I was out-trolled by far. And it was great. Damn dat Cheshire Cat.
    - Thanks to everyone that had to suffer uncomfortable intimacy with me in the backseat, but we all know that we liked it.
    - It was really awesome to meet Terentia, who's a super fun and genuine person, despite killing my cult and attempting to toadcurse me. And then maggoting me.
    - Thanks to Shuyin and Krellan for teaching us craps, and damn Shuyin for leading me astray. Also thanks for the lessons in griefing, and the sweet hotel room! I am also convinced that Krellan is a spy. And it was an excellent moment to help Shuyin get free water in the gay club. It is harder than it sounds.
    - Xena is the best, for many reasons, even if she did brutally kill me and then troll me in real life. (It was awesome.)

Thanks all for an amazing weekend, and for a great birthday! Looking forward to something next year!
  • Xena said:
    Shuyin said:

-Learning that Xena is pure as the driven snow. She refuses to be an accomplice to my parking deceit.

So bad. I couldn't do it!
    I have seen you, Xena.  And I cannot unsee it.

Please Come2Glom so we can be friends.  You seem fabulous^2 :(
  • All I summarized from the above is that I am a confusing shady spy that makes people uncomfortably intimate during car rides that are never normal

I had fun, even if I did only figure out whether or not I'd have a roof over my head literally night by night.
  • I had some doubts about travelling to Vegas for IronCon, especially since I've been detached from the game for a while - but now I'm 110% glad I did it. Awesome resort, even more awesome people. Next time will be better since we all know each other's faces now. I'll continue to attend even if I become that weird old-timer who sits in the corner and doesn't play anymore :P
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Xena v Kelly at IronCon

I was not entirely sober.
  • Kelly said:
    Xena v Kelly at IronCon

Hey!!! that is my excuse :D

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.

Kelly said:
    And it was an excellent moment to help Shuyin get free water in the gay club. It is harder than it sounds.
    That bartender did not prefer my particular wares, but apparently others did. Especially once you, ah, classed me up (down).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kelly said:

Xena v Kelly at IronCon

Lol'd so hard.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kelly said:
    Xena v Kelly at IronCon

When inquisition hit I was like NOOOOOOOO D=
    -----

• Check out Matt Mihaly's personal compilation video for IronCon!

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Iosai said:
    Check out Matt Mihaly's personal compilation video for IronCon!

This just makes me even more heartbroken that I couldn't go... 

Did anyone manage to get a group picture of the Lusternians who made it (possibly also with name captions)?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Does anyone know what happened to the photos for Iron Con 2013?? I can't find them anywhere :(
    -----

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    It's a pity that IIRC the subsequent IC didn't get enough people for it to go ahead, with the entire thing being apparently shelved.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?