Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• NOBODY PANIC. I GOT DIS.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm not quite sure what the hell I just read.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Apparently Estarra turned gay because Avechna sexed up Kethuru. ... People, you ARE aware that Avechna is a male, right?
    Morkarion said:

I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.

• Daraius said:
    What happened to titles and names? Everywhere I look I see maidens and justiciars and who knows what else. I have to do 'who here' just to see who's here.  #:-S
    Just clicking 'agree' didn't seem like enough. It's really off-putting.

I guess the answer is to script a little window to read the GMCP and display who is in the room at all times, like the web client has. Though it's not entirely combat-related, these masks are definitely part of the "feature creep" that makes it frustrating to keep up with this game if you leave it for a little while. Now you need to do something special just to see who you're interacting with.

I guess these have been around for months at this point, so it's not like they are going away - but I wish they would at least fade at log-off or aggressive action or something. I am not sure people even remember they are wearing them half the time.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I have to be reminded that I'm a squonk occasionally. >_> So it's possible.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    They drop when someone is unable to be masochistic.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I feel like it would be really confusing for a newbie. Heck, I'm far from a newbie and even I thought they were NPC's or something.

But is it like an artifact or dingbat item or what?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited August 2013
    Daraius said:
    I feel like it would be really confusing for a newbie. Heck, I'm far from a newbie and even I thought they were NPC's or something. But is it like an artifact or dingbat item or what?
    I don't think it's any more confusing for a newbie than people being shrouded/hidden in some form (as it happens I deliberately don't shroud myself because I want newbies to be able to see that they're not alone in the world!).

ETA: Oh, and some of them are stoles (Order artifacts - the justicars and savages and so forth), some of them are curio masks.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    And that, Daraius, is why you need to quit being gone for long periods of time.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited August 2013
    It is frustrating, I still doubletake when I walk by the Matrix and see two justicars, a maiden, a bird of paradise and a falcon standing around. (although Isune's order just got them relatively recently, so once the novelty's worn off, people may not be using them as much)

And I remember how utterly exasperating and confusing I found everyone being shrouded when I was a novice. Particularly some of the higher ups in my guild, so, like Tacita, I avoid shrouding.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I never shrouded for the longest time (for that reason). Then a silly present gave me a shroud of shadows, and I felt obligated to use it. :(
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Thul said:
    I have to be reminded that I'm a squonk occasionally. >_> So it's possible.
    This happens to me too. I usually just slip them on for given situations, but can also completely forget that I'm wearing them.
  • KioKio
    edited August 2013
    Shikistoles are too awesome not to wear 100% of the time, all the time.

Sorry guys, I've released my inner savage AND IT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE.

Except maybe in your face. With an athame.
    I don't see myself ever wanting to de-stole. Too much love for Discipline and War.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Apparently Estarra turned gay because Avechna sexed up Kethuru. ... People, you ARE aware that Avechna is a male, right?
    Morkarion said:
    It's like you've never spent a month reading harry potter fanfiction in which Lupus drinks a sex change potion and ends up sharing a tender night with Hagrid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Finchy said:
    Apparently Estarra turned gay because Avechna sexed up Kethuru. ... People, you ARE aware that Avechna is a male, right?
    Morkarion said:
    It's like you've never spent a month reading harry potter fanfiction in which Lupus drinks a sex change potion and ends up sharing a tender night with Hagrid.
    Don't know whether to thank you or damn you. Enoby 4eva! Morkarion iz a prep!!!
    Finchy said:

Tridemon said:

Apparently Estarra turned gay because Avechna sexed up Kethuru. ... People, you ARE aware that Avechna is a male, right?

Morkarion said:

No, I have never done this.

I find myself suffering from a significant lack of desire to do so, actually.
    edited August 2013
    Why would he need a sex change potion to spend a tender night with Hagrid you heteronormative bigot :-w
    I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Why would he need a sex change potion to spend a tender night with Hagrid you heteronormative bigot :-w
    Because Hagrid isn't gay or bi? I know, hard to believe considering the way he looks, but eh, entirely possible.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Daraius said:
    No one said he needed one, just that he got one then spent a tender night later on, the two may have no effect on each other.

• Daraius said:
    The sex change potion also serves as a lubricant.

Read a book, people.
    I read many, many books.

I am glad to report that they do not contain such details.
  • Xenthos said:
    I read many, many books.

I am glad to report that they do not contain such details.
    Neither did Harry potter until fanfiction happened.

Fan fiction: Expanding on the universe beyond your wildest dreams. Including those dreams. Especially those ones.
    You may enjoy the fanfiction, and I will stick to the science fiction.
  • Xenthos said:
    You may enjoy the fanfiction, and I will stick to the science fiction.
    Wait we're supposed to -enjoy- fan fiction?

So back to this mask/stole issue...

Not sure yet how I should react to these in-role. So far I've just pretended everything was normal, but maybe I should make a bigger deal about not recognizing people with these things.
    I used to make cakes.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I am the only one running around with a chicken mask. I am the specialest snowflake.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    So back to this mask/stole issue... Not sure yet how I should react to these in-role. So far I've just pretended everything was normal, but maybe I should make a bigger deal about not recognizing people with these things.
    I guess, in theory, people are supposed to actually be transformed by masks/stoles. Ask Elanorwen to demonstrate her turning into a statue trick sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
This discussion has been closed.