NaNoWriMo 2012

So we've had a few people do this over the years, anyone attempting it this year?

Maybe writing some massive lusternian fan-fiction? Using it as the encouragement to write that ic novel?

www.nanowrimo.org for info

Comments

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I'm seriously considering participating since it will piggyback quite well with my Bachelor of Arts (Majoring in Creative Writing) that I'm doing at the moment (sadly due to financial issues I need to take a break from study next year T_T)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Yep, I'm in. Trying to win for the third year running.
  • I'm in! I've tried multiple years and haven't won yet but who knows, this just might be it.
  • I will be giving it my first attempt this year.
    Honestly, the trick is to keep doing something every day. Even if you don't think you can do the full word count for each day, get something done. It will make you feel a lot better.
  • This looks fun, but it coincides with exam times. Going to spend all of November writing term papers. Otherwise I'd join. I like writing and reading stuff.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Somewhat against my better judgement, I'll be doing this. My apologies to any Hallifaxians for the sudden drop in Lusternian writing output.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Isune said:
    Oh gosh, my best NaNo was something like 35,000 words. Good luck to everyone participating! I ought to give my Eventru x Zvoltz fanfic a go. ;)
    Quick, before Lyreth gets back from the grocer.
    After failing with my attempt to start an original fantasy again this year, I've somehow ended up...writing a Lusternian novel. And the word count is flowing so much smoother this time!
    With apologies for the double post, I'm curious to know how other people are getting on!

Moving house and illness flaring up have put me about 10,000 words behind, but I'm about to sit down and push to get myself to 30k. I have at least now plotted out the rest of the story, so I know where I'm going with them :)