Would you attend IronCon June 7th-9th?

edited December 2012 in Meet and Greet
Location: A private 'tropical' estate a 5-10 minute cab ride from the Las Vegas strip. It's got multiple pools, multiple hot tubs, a water slide, a separate 'game house' with formal poker table, big screens, pool table, and is absolutely gigantic and impressive in general. You can see the property here: http://www.vrbo.com/314647 

What Happens At IronCon?: This isn't a typical convention. Think of it more as a meet that's organized by Iron Realms than a typical Con. The festivities would kick off here Friday early evening and go until late, then pick up again the next afternoon and go until late. Play poker or pool! Geek out with board games and competitive video games. Enter a contest, lounge in the pools and hot tubs. Hang out and chat with the various Gods and IRE employees that will be there. And of course, you're free to head off with a group to hit the town any time too.

Cost: $100. What's Included: 200 bound credits on the character of your choice, the estate and its amenities, snacks, drinks on-site (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), a commemorative t-shirt and general fun for the weekend.

What's Not Included: Transportation to Vegas or within Vegas, your hotel room (though we will set up a group rate at one of the convenient nearby hotels), full meals (though we'll be providing lots of snacks). If you share a room with someone, you should be able to get decent rooms on the Strip for about $60/person/night.

Please note: This event is not finalized yet. It may not even happen. This is a hypothetical question at the moment to help us decide whether we can afford to do this or not. Unless you're pretty sure you'd be able to come, please don't select the 'yes' option.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    First vote.  Hooray.
    edited November 2012
    What, it flags my post, too?  How weird.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but it leaves me feeling very pink.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    It's far away and too expensive, so there's no way I'd be able to attend. Alas.
    Oh come on, you put on details after I vote & reply?

:(
  • FYI, I'd definitely be there. I clicked the wrong button thingie and now not sure how to change my vote... SILLY FORUMS!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Xenthos said:
    What, it flags my post, too?  How weird.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but it leaves me feeling very pink.
    At least you don't have to feel a weird orangey beige. Want to trade?
    edited November 2012
    Estarra said:
    FYI, I'd definitely be there. I clicked the wrong button thingie and now not sure how to change my vote... SILLY FORUMS!
    I... was trying to figure out how to ask why you weren't going to be there, without posting yet again apparently to myself.
    Phoebus said:

At least you don't have to feel a weird orangey beige. Want to trade?

Yes.
    All right guys, you can't leave me hanging here.

If I can vote yes, so can you!
    Thank you, Zvoltz.

No, I am not stalking the votes.
  • I'm here for you, man.

• I will go or die trying.
    That's commitment.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Sounds like fun, and I have a couple of friends over from Imperian that I might travel with to make costs more affordable! :) So... Yes for now!

• I can't see the results without voting, and I won't know until the spring if I can take the time off and afford it. :( Waaah!
  • I'd go but it's like... $1500 just for the flight so... maybe not while I'm still a student :P
    Would you attend IronCon June 7th-9th?12 votes
    Yes, I'd probably go.
    58%
    ZyphoraSiorZvoltzShikariNochtXenthosRaezon 7 votes
    Nope. Not interested.
    0%
    Nope. Interested but can't make it.
    41%
    PhoebusSaranNeosLoivaeEstarra 5 votes
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **

Oh I wish. I wiiiish.

:(

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I will most-likely be able to go, depending on where I am and if I can take the time off.

• Nope. I'm broke and have things to do.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can I just say this sounds really awesome? Darn America to heck for being so far away from Australia!

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I know the feeling Lavinya.  Sometimes I really hate being stuck in NZ (even if it IS the birthplace of the galactic empire...)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Come on Lavinya! 

Vadi and I will try our best. But geez. Lots of planning to do to make that happen. And if we go, I expect all of Glomdoring to be there. :-w
  • We'll have our own con and it'll be awesome.
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    We'll have a European one too. Cause £800 just for the flight...that's 1/4 of the money I need to pay my remaining uni fees. Maybe if I win the lottery. (To do that I would of course need to play the lottery...).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Tempting. However, if I were to go to Vegas it would be to throw money at strippers and drink myself into oblivion.

You could still do that, too!
  • Not unless I get a very well-paying job in the next couple of months :(
  • If you come, Celina, I will take you and Xenthos out to throw money at strippers.
  • If not for the fact that I've another con trip in July [and that to be feasible I'd have to convince @Everiine to come with] I'd be all for it.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Shikari said:
    If you come, Celina, I will take you and Xenthos out to throw money at strippers.
    If you come, Celina, I will take you and some of the crazier admin out to throw money at strippers.

Looking at you, Calythan.