Morkarion's Ascension

edited August 2013 in Event Scrolls
I was asked to log this as a 'fly on the wall', here's the log!

Dipping his hand into a shadow cauldron, Kio pulls out a long shadow and releases it into the air.
The room darkens with the churning darkness.

Svorai kneels and reverently places a palm on the ground. The stalk of a plant pushes up from the earth and forms a bud, which then unfolds and blossoms into a golden flower. Svorai reaches out and cups the flower in her hands which shimmers into a sacred golden sickle.

Svorai Stormcrow takes her golden sickle in her right hand and after turning it in her hands, as though to test the weight of it, she grips it firmly.

Svorai Stormcrow looks thoughtful and says, "I see we are all prepared."

Svorai Stormcrow takes a few steps to separate herself from those gathered, and stands before the Master Ravenwood. She looks at Morkarion for a long moment, then lets her gaze fall on each person  present. Her eyes seek to meet each person in the crowd.

Sweeping her hand in an arc, Svorai Stormcrow says, "My brethren -- welcome." Her voice is clear as she says, "You have come here to witness an extraordinary thing, made possible... by your extraordinary efforts. Today, we celebrate our accomplishments."

Her gaze settling on Morkarion, Svorai Stormcrow says, "And we prepare ourselves for the future, glorious and wholly ours."

Svorai Stormcrow's dark hair shifts in languid ripples as she takes a step towards Morkarion.

Svorai Stormcrow says to Morkarion, "Forge-born, you stand here today as one of a great host." She turns to one side, to face the crowd once more, gesturing to them with the curved edge of her sickle. Her voice low, she says to Morkarion, "The Wyrden Host has chosen to imbue you with the power of the Glomdoring, to raise you as a banner of their triumph."
Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Crow! Mighty Crow! Glorious Crow!"
Brennan Stormcrow grovels pathetically in the dirt.

Svorai Stormcrow casts Brennan an amused smirk, before returning her attention to Morkarion.

Lowering her blade, Svorai Stormcrow says to Morkarion, "What we ask of you is no trivial thing, and what we expect of you is a great burden."

Svorai Stormcrow says to Morkarion, "Before I ask the guilds of the Dark Heart to offer their gestures of tribute..." Her tone becomes somewhat sombre as she says, "I would ask an oath from you, that all here may witness and hold to you."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt nods silently to Svorai.

Svorai Stormcrow says to Morkarion, "These words you have spoken before," She smiles softly and says, "But never before were they so meaningful."

Svorai begins to wield a golden sickle in her left hand.

Morkarion nods his head at Svorai.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Very well."

Svorai Stormcrow tilts her head very slightly as though to listen to Morkarion and holds her sickle comfortably before her.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "To the Wyrd, I vow my loyalty, to its children, my service. The forest is my hearth and the commune, my home. I shall defend it with every part of me. For ever I am able, I shall know this as my duty. These things I swear before Mighty Crow and Mother Night - may I be cast out in Their names if I am ever found false. I am one of many, and we many are all one."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Svorai Stormcrow smiles and says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "Glory be to GLomdoring!"

The soft susurration of ethereal voices precedes a swirling cloud of shadows, which forms in the air around Morkarion. After lethargically circling him, the cloud stills and dissipates unobtrusively, the murmuring voices trailing into silence.

Thul d'Illici intones, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Rialorm, Wyrden Sting says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "Glory be to the Glomdoring."

Penumbra Tarkenton says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Fly Armaros, Ward of the Wyrd says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Ragniliff Stormcrow says, "Glory be to Glomdoring.."

Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody smiles and says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Fly Areka, Ward of the Wyrd says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Kethaera, Echo of the Wyrd says, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Svorai Stormcrow smiles softly and nods at Morkarion.

To those present, Svorai Stormcrow says, "You have all heard his oath. Witness, and remember."

Svorai Stormcrow takes a step backward, her eyes finding Valonah's. She smiles and inclines her head respectfully.

Svorai Stormcrow says to Valonah, "My Queen, if you will."

Valonah nods her head at Svorai.

Shadows coalesce around Valonah's form, who bows her head in reverence.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness positions herself in front of Morkarion as she finishes linking the present shadowdancers to her coven. One by one she motions for them to join her around Morkarion encircling him.

Valonah links hands with Kio, Tarkenton, and Rancoura, forming a circle.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness begins to sway back and forth slowly, moving with purpose as she presses her lips and stares at Morkarion. Slowly she closes her eyes and begins to hum a dark soothing tune, the shadows darken around her form spreading out and linking the Shadowdancers beside her.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness smiles happily as she continues to hum. Her shadows join the others in dance and continue to darken all those within her circle, weaving and lashing as her gaze fixes upon Morkarion with purpose.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness releases the hands of those to her left and right. Raising up as she makes a soft twirl in the air, she produces a single midnight black rose. Her lavender hair bounces as she hovers up over the form of Morkarion giving him a sly wink as she leans in closer toward him.

In a sweet chilled whisper, Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness says, "Chosen one, Mother Night speaks Her truths to you, ascending one. Her shadows rain upon you bringing you ever more the Wyrden truths of our wood. May the shadows be your guide and Her will be done."

Valonah grabs Morkarion by the back of the neck and pulls him forward into an embrace, pressing her lips against the neck. As shadows twine between them, Morkarion grows pale and haggard, while Valonah grows stronger and more hale.

Winking slyly at Morkarion, Valonah gives a midnight black rose to Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt.

Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness dances and twirls back to her position besides her coven members turning to face Morkarion as she returns her haunting dark hum. She motions with a nod for her coven members to do the same.

Rancoura inclines her head politely to Valonah.

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced slowly steps forward, making nary a sound save for the soft whispering of her robes along the grass. Coming to a halt before Morkarion, she delicately offers to him a stygian-petaled rose.

Morkarion inclines his head politely to Rancoura.

Tendrils of shadow drifting from the rose now in Morkarion's hand to her own, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "A great power awaits you, Forge-born, of which you can now only fathom." As she speaks, the tendrils break, dissipating into the air. "Be wary, child of Glomdoring, that it is the power of this forest. The very same that thrums within the soils beneath your feet.""

With solemn coolness, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "A power borne of our Great Spirits, of the very essence that is Wyrd. I offer my blessing, as granted by the ineffable beauty of our Night.""

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced moves closer to Morkarion, slowly wrapping her hand around the back of his neck. Her dark, penetrating gaze staring deeply into his eyes as she leans in towards him, she quietly whispers, "Carry always Her darkness in your heart."

Rancoura grabs Morkarion by the back of the neck and pulls him forward into an embrace, pressing her lips against the neck. As shadows twine between them, Morkarion grows pale and haggard, while Rancoura grows stronger and more hale.

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced takes a deep breath, at last stepping back. Opening her dark eyes, they swirl with shadows anew, and she steps slowly backwards, gaze affixed to Morkarion before silently withdrawing into the surrounding darkness.

Valonah nods her head at Tarkenton.

Tarkenton inclines his head politely to Valonah.

Penumbra Tarkenton hesitantly steps forward, taking the place of the two before him. Slowly, his expression seems to grow more resolved and confident, and he thrusts the rose at Morkarion in a savage manner. "Forge-Born, though I know you not other than by reputation, that reputation is of one who fights to his last defending the Glomdoring. It is appropriate that one such as you is chosen to ascend. I hope to come to know you in the battles to come, as you lead our forces to victory over those who don't yet know the sweet touch of Mother Night."

Morkarion's eyes sparkle with amusement at Tarkenton.

Penumbra Tarkenton grins at Morkarion, and steps back to the coven.

Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness smiles lazily as he gracefully walks toward Morkarion, humming a cold, grave tune under his breath. The darkness about him stirs as the chittering and giggling of countless small creatures can be heard. Stopping before Morkarion, a swarm of small shadowlings leap from the darkness, alighting themselves upon Kio's head and shoulders, their creepy grins accompanied by squeeky cheering.

Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness's eyes swirl with clear cerulean waters as he smiles at Morkarion.

Morkarion grins mischievously at Kio.

Smiling lazily beneath clear waters, Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness says to Morkarion, "Forge-born. I ain't much for words, but ya know that already. The folk here look ta ya as a leader- a combatant- and a role-model. Ya've earned these titles, and that's for damned sure."

Rustling through his belongings, Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness says to Morkarion, "But, Morkarion, ta me ya ain't none 'a these things."

Retrieving a bardiche swirling with shadows, Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness says to Morkarion, "To me, Morkarion, you're a friend."

His smile growing soft, Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness says to Morkarion, "I give ya my blessin', Forge-born. I'm proud 'a ya." He stops for a moment to admire the weapon in his hands. "...He's proud 'a ya, too."

Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness flashes a wide smile as the shadowlings about him giggle merrily and run off. Stepping back into the circle, he takes his place by Valonah.

Morkarion blinks.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt bows his head in thanks towards Kio, his mouth slightly wide in shock.

Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness's eyes ripple with clear cerulean waters as he flashes Morkarion a wide, lazy smile.

Svorai smiles softly.

Svorai Stormcrow inclines her head at Valonah, Rancoura, Tarkenton and Kio in turn. She seeks out Thul from the crowd and gestures with her hand for him to step forward.

Thul d'Illici nods solemnly and lowers his head, stepping forward into the darkness. He seems to vanish without trace for a moment, before he's suddenly there again, standing calmly in front of Morkarion.

Thul d'Illici intones to Morkarion, "Defender of the Wyrd, as you rise to be Glomdoring's next Vernal Ascendant, hold in your heart the virtues of Grandmother Scorpion."

Thul d'Illici intones, "She is the speed of Wasp, who strikes surely, swiftly, and decisively into her opponent. No mercy. No regrets."

Reverently, Thul d'Illici says, "She is the innovation of Beetle, who creates new techniques to confound the enemy. Tirelessly, she works to better herself in mind and in body."

Thul d'Illici intones, "She is the stealth of Bat, who never fears the unseen and whose ways shroud her actions from her prey."

Thul d'Illici intones, "She is the cunning of Spider, who patiently and carefully weaves her deadly web, ensnaring her opponents in her beautiful and inescapable embrace."

Solemnly, Thul d'Illici intones, "Grandmother Scorpion is the deadliest combatant."

Thul d'Illici raises his arms over his head, and a psionic thrumming permeates the area around him as his nekai float off of his hands and into the air.

Thul d'Illici brings his hands together, and his nekai sweep forward to Morkarion's shoulders, digging shallowly into the flesh and hovering there like twisted metal wings.

Thul d'Illici orates to Morkarion, "Scorpion's Claws shall never release their grip. Her will is unshakable. May you find the strength always to pursue your prey with the drive of Scorpion. Once your hands have tasted their flesh, then may you finish them swiftly, with grace and power."

Thul d'Illici draws his hands down in front of him once more, in a gesture of reverence. His nekai sweep backwards suddenly, looping down and then up once again to hover over Morkarion's head. For a brief instant, the air is painted with a thin curl of blood, giving Morkarion the likeness of a scorpion's tail.

Thul d'Illici orates to Morkarion, "Her strike is deadly, her venom fatal. Grandmother Scorpion holds power over our emotion and our action."

Thul d'Illici intones, "She is our wrath. Our passion. She holds the power of judgment over others, through mercy or through death. Yet she is the enchantress that piques our senses with the exotic and the unknown."

Thul d'Illici lowers his hands, and his nekai, hovering like an omen of death over Morkarion's head just a moment before, float delicately back to his side. The psionic thrumming ceases, leaving the area quiet.

Solemnly, Thul d'Illici intones to Morkarion, "Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, will you serve the Wyrd through your faith and through your blood?"

Nodding firmly, Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Thul, "I shall."

Nodding gravely, Thul d'Illici intones, "You have proven yourself worthy before Grandmother Scorpion and earned this station."

Thul d'Illici intones, "On behalf of the Cult of the Scorpion, I bless you, Vernal Ascendant."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt bows his head towards Thul, smiling slightly as he does so.

Thul d'Illici bows formally to Morkarion a faint hint of a smile touching his face.He then turns and strides into the darkness, seeming to evaporate into the very shadows.

Svorai Stormcrow nods appreciatively at Thul, watching him meld into the crowd. She then looks to Iorwen, and she nods at her.

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest looks to her fellow Blacktalon, meeting each of their eyes, before taking a step forward. She moves towards Morkarion, settling in front of him and smiling gently as she looks upon him.

Inhaling deeply and closing her eyes, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest recites, "The Wyrd is a real, palpable force, that drives us and spurs us forward in an endless pursuit of perfection. It is something that shapes everything and everyone it touches, changing them for the better."

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest turns from Morkarion to the assembled crowd, sweeping her hands outwards as she speaks and gesturing to each person.

Addressing those present, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest recites, "And it is our duty as Blacktalon, and as members of Glomdoring itself, to spread its influence to all corners of the Basin to shape the it in Glomdoring's image. Much as it is our duty to perfect ourselves, so that this may one day be achieved."

Spreading her wings and ruffling her feathers, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest recites, "The Blacktalon follow a set of guidelines, teachings that have been passed down through the generations from Brother Crow Himself. These are the four Aspects of Crow."

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest folds her wings neatly against her spine, smoothing out her feathers and robes calmly.

Turning back to her husband, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says to Morkarion, "We ask you, Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, to uphold Crow's ways and strive for perfection through His teachings."

Her gaze growing cold and crticial, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest asks Morkarion, "Will you uphold Crow's ways?"

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt nods silently to Iorwen.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says to Iorwen, "I will."

In a even, calm tone, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says to Morkarion, "Morkarion, you know well the benefits of patience and discipline. As Blood Thirst teaches us, we must starve ourselves by denying our own desires and needs. We must wait and only strike when the moment is right, if we are to claim victory."

Svorai Stormcrow intones, "We must embrace starvation, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "We must embrace starvation, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

Smiling softly, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says to Morkarion, "Your loyalty belongs to Glomdoring and its people. Temper your emotions and exploit the weaknesses of our enemies, in Glomdoring's name. Through the teachings of Black Sorrow, we learn to inflict the greatest suffering upon our prey without succumbing to it ourselves."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "We conquer our own turmoil, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

Svorai Stormcrow intones, "We conquer our own turmoil, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Inaryl of the Blackthorn says, "We conquer our own turmoil, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

With a sense of pride, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says to Morkarion, "Your path was predestined, set by Mother Night and Brother Crow. Realise your strength and do not falter from your course. You have always been strong. Write your own past as False Memory teaches us to do, and know a future that is free from weaknesses."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "We reject the delusions of others, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

Svorai Stormcrow intones, "We reject the delusions of others, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Inaryl of the Blackthorn says, "We reject the delusions of others, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

With finality, Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest says to Morkarion, "And always remember that by embracing the Glory of the Wyrd, our existence is given meaning. The pursuit of perfection requires absolute faith in Glomdoring and our own Dark Spirit. She brows her head, though her eyes never leave Morkarion, Go with Crow's blessing."

Svorai Stormcrow intones, "We live to serve the Merciless Forest, for nothing matters but Glomdoring."

Inaryl of the Blackthorn says, "We live to serve the Merciless Forest, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

Vadi Stormcrow says, "We live to serve the Merciless Forest, for Nothing Matters but Glomdoring."

Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest retreats back into the crowd, sparing Morkarion one final glance over her shoulder.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt bows his head towards the Blacktalon, as he silently mouths the words "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Svorai Stormcrow steps backwards, her expression fond as she regards Iorwen, Inaryl and Vadi.

Turning to Aleyah, Svorai Stormcrow says, "My Lady Shee-Slaugh, if you will."

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody simply nods, a cold and dispassionate professionalism swiftly claiming the place of her usual smile.

Aleyah ceases to wield a diamond and onyx violin in her left hand.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody steps forward, bearing a large drum formed of a ravenwood barrel with a coarse dark hide stetched tight over the rim. She places it on the ground and then walks past it to stand before Morkarion.

Aleyah begins to whisper a haunting melody as numerous glittering shadows being to swarm about her form. She reaches out to place her hand upon Morkarion's chest, her brow furrowing as if searching for something.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody shakes her head and pulls an obsidian knife from within her robes.

Aleyah begins to wield an ornately etched dagger in her left hand.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody gestures to Morkarion's right hand, holding out her own.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt extends out his right hand towards Aleyah.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody slashes the knife without ceremony across the palm of Morkarion's hand. She allows the blood to well for a moment before dipping the blade back in it, coating both sides of it.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody returns to her drum, kneeling before it and wiping blood from the dark blade across the taut hide. she then drives the blade deep into the ground before the drum, until only its hilt is visible above the dark earth.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody rests both hands quietly on the blood-stained head of the drum, and around her the ambient noises of the forest fade into silence. Aleyah begins to move just her fingers, tapping out a steady rhythm with just their tips. The position of her hands dampens the sound into something fleeting and just on the edge of hearing, a steady pulse, and the surrounding silence seems to drink it.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody's playing calls out thin tendrils of shadow that slowly creep up between the roots of the Master Ravenwood and the cracks in the dry ground, converging on the knife stuck fast in the ground.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody changes the rhythm now, though not the position of her hands, fingertips and nails tapping a complex pattern that skitters and weaves into a single sound.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody's playing slowly grows louder - and as it does, the shadows churning about the knife start to rise. One moment the churning masses seem to be enveloping those below as they rise, the next the seem lifted from below, until they rise to the height of an orclach.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody lifts her hands from where they muffled the drum head, and now the light strikes of her fingers create a sound both deeper and more resonant than before.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody beats out a swift and lively tune, and the shadows before Morkarion coalesce into one, revealing arms that it raises above it, and feet that begin to move it in dance to the beat of the drum.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody lowers her palms so that she now strikes the head of her drum full on, creating a deep, echoing thud on every beat. The shadow does not drop its arms nor pause in its dance, but now every step brings it closer to Morkarion, the drum echoing like footfalls.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody ceases to play abruptly, as the shadows reach out for Morkarion. Silence reins as the shadows flow over Morkarion's skin and then harden into a dark, motionless shell for but a single moment.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody stands, and starts towards Morkarion as the shadows crack across his body, flowing not off but in.

Aleyah begins to whisper a haunting melody as numerous glittering shadows being to swarm about her form. She reaches out to place her hand upon Morkarion's chest, her brow furrowing as if searching for something.

Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody nods in satisfaction, and finally smiles, before bowing deeply to Morkarion and stepping back into the crowd.

Svorai Stormcrow smiles warmly at her niece, nodding her thanks to Aleyah. She takes a moment, before turning to Xenthos, who she regards with a respectful gaze. She nods once at him.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt nods his head silently to Aleyah, flashing her a grin as he does so.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "Life and death. Two small words to hold such import in our existence. Life- progress, growth, and drive- cannot exist without it. The steaming carcass of a freshly slain deer feeds the stalking sabretooth. From there, a wide swathe of death spreads. New life rises from the old in its wake."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist purses his lips in contemplation, his gaze settling on Morkarion. He remains silent for a time, listening to the sounds of the Forest- the screams of death announcing one life's abrupt end so that another's continues.

With a quiet intensity, Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "That is what we witness today. A body dies. Its blood will feed the Glomdoring, the discarded meat will give rise to hosts of voracious beetles and other assorted insects. But as we know, death is not the end. Not here, not in our Forest. Through the might of our Forest, a new body is formed around the spark- one born from the Forest and by its will irrevocably imbued to serve."

Svorai Stormcrow's gaze flickers from Xenthos to Morkarion.

Her eyes shining with delight, Svorai Stormcrow says to Morkarion, "As you approach the Master Ravenwood, Morkarion, remember your oath well," Her voice clear and proud, "And all that we entrust to you this day."

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says, "It is time to die, Morkarion. Nothing matters but the Glomdoring."

The loud caw of a crow from above makes Morkarion shiver, just as Xenthos suddenly swoops down from the branches above and digs his talons into Morkarion's flesh, dragging him back up into the trees.

Xenthos's eyes glow a radiant white as he exhales the pure energies of the Domotheos of Life onto Morkarion. As the energies wash over his soul, a new body forms, restoring him to life.

A new Ascendant rises! By decree of Dark Seneschal Svorai and with full support of the Shadow Court, let it be known that the Free Collective of Glomdoring has this day imbued Morkarion with the energies of the Master Ravenwood Tree, raising a Vernal Ascendant!

Sairi bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Kio bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Thul bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Delandes bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Svorai Stormcrow smiles and says to Morkarion, "Rise, Vernal Ascendant."

Tarkenton bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Armaros bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Kethaera bows respectfully to Morkarion.

Aleyah curtseys gracefully before Morkarion.

Svorai curtseys gracefully before Morkarion.

Valonah flashes Morkarion a joyous smile.

Ragniliff gives Morkarion a respectful salute.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "A moment all, if youw ill.."

Aleyah's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness's eyes ripple with clear cerulean waters as he flashes Morkarion a wide, lazy smile.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "The Aether is loud."

Sairi, Wyrden Sting says to Morkarion, "Congratulation sir."

Vadi applauds Morkarion heartily.

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced bows her head respectfully to Morkarion.

Morkarion coughs softly.

Morkarion clears his throat.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt looks at all gathered around, taking a moment to catch his breath as he stands up straight, eyes moving from person to person in attendance.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "My fellow commune members, you have honoured me in ways words cannot do justice. I instead vow to repay the support and trust given to me with action and deed."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt bows his head in respect to those around him, before looking back up, the grip on his Katana ever tightening in his hand.

Svorai smiles softly at Morkarion.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "My brethren, we are at a crucial point in Glomdoring's history. Old alliances have crumbled, and the names and faces of some of those who brought the Wyrd great victories are now chapters in the annals of history."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "It is a time for those who are here now, to each do what they can. The young to learn and apply themselves, the elders to teach and to guide them, and those who can lead to do so."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Our future is our own to forge! The path however will not be easy, it will be paid in blood and sweat and it will require sacrifice and perserverance from all of you here."

Aleyah flaps her wings quickly and begins to hover in the air.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt takes a moment to cast an eye over all gathered, a wry smile spreading across his lips briefly, before his face falls to a more stern expression.

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt says, "Attaining success once is easy, it is in consistency that we are challenged. Look to yourselves and to each other, let us work together as one, each playing their part, doing what they can, and expanding upon their capabilities to skills and strengths anew."

Gritting his teeth for a moment first, Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt
says, "We do this, not for glory, not for pride, not for fortune and fame. We act on the lesson each of us learned the day we stepped foot within the forest, the lesson learned by those who came before us, and will be learned by those who have yet to find their way home."

Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt raises his Katana high into the air, his head turning sharply back and forth to look at all gathered around and his lungs taking in a deep breath before he bellows.

You see Forge-born Morkarion Shee-Slaugh, Master of the Bloodhunt shout, "Nothing matters but
Glomdoring!"

You see Svorai Stormcrow shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Kregarn Sablewing shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

Morkarion pumps one fist into the air with a primal roar, his eyes flashing with a crimson fury.
Bloodlust settling into his gaze, Morkarion offers a wrathful cry of "Havoc!", snarling and pumping his fist before offering it once more - "HAVOC!"

You see Fly Armaros, Ward of the Wyrd shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Iorwen Shee-Slaugh, Keeper of the Black Nest shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

Morkarion bows his head, steady streams of deep blue energy pouring down from his ears, eyes and
lips. The flow of energy parts into two streams, one racing down each of Morkarion's arms, reaching towards his palms at a steady pace.
Leaping from Morkarion's skin the domothean energies fill the air, bathing his surroundings in the fair energies of the Domotheos of Justice, supporting his righteous cause.

You see Thul d'Illici shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Delandes Bel'Fiore, Insinuation of the Wyrd shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Glory be to Glomdoring."

You see Prince Kio d'Illici, Bear of Darkness shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Vadi Stormcrow shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Lady Aleyah Shee-Slaugh, Thorned Threnody shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Inaryl of the Blackthorn shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

You see Penumbra Tarkenton shout, "Glory be to Glomdoring!"

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Personally I just want to thank everyone who attended, and helped make something I rank as one of my personal favourite moments in gaming. To see so much thought and effort put in by a number of people to make something special is pretty damn humbling.

Thank you especially to @Svorai, @Xenthos, @Iorwen, @Valonah, @Aleyah and @Thul for conducting and doing their respective guild rites, and I want to also give credit to @Eliron and @Janalon for writing a fair bit of the ceremony even though they could not attend themselves.

<3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I had a last minute schedule change at work. I wish I could have been there.
  • I've seen quite some (organized) RP in my time and this still blew me away. Nicely done everyone. I sadly had to leave before the ending, so glad to see there is a log :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • This is why I love Glomdoring. Wish I could have made it