Curtain Call: A Game of Improvisation

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls
Here's a game brought to you by the Hallifaxian Ministry of Cultural Affairs! Believe it or not, we are capable of having fun!

~ Prologue, in which the Rules are explained ~

Producing a small crystalline scroll from his inner jacket pocket, Daraius Shevat says, "The game is Curtain Call. After assigning you to teams of two, I will declare a scene to be acted out. The scene will feature two obvious roles, but I will not assign actors to them."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Maellio, "A battle of Avatars, one magistrate, and one librarian if you wish to be technical."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "True."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Portius, "Work on making my prior statement true."

Daraius Shevat says, "For instance, I might say the scene is: A Vernal God and a Soulless engage in fierce combat with awesome powers."

Portius nods his head at Maellio.

Daraius Shevat says, "This is all the prompting you will receive, and you are then left to your own devices to perform the scene. It is in your best interest to make your chosen role clear in your first spoken line, as you will not be consulting with your partner!"

Daraius bares his teeth in an odd canine grin.

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, the Gilded Iris looks thoughtful and says, "I see."

His eyes bright and teeth bared, Daraius Shevat says, "Are there any questions so far?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "None."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "Is there a protocol to signal the end of a performance?"

Daraius Shevat says, "I will hold up a number of fingers to show how many minutes remain. I must confess I have forgotten what we found to be an appropriate time for each scene the last time we played."

Portius nods his head emphatically.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I am sure you can come up with a reasonable number."

Daraius Shevat says, "Shall we say... four minutes from beginning to end? I believe most found the time passing far more quickly than expected in the midst of the scene."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "Then I have no further questions."

Daraius Shevat says, "The scenes I have chosen lend themselves to a comedic interpretation, but you may take them in any direction you please."

Daraius Shevat says, "And because I am intrigued by the two factions represented here, I will pair you in teams that reflect your respective orders. Maellio shall perform with Shedrin, and Zyphora with Portius."

Zyphora claps her hands together merrily.

Portius's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Maellio nods his head sagely.
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited August 2013
    ~ Act Two, Scene Two, in which more People arrive and Team Bureaucracy performs ~

Daraius glances over his scroll, attempting to find the perfect scene for Team Bureaucracy.

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Bureaucracy, are you prepared? Your scene: A Paladin's squire is helping him prepare for battle. One is about to profess love for the other."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Maellio, "I believe that is the last of your armor, my lord. Shall I help you into your tabard?"

Adjusting his invisible armour, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Aye, aye lad. Carry on."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora steps behind Maellio, smoothing an invisible tabard as he prepares to slip it onto his lord.

Staring off imperiously into the distance, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Lad. How long have you served me?"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora slips the imaginary tabard onto Maellio as he answers. "As long as I have been a squire, my lord. Nearly two years, I think."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Maellio, "I hope I have not disappointed you in that time."

Daraius holds up two fingers.

Shifting his shoulders, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "No boy, none such at all. No more faithful companion hath I had."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora picks an invisible sword up off and the ground and drops onto his knees before Maellio, offering it to him. "I am pleased to hear that, lord."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer turns with stately precision to face Portius, regarding him with stoic fondness as he acquires his non-existant sword.

Daraius holds up one finger.

Daraius Shevat watches Portius and Maellio with unblinking attention.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Serve me forever then!"

Maellio kisses Portius passionately.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora gasps slightly as his eyes light up.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "Lord! By Raziela's light, I swear I shall serve you as long as you shall have me."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "But not as a squire, surely?"

Daraius glances at his pocket watch, then to the scene unfolding.

Gathering up Portius in his arms, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Nay! We shall be wed!"

Maellio points boldly towards the horizon and declares in a proud tone, "Onward!"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "So shall it be, then, my lord. Kin by vows twice sworn, and by blood shed in just war."

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Bureaucracy, that is your time."

Daraius straightens his collar and cuffs.

Talan Ysav'rai claps politely.

Daraius Shevat says, "And then some."

With a flourish of his arm, Portius bows deeply.

You see the following people here:
    Vivet, Zyphora, Irillia, Elanorwen, Talan, Maellio, Ioni, Portius, Shedrin, Daraius

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "Well, we cannot allow such petty things as time to stand in the way of true and noble knightly love."

Daraius nods his head at Portius.

Maellio quickly dusts himself off.

Daraius Shevat says, "Indeed. I learned a great deal, myself, on a number of topics."

Daraius Shevat says, "To those who arrived in the midst of it, welcome."

Talan's eyes sparkle with amusement.
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2013
    ~ Intermission Two, in which much Shuffling takes place ~

Daraius Shevat says, "Now, we may proceed with a final round, or we may declare winners and award prizes. Teams, it is your decision."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Certainly a final round would be apt, for it would be a disservice otherwise to this fine audience."

Daraius nods head at Maellio, showing his acceptance.

A dapper marionette says, "I'm not really here, don't mind me."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Perhaps the audiences wishes to participate."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I concur, Magistrate."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Though I need but a moment."

Daraius Shevat says to Shedrin, "My hope is that they will be inspired to play along next time, but I'm afraid I cannot invite more participants at this time without terribly skewing the results."

Vivet ponders the situation.

A wry smile spreads across Talan's face.

Turning to the participants, Daraius Shevat says, "Of course, for the final round, there will be yet another shuffling of teammates!"

Maellio nods his head sagely.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Maellio, "Farewell then, my temporary and imaginary love interest!"

Daraius Shevat says, "Zyphora will perform with Maellio, and Portius with Shedrin. That is the combination we've not yet seen, yes?"

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, the Gilded Iris laughingly says, "I must defer my position for now."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, the Gilded Iris says, "Would anyone like to take my place?"

Daraius flattens his ears against his head.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Unfortunate."

Elanorwen sucks thoughtfully on her teeth.

Daraius Shevat says to Shedrin, "I suppose if a forfeiture is inevitable, I can open the roster after all."

Talan's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Shedrin looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "What exactly is the game? I'm afraid I only caught part of that last bit."

Turning to the assembled audience, Daraius Shevat says, "Who would like a chance to demonstrate his or her improvisational abilities?"

Talan Ysav'rai says to Vivet, "It seems to be just improvisation."

Primus Vivet Pavok looks thoughtful and says, "Ah."

Daraius Shevat says, "I assign a team of two, declare a scene, and the team performs it."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Then I would be at a strong disadvantage."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I would like to try, if no one minds."

Daraius nods his head at Talan.

Vivet nods solemnly.

Daraius Shevat asks, "Of the original participants, who will remain in the final round?"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I shall."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I shall remain, of course."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "I shall."

Daraius nods gravely.

Daraius Shevat says, "Any others from the audience?"

Daraius wags his tail happily.

Primus Vivet Pavok asks, "Oh, do you need more people still?"

Daraius Shevat says, "An even number is preferable, so I can accommodate another two."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "If there are no others who will, then I suppose I shall risk it."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Vivet, "It is for the glory of the Lord."

Daraius asks Irillia, "Can I convince you to join?"

Primus Vivet Pavok says to Maellio, "That only makes me more paranoid."

Daraius taps delicately at his scroll, subtly rearranging the data.

Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance frowns and says to Daraius, "I am uncertain as to my improvisational skills. I find I am rather unsatisfactory without a script before me."

Showing that he understands, Daraius nods his head slowly towards Irillia.

Daraius Shevat says, "Quite all right, Minister. Do enjoy the proceedings."

Irillia nods her head at Daraius

Daraius Shevat says, "Very well. Pardon the delay."
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2013
    ~ Act Three, Scene One, in which Team Outnumbered performs ~

Daraius Shevat says, "In this final round we will see Portius and Shedrin performing against Maellio, Vivet, -and- Talan."

Maellio rubs his chin thoughtfully, raises his eyebrow and says, "I see..."

Vivet sways back and forth.

Daraius Shevat says to Maellio, "This is a novel situation."

Talan Ysav'rai says to Maellio, "Clearly he believes you can carry us two novices."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Talan's lips.

Waving a paw dismissively, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Hardly."

Daraius Shevat says, "You have eight seconds to declare new team titles."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Though perhaps not quite so literally as in the last scene."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I propose Team Outnumbered."

Daraius nods his head at Portius.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Team Trinity."

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Outnumbered will be performing first while I develop a new scene for Team Missed-Their-Chance."

Daraius asks, "Performers ready?"

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I am if my compatriot is."

Shedrin nods his head emphatically.

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Outnumbered, your scene: A groom gets cold feet on the night of the wedding and is consoled by a member of the wedding party."

Shedrin looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Shedrin, "Is something wrong, comrade?"

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "Ah, nothing is wrong. No, today is perfect."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "Yes, it must be perfect, for today is the most important day of my temporal existence."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Shedrin, "I detect a subtle hint of a lie, my friend. Nobody claims that a day is perfect unless he suffers."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Shedrin, "Is it the wedding?"

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "No. Perhaps."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "I will mess up, and her family will think less of me."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "I am marrying outside my caste and they all know it."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "I'll grant you that it is somewhat out of the ordinary, but if I may say so your wife is the finest creature of hte ovarian persuasion that I have ever seen. She will not give you a chance to make mistakes."

Shedrin glances about, his body turning a hazy shade of grey.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "And if you do, she will make peace with her family on your behalf!"

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "I know she loves me and I her, but ah, it's just, well this won't work, right."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "The disharmony is too great. I should've never let us get into this situation."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora places his hands upon Shedrin's shoulders and looks him square in the eye. "I know you're nervous. That's natural. But she is of the very highest caste. Do you think one so exalted as your beloved would allow this match to be made if it was disharmonious?"

Shedrin takes a deep breath as the crystal surface of his face softens and shifts in colour, a muted glow appearing within.

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Portius, "You're right, and I cannot disharmonize things more by being this way."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Shedrin, "Precisely. Trust that your betters know best. They shall never lead you astray."

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Outnumbered, that is your time."

Daraius Shevat says, "Well done! I appreciate that you took a more dramatic approach to the prompt, and crafted a very well structured scene."
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2013
    ~ Intermission Three, in which Tridemon classes up the Place, and a Ceremony is held ~

Swirling ribbons of serene white light drift in from the northeast, alighting nearby before entwining to form Tridemon, riding a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice.
    A swirl of glittering frost drives the temperature lower as a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice soars into view from the northeast.

Tridemon peers about himself unscrupulously.

Daraius Shevat says, "Now for the final performance of Team Missed-Their-Chance."

Mistweaver Tridemon McCloud, Ordained by Revelation says, "I have entirely too much trouble navigating this blasted city."

Ioni frowns at Tridemon.

Daraius Shevat asks, "Are the performers prepared?"

Portius gives Tridemon the once-over, eyeing him suspiciously.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Daraius, "A moment."

Vivet's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Daraius nods his head at Maellio.

Mistweaver Tridemon McCloud, Ordained by Revelation says, "It's not a slut on the city, It's a slur on ME."

Mistweaver Tridemon McCloud, Ordained by Revelation says, "Slur, not slut."

Talan raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Ioni coughs softly.

Tridemon thrusts his palm towards his forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!

Daraius glances askance.

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says to Tridemon, "Yes, I assure you that none of them are on the city."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Tridemon, "Can we be of assistance, Mistweaver?"

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Certainly not. We keep them on the lowest tiers, where they belong."

Talan rolls her eyes.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Beneath the city, if anything."

Talan shrugs helplessly.

Mistweaver Tridemon McCloud, Ordained by Revelation says, "Mostly just mildly curious about the gathering here."

Symphonist Zhesle says, "Tea ceremony while there's a break? I should have enough for either green or black."

Daraius Shevat says to Tridemon, "You have entered on the final round of Curtain Call, a game of improvisation."

Tridemon ponders the situation.

Daraius Shevat says to Zhesle, "By all means, if it can be performed here."

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says to Zhesle, "I am most interested in attending a tea ceremony."

Symphonist Zhesle says, "Any preference? Green tea will help against paralysis, weakness and rigormortis. Black tea against epilepsy, blackout and clumsiness?"

Daraius shakes his head at Zhesle.

"Ok!" Zhesle exclaims.

Bowing to his guests, Zhesle arranges his tea before him upon the floor. He slowly pours the black tea into individual bowls, delicately whisking the tea until there is a slight foam on top. Spinning and bowing over the bowls in a complex ritual, he finally finishes when a lambent glow infuses the tea. As you sip the glowing tea, the ceremony concludes and you feel the whole experience has enhanced your vivacity.

Zhesle nods his head emphatically.

Ioni thanks Zhesle profusely.

Primus Vivet Pavok asks Maellio, "Are we ready yet?"

Maellio inclines his head politely to Zhesle.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "If there are no objections, aye."
    I used to make cakes.

edited August 2013
    ~ Act Three, Scene Two, in which Team Missed-Their-Chance performs ~

Daraius Shevat says, "Excellent. Team Missed-Their-Chance, your scene: A Pilot, Empath, and Combateer have come across a derelict aethership, and decide to explore it."

Slowing the ship to a gentle stop, Talan Ysav'rai says, "Empath, scan. Who is that?"

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Looks like it has enough holes to be swiss cheese, I say."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Someone didn't want them moving again."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Talan, "No name. No life. No clue."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Think it'll hold up to the ram? Maybe we can go aboard?"

With an expression of disappointment, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I bet it's already been sacked, too."

Staring off blankly, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Hard to say. Damage extensive. Even if holds, breach soon after."

Hesitantly, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. The hull near the docking bay looks to still be in reasonable shape."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "But definitely not the bridge, eesh."

Talan Ysav'rai toggles something on her module and a moment later there is a sharp jolt as the aethership collides with the wreck.

Grinning, Talan Ysav'rai says, "Seems there was just enough hull left."

Primus Vivet Pavok asks, "Alright, should I take a peek in first?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Vivet, "Admiring work, gunner?"

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Alright, dauntless, go on then."

Already unlocked and pushing ahead, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Oh, the smell in here is awful. I think the slivvens found it first."

Talan Ysav'rai brings up a wider view of the horizon, scanning the area for other incoming ships as she remains locked in.

Wrinkling her nose, Primus Vivet Pavok asks, "What is with all of these pickled beets?"

Talan Ysav'rai straightens up in her seat suddenly, scanning the horizon with sudden worry.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Incoming, incoming. Ambush!"

Frowning, Primus Vivet Pavok says, "It must be one of those gnomish traditions, maybe. Not that I'd know."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Vivet, get back here!"

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Wait, what? Ack!"

Gaze still blank, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Ambush, unpleasant."

Daraius allows his pocket watch to fall to his side, his gaze fixed on the scene.

Over the ship's aether, Talan Ysav'rai says, "Vivet, return to ship, Gnomish Bondshredder has just locked on to us!"

Primus Vivet Pavok jabs her scalpel in many directions at once, making mock motions of firing a weapon.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Understood. Returning immediately."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Multiple shots inbound, pilot. Doom, likely."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "I can't break away from this hull! We're stuck!"

Daraius Shevat whispers to Zyphora, "Perhaps we will get our explosion after all."

Zyphora grins mischievously at Daraius.

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "I'll fire into the ship directly. That should give us some cover."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Maybe."

Talan Ysav'rai tries again to break the ship away, but fails.

Primus Vivet Pavok blasts the derelict aethership with a volley of blasts, prompting it to implode.

Daraius growls softly as he retrieves his pocket watch.

Frowning, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Shockwave incoming, hull breaching. Pity, enjoyed life."

Daraius Shevat says, "Team Missed-Their-Chance, that is your time."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Ah, well."

Talan shrugs helplessly.

Talan Ysav'rai says to Vivet, "Nice shooting, I thought we were done for."

Daraius Shevat says, "My apologies. I could have watched that scene unfold for a day and a half."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "It was an implied death."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Damned Bondshredder."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Though they seem to be enjoying their roles."

Daraius Shevat says, "I have been impressed by every team's ability to settle the roles with speed and clarity."

Daraius Shevat says, "And you each managed to form distinct characters in such a short period of time."

Turning to the audience, Daraius Shevat says, "You see I was sincere when I called this an entertaining and edifying experience."

I used to make cakes.

edited August 2013
    ~ Finale, in which Winners are declared, and Team Bondshredder performs ~

Daraius Shevat says, "Now we shall declare the winners!"

Daraius Shevat says, "Everyone, participants and audience alike, please tell me privately whose performances you enjoyed the most."

Daraius Shevat says, "You may select only one player, of course."

Daraius swivels his ears about, focusing on some errant sound.

[VOTES REDACTED. Suffice to say the results were very close. Good job everyone!]

Daraius taps the new data on the surface of his scroll.

Daraius Shevat says, "Has everyone made a nomination?"

Primus Vivet Pavok asks, "I may have missed it, but how long was each scenario allowed to last?"

Daraius Shevat says to Vivet, "It is variable, I'm afraid. Sometimes I become too enraptured in the scene."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Ah, I see."

Daraius Shevat says to Vivet, "I will consider methods for rectifying this."

Vivet nods solemnly.

Reading over the nominations, Daraius Shevat says, "The winners of this game of Curtain Call are..."

Daraius Shevat says, "Maellio and Shedrin! My sincerest congratulations."

Daraius wags his tail happily.

Ioni gives up a round of applause.

Portius gives up a round of applause.

With a flourish of his arm, Maellio bows deeply.

Talan gives up a round of applause.

Vivet gives up a round of applause.

Zhesle claps his hands together merrily.

Daraius Shevat asks, "Are you prepared to receive your prize?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "There was such?"

Zyphora claps her hands together merrily.

Maellio tilts his head curiously.

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Hmm hmm."

Daraius Shevat says, "Yes, of course. As I said, participation is its own reward. Thus, your reward is a scene: You are the crew of the Gnomish Bondshredder, and an errant ship has taken your bait."

A wry smile spreads across Vivet's face.

The corners of Zhesle's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Daraius Shevat says, "At your leisure, Team Bondshredder."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Oi! Look whats we gots here boss."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Shedrin, "Like flies to meat, just likes youse saids."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Well look at that bundle of fools."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Scan their ship, what do they got on 'em?"

Staring off into the distance, mouth chewing as if cigar'd, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Lessee... ha! Jackpot, dust galore. Shoulds I tells the boys boss?"

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer smiles impishly and says, "Or do youse want the first shot yurself."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Most excellent. Get the gunners ready, we'll fire on my mark."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Gunner one lock onto the grid, gunner two, lock the chair, gunner three, you're useless, go die."

Shouting about, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "HEY YOU SLUBS YOUSE HERDS THE BOSS!"

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Alrighty boys, strip their shield, clarionblast the chair and fire at will."

Tail wagging wildly, Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "FIRE FIRE FIRE HAHAH."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Gunner one, switch target to their hull."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Gunner two, drop a shockwave."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Gunner three, target yourself, you're useless and you're only here because you look funny."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Shedrin, "Looks like theys be trying to flee boss, too bad soes their hull."

Maellio claps his hands excitedly as he intones a hearty, "Boom!"

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "Quickly, shadow them, let them know this is gnome space."

Daraius discreetly steps forwards and quietly encourages the performers to end with an explosion before returning to the audience.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "... eh... I think theys got that point boss."

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "And then they exploded and the gnomes won."

Daraius applauds Shedrin heartily.

Shedrin nods his head at himself.

Talan nods her head sagely.

Tridemon snaps his fingers, releasing sparkling motes of coloured light.
                                                           -----------
                                                          |   POOF!   |
                                                           -----------

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Close enough."

Daraius Shevat says, "Excellent work, Team Bondshredder. Congratulations."

Tridemon nods his head sagely.

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says, "I am not a great gnome."

A low, contented growl arises within Daraius's chest.

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Maellio did well with the voice."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Agreed."

Maellio reaches out and grips Shedrin's shoulder as electricity crackles in their eyes.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Shedrin, "We have secured the Lord's Order in this endeavor."

Daraius Shevat says, "And to play a gnome with a tail was a bold move."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Daraius, "I was excited."

Showing that he understands, Daraius nods his head slowly towards Maellio.

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "My tail is perfectly capable of acting its own part."

Daraius Shevat says, "Good citizens, and otherwise, thank you sincerely for attending. I do hope you have enjoyed yourselves."

Mistweaver Tridemon McCloud, Ordained by Revelation says, "I wonder if there are folks out in the basin who were raised by gnomes."

Primus Vivet Pavok says, "Yes, it has been a pleasant diversion."

High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, the Gilded Iris smiles and says, "Yes, very much so. Thank you for hosting this spontaneous activity."

Daraius Shevat says, "I would like to note that if you are interested in seeing other such impromptu games, please send to me your suggestions for two-person scenes."

Tridemon points boldly towards the horizon and declares in a proud tone, "Onward!"

Tridemon, riding a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice, bows his head before dissipating into ribbons of serene white light that drift off to the northeast.
    Whispers of warmth flush through your skin as a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice departs in a swirl of glittering frost.

Vivet ponders the situation.

Daraius Shevat says, "I confess I have only a limited selection in my own records, as it stands."

Daraius Shevat says, "They may be dramatic or comedic in nature. As you've seen, the performers may take any scene in unexpected directions."

Talan Ysav'rai says, "Yes, thank you. It is always interesting to see these sorts of traditional games."

Talan bows respectfully to you.

Talan leaves to the northeast, emanating an aura of immense power.

Vivet puts her hands on her hips and goes "Hmmm!"

Vivet leaves to the northeast, emanating an aura of immense power.

Commander Ioni Windwhisper, Forecaster of the Arcus says, "Indeed, this was quite entertaining."

Ioni inclines his head politely to those around him.

High Exemplar Shedrin Shevat says to Daraius, "Thank you for hosting."

Ioni, riding a dark ruby thunderbird, dissolves into a bank of fluffy clouds which drift off to the northeast.
    Spreading her broad, translucent wings, a dark ruby thunderbird soars off to the northeast.

Daraius serenely clasps his hands and bows.

Daraius Shevat says, "It was my pleasure. Thank you all for your participation."

Shaper-Magistrate Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Aye, thank you."

Lord-Librarian Portius Windwhisper, Weaver of the Aurora says, "Indeed, thank you for running this little event."

Daraius Shevat says, "For my part, I'm afraid I must take my leave. One would not expect timekeeping to be such a taxing procedure, but I'm afraid I am exhausted."

Daraius Shevat says, "Do be well, good citizens, and may your efforts be fruitful."

Daraius serenely clasps his hands and bows.

Thanks so much to everyone who played. I had a ton of fun and it just melts my little heart that folks were willing to spend their time on something like this.  :x
    I used to make cakes.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Post it tomorrow! I want to read the rest!
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Oh my god, the begging one made me nearly die laughing. <3
    edited August 2013
    There was a real "will they, won't they" vibe developing with Maellio and Portius. I was seconds away from wondering whether either of them was going to pop the question, then Maellio lays a wet one on him!

One of many reasons why Daraius must only host this game and never play it.
    I used to make cakes.

P.S. I'm wide open to suggestions for making the timing more fair. The time goes by so fast, even in the audience, so I can only imagine how hard it is for the performers to come up with lines so quickly. A lot of times I just let it go on until they reach a kind of conclusion.

Instead of timing each round, I've considered allowing a set number of spoken/emoted lines, so the performers can have a better idea of when their scene will end. Any thoughts?

P.P.S. I'll take scene suggestions from anybody. 
    :>

P.P.P.S. If you like the game, feel free to adapt it for your own purposes!
    I used to make cakes.

• Thank you for both hosting and posting this. :)  It was definitely quite fun to spectate, even for a short period, and it seems like all the participants had great fun with improvising scenes. I've often been too shy to initiate spontaneous events like this, so I'm very happy that you could help out and show how it's done.
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
    Irillia said:
    Thank you for both hosting and posting this. :)  It was definitely quite fun to spectate, even for a short period, and it seems like all the participants had great fun with improvising scenes. I've often been too shy to initiate spontaneous events like this, so I'm very happy that you could help out and show how it's done.
    Invite three or four people to stand around in a public place, and wait for other nosy people to show up. We found that things snowballed pretty quickly.   :D
    I used to make cakes.

• ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited November 2013
    ~ Introduction, in Which the Rules are Laid Out and a Demonstration is Done ~ Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "I suppose this is all the citizens who will be attending, so... Please allow me to recall the rules of the game and recite them." (Hallifax): You say, "Last call for improvisational actors at the stage for a game!" You nod your head at Irillia. A sense of warm serenity settles upon the surroundings as Daraius strides in from the northeast. You curtsey gracefully before Daraius. Irillia beams broadly at Daraius. Daraius Shevat serenely clasps his hands and bows. You say to Daraius, "So glad you could join us, Marquis." You say, "Six of us! That's a perfect number."

Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says to Daraius, "Your timing is impeccable as always." Light glinting off his crystalline form, a custodian of order enters from the northeast. You say to a custodian of order, "I'm afraid you are not eligible to play, I apologise." Glancing briefly toward Daraius, Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Very well. I do believe everyone is here who wishes to be." Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science wraps her arms a little tighter around her falcon, shuffling on the spot. Daraius Shevat says, "All of waking Hallifax, in fact." You have emoted: High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, The Auroral Iris wraps a wing around Maerad and brings her closer to herself. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "As I understand it, in this particular game, each participant will be assigned into a team of two. After that, we will declare a scene to be acted out by the two teammates." You smile impishly and say, "Should we isolate relatives or pair them together?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "For instance, I may declare the scene to be: A Tosha Monastery monk is interrupted in the midst of training by a persistent beggar." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance smiles impishly and says to you, "We could try both, I suppose!" You nod your head sagely. Clearing her throat, Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ahem. Yes. After receiving that brief prompt, the team will have, let us say, five minutes to perform their scene." Kiradawea nods her head emphatically. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says to Daraius, "Have I forgotten anything that I ought to mention?" Daraius Shevat rumbles with a low growl. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Do any of you have any questions so far?" Daraius Shevat says, "Crucially, performers are not to be told who is playing which role. They must decide in the moment." Showing that she understands, Irillia nods her head slowly. Daraius Shevat says, "Usually it is decided by whomever speaks first." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Well that just made the game a lot more interesting." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, yes. You will probably want to make your role quite clear in your first line, then, so that your partner understands which role they must take." Irillia looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "If I may presume, then, let me pair two of the more experienced performers together, so that we may appreciate how such a game works." You nod your head emphatically. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "High Scion, Marquis Shevat, have you any qualms about acting together?" You smile and say, "None on my account." Baring his teeth genteelly, Daraius Shevat says, "None at all, but I must note that I have never actually participated in this game as an actor." The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously. Daraius Shevat says to you, "My apologies in advance." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance laughingly says, "Never? Why, that is very nearly a crime!" You say to Daraius, "I accept them with due grace." Irillia looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Very well. Your scene is this." Daraius Shevat tidies his lapels and adjusts the fit of his gloves. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "A bard and a scholar get bored while following an adventurer around the mountains and gossip about him while he is out of earshot of their conversation." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Your time begins now." Strumming an imaginary lute, Daraius Shevat says, "Hike, hike, hike, hiking to the opera house." He turns to his traveling companion, "Am I helping yet?"" You have emoted: Zyphora adjusts an imaginary pair of glasses on the bridge of her nose, saying irritably, "Not in the slightest."

Daraius Shevat says, "Okay, okay. I just thought a little music would lighten the mood after we were dragged through the blasted lands." Daraius Shevat whispers to you, "Do you think he forgot we were back here?" You have emoted: Zyphora lifts her face to the heavens emphatically, saying loudly, "What was that blasted adventurer thinking! We were nearly dragged to our deaths in that gravediggers' den!" Even more loudly, as though calling ahead to someone in the distance, you say, "He better not have forgotten." Cheerfully, Daraius Shevat says, "Looks like we're taking a trip to Rikenfriez now. I hear it's lovely this time of year." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "And that is time." You nod your head emphatically. Daraius Shevat glances at his pocket watch. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "I began counting from when you first began speaking, as it appeared there was some confusion about when to start." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "That was very nicely done. I hope we all have a sense of how this game proceeds now." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance glances questioningly from one face to the next, eyebrows raised. Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "I do. It looks really fun.

edited November 2013
    ~ Scene One: Volucer Models for Dame Fairquillion ~ You smile and say, "Shall the next pair go then?" Daraius Shevat nods gravely, dutifully smoothing down his garments. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "In that case, Execumatrix, shall we pair together and attempt to perform something?" Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Certainly." Daraius Shevat's tail sways languidly. Glancing toward Zyphora and Daraius, Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "I am sure one of you can think of a scene for us." Daraius Shevat whispers to you, "I would like to see one of them perform as Volucer." You nod your head at Daraius. You say, "For the next scene: Volucer models for Dame Dioyne Fairquillion as she sews dolls." Maerad gives a trillingly melodic laugh. You have emoted: High Scion Zyphora Windwhisper, The Auroral Iris glances at Daraius inquisitively. Daraius nods his head at you, showing his acceptance. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Oi.... I've never interacted with either. That'll be a challenge." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance gasps, "Kria." Irillia coughs softly. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "My goodness, that is a surprise. And very nearly a crime as well." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "My apologies, there seemed to be something in my throat." Daraius Shevat whispers to you, "You must keep time, as I too often become engrossed in the performance and forget to call it." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "No worry. That just makes the whole thing even more interesting." You nod your head at Daraius. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "But yes, I'm ready to begin on whomevers mark." You say, "All right. Your time begins now." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist twists her face into a frustrated frown as she twists a paw away from an imaginary needle, peering down at it with a mix of annoyance before she tosses a quick glance up, and with some barely restrained frustration she mutters. "Please. Perch. Still." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance holds herself up proudly, flapping her arms as if they were great wings and cocking her head at a ridiculous, if jaunty angle. "How's this? Do you think this is my best side? Or what about this?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance swivels around completely to the opposite side and sticks out a foot behind her, as if posing in the midst of a kick. Maerad giggles happily. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist looks up to the sky and a faint mutter, or perhaps a prayer, passes her lips inaudibly as she gathers herself up again and offers a brave smile. "Just... fine." Though the frustration bleeds slightly into her voice. "Just... stay still. I need you to stay still so I can get a good picture of you." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance pauses in the midst of proudly preening and gives an enormous sigh, as if conveying a favour so vast that its recipient couldn't possibly understand its import. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Oh, FINE. Look, I'm standing still now!" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "I hope that I get lots and lots of fish after this! It's not easy, standing still for so long when you're the greatest avian predator in the Basin, you know." Quietly, Maerad folds her hands and bows her head, a peaceful smile upon her lips. Irillia nods her head sagely. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "My hunting skills need to stay sharp! My muscles are getting restless!" Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist releases a loud exhale and a more genuine smile as she looks back down again, her fingers deftly moving over unseen materials. "Thank you. That's perfect and." She peers up at the bird, a sly grin on her face as she starts to fashion something long and slender between her hands. "Not a worry. I think I know just how to portray you." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Oh! Oh! I have another suggestion for how I should." You say, "Time." Irillia coughs softly. You smile impishly and say, "A pity, I would have liked to hear the suggestion." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance laughingly says, "Ah, High Scion, you interrupted me just before I was about to launch into a spectacular Volucer-esque dive." You say, "Ah! I take it back. Please dive in Volucer-esque style." Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "I would've liked to see *that*." Irillia waves her hand dismissively. Daraius Shevat fixes his inscrutable, unblinking gaze on Irillia. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, no, I am afraid the moment is over." Kiradawea chuckles long and heartily. The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance smiles and says to Kiradawea, "You did excellently, Execumatrix. Thank you." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Thank you. It was a fun challenge."

edited November 2013
    ~ Scene Two: Isune Paints Zvoltz's Realm Pink. He Notices. ~ You say, "Very good showing. Now, for the next pair. Student Maerad and Chairman?" Maellio tilts his head and listens intently. Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science just about manages to smother the alarmed noise that escapes her as her name is called. Entrias smiles softly at Maellio. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance's cheeks flush faintly pink for a moment, before she perks up as though at a sudden thought. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "If I may, High Scion." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Miss Windwhisper, I hope you are not backing out? And Chairman, you are ready, I hope?" Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Of course." Rustling her feathers nervously, Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science says, "Oh! I, ah, of course not." You nod your head at Irillia. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Wonderful. I believe I have the perfect scene for you." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance smiles impishly and says, "Your scene shall be this: Isune paints Zvoltz's Fulcrux pink, and He notices." A wry smile spreads across Entrias's face. Daraius Shevat bares his teeth in an odd canine grin. Kiradawea whistles appreciatively. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental giggles happily. Maellio quickly dusts himself off. You smile impishly and say, "What a fun scene." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ahem. Your time begins now." Striding imperiously over, Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Pink." Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science stumbles over several attempts to reply, before pausing for a deep breath. A little more composed, she adopts an innocent expression and asks, "Pink?" Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "My Dais. My Static. It is. ..", face contorting with a note of pain,"... pink"." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Praytell, My Dear Lady, why?" With a sudden gasp as if noticing something for the first time - or pretending to, Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science says, "Goodness, you've redecorated! What a lovely shade. I simply love what you've done with the place, my dear - it gives it such a light air." Eyes narrowing slightly, Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "My Design is not pink, there is not a single iota of room within It for... pi... that colour." Irillia hides a grin behind her hand. Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "It isn't even a colour at all! Between red and purple! No such thing!" Maellio's eye twitches in a rather strange manner. Maerad Windwhisper, Student of Temporal Science begins to coo over nothing at all, clasping her hands together and letting out a trillingly beautiful laugh. "But it is the most perfect shade of dawn pink!" she exclaims. A small, impish smile plays at her lips as she adds, "Surely you cannot be suggesting that there is no room in Your design for My creations." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, and that is time, I'm afraid." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance smiles and says, "A rather excellent rebuttal on Lady Isune's behalf, if I may say so, Miss Windwhisper." Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Probably for the best. Doubt there could be a suitable counter to such a burn." The corners of Neraiche's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously. You nod your head sagely. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "The... difference in vocalization between you two is astonishing." The corners of Kiradawea's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously. Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I assure, on behalf of my Lord, I could construct a suitable rebuttal." Maerad smiles shyly, averting her eyes. Irillia's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Perhaps in the future, we ought to give ten minutes for each performance." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "After five, it feels as though the performers are just getting warmed up." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "And surely it is not as though we viewers would tire too greatly of watching them." Kiradawea nods her head emphatically. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "I was thinking that myself. Still, it was fun to watch and participate." Daraius Shevat says, "In reviewing my records of past games, I have found that most scenes run their course in about sixteen spoken or acted lines. I have considered this metric as a replacement for a time limit."

edited November 2013
    ~ Scene Three: A Vernal God and a Soulless Engage in Fierce Battle ~ You say, "We could include the newcomers as a pair. Chancellor and Initiate." Irillia nods her head at you. Looking slightly worried at the situation, Neraiche quickly hides behind Kiradawea. Entrias chuckles long and heartily. Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says, "Well, it's worth a shot." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "One cannot merely attend a function without the expectation of inclusion, regardless of place of origin." Kiradawea grins mischievously at Neraiche. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist asks Neraiche, "You up for the challenge?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Especially such a function as this, indeed." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says to Kiradawea, "Challenges not involving stabbing things tend to be outside my comfort." Neraiche shuffles his feet uneasily. Jeanne, the windmuse elemental says, "Then it's time you were knocked out of your comfort zone." Jeanne, the windmuse elemental nods her head sagely. Entrias taps his nose knowingly. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Let me see... Stabbing..." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, yes. Then let me present this scene for you: A Vernal God and a Soulless engage in fierce combat with awesome powers." The corners of Entrias's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously. Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says to Neraiche, "Which do you want?" Irillia coughs softly. Neraiche ponders the situation. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, you entered after the rules were given." Entrias nods his head at Irillia. Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says, "Indeed." Daraius Shevat whispers to you, "It is not a game of Curtain Call without at least one explosion." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "It is best to make your chosen role clear in your first spoken line, as you will not be consulting with your partner." You nod your head sagely at Daraius. Comprehension flashes across Entrias's face. Entrias nods his head at Neraiche. Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Daraius, "Please do not say that too near the stage, it may feel fit to explode again." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "If you are ready, your time begins now." Daraius Shevat discreetly steps away from the stage. Cackling wickedly as he steps closer to Neraiche, Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says, "I will flay the flesh from your bones and devour your very essence, pitiful worm!" Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate reaches up to adjust his ears into a more fox-like point, and cough nervously, raises his voice to a higher note. "You may try, Soulless thing, but the ethereal powers at my disposal are beyond your ken." He blushes and holds his bardiche up defensively. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance chuckles softly and makes a silent, but encouraging clapping gesture. Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective flails wildly at Neraiche with extended fingers, a grimace twisting his face into an almost unrecognisable mask of torment. "Your weapon is no match for my tentacles and massive fangs, little furrikin wretch!" he snarls, almost falling into Neraiche's bardiche as he stumbles over his own feet. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "I believe that is time." Daraius Shevat's tail sways languidly. Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says, "Oh.. apologies.. I am apparently exceedingly slow." Neraiche blushes furiously. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance smiles impishly and says, "You may perform one final attack if you wish, Glomodorian." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Or...Kiakoda, I suppose, since he named you a furrikin?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Primus Vivet would know these things." Daraius Shevat says to Neraiche, "As I recently discovered, the time limit seems to expire exceptionally quickly from the performer's perspective." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate twists his weapon to the side and over exaggerates a stabbing motion forward and to the side of Entrias. "And terrifying as such tentacles and fangs may be, I will remove you from my home." Looking around himself, he shrugs, and lowers his weapon entirely. "But this appears to be a city, so, you win?" Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I would suspect there have been more than one extant Vernal of all races." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says to Maellio, "Well, when told of a Vernal, I always assume Kiakoda due to personal bias." The corners of Irillia's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously. Entrias gives Neraiche a respectful salute. Neraiche gives Entrias a respectful salute. Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says to Entrias, "My apologies." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Kiakoda's my own favourite vernal as well." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance laughingly says, "I did try to give you a scene that involved more stabbing than most." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says, "You did, and I thank you. I have just never done such a thing." Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says, "Quite alright, we did well."

edited November 2013
    ~ Scene Four: Schuchidira and Cririk Adom Negotiate a Non-Aggression Treaty ~

Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Let us see, then. Chairman, Chancellor, let us have you pair up." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "As future father- and son-in-law, let us see how you perform together." Entrias's eyes sparkle with amusement. Entrias bows respectfully to Maellio. Maellio tilts his head and listens intently. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Let us attempt something more historical." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "In your scene, you shall play Schuchidira and Cririk Adom, respectively, trying to negotiate a non- aggression treaty between Gaudiguch and Hallifax before the Taint Wars." Kiradawea hides a grin behind her hand. Maellio's body and features begin to melt like wax, then solidifies into a dracnari. You say, "Oh, that's cheating." The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously. Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Noted." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says to you, "Psh, we have merely never thought of it ourselves. We could just use illusions for much the same effect." You give a trillingly melodic laugh. Maerad shuffles her feet uneasily. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "You perhaps?" You say to Irillia, "I defer to your infallible judgment, Archmage." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Some of us... can't." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance catches herself for a moment and studiously glances away, before turning back. The corners of Kiradawea's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ahem. Well, as I was saying." Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective twitches an eyebrow solemnly at Maellio. "In our terms, I must demand that Gaudiguch cease all imbibing of alcoholic materials when in public, as to keep the rest of the Basin from thinking we consort with drunkards." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "You may have ten minutes for your scene... Oh. Please proceed." Entrias looks up into the air for divine inspiration. Lighting up a pipe with a flick of the wrist and a short snort of fire, Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Issat so? That won't do at all, no no no Mr. Furnitureman." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "That would be...", puffing up with mock stoicism, "... impugning upon the inalienable freedoms of the common imbibing freethinker." Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective gives a 'harrumph' as he reaches out to tug the pipe from Maellio's grasp, sniffing at it with disdain before dumping it out on the ground. "And we'll have none of that either, Madame. In time, you'll be part of the Collective, and you might as well start now." Producing another pipe without breaking stride, Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Says you, Mr. Highchair. All your laws and this and thats..." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer smiles impishly and says, "... don't you think you should lighten up a bit." Stoically, Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective says, "Laws keep the peace, and if we're going to sign this contract of non- aggression as explained by Hallifax Articles Four, Nine, and Fifteen, as well as by-law Twelve pertaining to drunken scamps outside of your twisted city of hedonism, you're going to need to be sober when you sign it." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I am sober my good Coatrack." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I'm just high." Chief Superintendent Entrias Pavok, Chancellor of the Collective exhales deeply, the only sign of his apparent irritation. "Being under the influence of a desert shrub is abhorrent, dracnari. There is absolutely no reason to subject yourself to such a thing outside of your personal home." Chairman Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Here's my thought, my tincy widdle rebuttal. How about, to keep the "peace" and "law", you instead let us do all we like where we are... and we won't do it all where you is." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "And that is time."

edited November 2013
    ~ Scene Five: Astral Insanity ~

Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Shall we try another? Do we have a volunteer to perform with Execumatrix Kiradawea?" Entrias nudges Maerad suggestively. Irillia looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. You smile impishly and say to Neraiche, "I do believe the Execumatrix was looking forward to starring alongside you." Allyrianne arrives from the northeast. Neraiche blushes furiously. You curtsey gracefully before Allyrianne. Allyrianne curtseys gracefully. Irillia curtseys gracefully before Allyrianne. The corners of Kiradawea's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "Ah, Opus, lovely to see you!" You say to Allyrianne, "Ah, dear Opus, you have come in the middle of improvisational games." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says to you, "If I might bow out? I think I would collapse of stagefright." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "My goodness. Well, Execumatrix, I suppose you can settle for me again, if you do not mind, and if the High Scion could suggest a scene." Sublime Opus Allyrianne Windwhisper, Ambassador of Song laughingly says, "Ah! That would explain the gathering." You smile and say, "Oh, my. Really? With a dear friend supporting you?" Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says, "A fine point, I suppose." Kiradawea chuckles long and heartily. The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously. Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "Don't feel forced. I can perform with the Archmage." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "It will be an excellent experience and challenge either way." Shadow Neraiche Shee-Slaugh, Wardenhood Initiate says to Kiradawea, "Do go on? I will take part once more, but I admit I am having trouble." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "We would still need characters to perform as, or a scene to act out." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance says, "High Scion, would you be so kind as to suggest something?" You nod your head emphatically. You have emoted: Zyphora contemplates the matter briefly before saying, "A hunter has just returned from the Astral plane. A citizen of Hallifax helps him contend with his insanity." You smile and say, "Or her insanity." The corners of Irillia's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously. You say, "Your time begins now." Kiradawea smirks. Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance shudders and shakes all over her body with uncontrollable twitches and flailing of limbs. "Ack! The voices! They want me to wed a teardrop pendulum of starlit quartz!" Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist reaches into her pocket and pulls out a watch. She watches it, a sad sigh escaping her lips as she steps forward to the raving hunter. "Still no healer... I suppose." She murmurs almost inaudibly to herself. As she gets close, she moves to put herself right in front of those flailing limbs, just out of reach to avoid being battered by them. "Uh. Hi. You... uh. Is everything okay? You've been acting kinda weird for a while now and... uhm. I mean. Like, the healer isn't gonna be here for another... ten minutes so..." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance clutches violently at her head as though to tear something out of it, before gasping, "They never stop! I can hear the voice...of a black lace bra... It's telling me I should marry a krokani chef!' Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance makes a fierce grab at Kiradawea's hand and misses by at least a metre, her eyes twitching and crossing neurotically. "Ten minutes?! But I can't go on like this!" Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist takes a step back, shaking her head. She puts one finger to her head and taps it lightly. "Yeah. Right. Sure. Look, you... really wouldn't look good in a bra. Also I kinda, like, heard that the krokani chef is totally crazy and a cannibal, so you, like, really shouldn't marry him. What does your friends see in him anyway? And... I mean, you know you don't hafta listen to what your friends say, right?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance covers her eyes with her other hand. "It was just... I knew the shop was out of sparkleberry, and I just thought... I could stay just a little while and grab some... Wait, what?" Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance whirls and stares at Kiradawea with horror dawning in her face. "Are you one of -them-? Are you just a hallucination too?" Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist tilts her head slightly. "Well, I mean you were raving about marrying this krokani chef. And a lot of other stuff but... I dunno. It's hard to make out just what's the issue. I mean, are you having anxiety or commitment issues or? Or I mean, if the issue is that the shops were out of sparkleberry then..." She scratches her head curiously. "Wait, me? Hallucination? No... I'm pretty sure I'm real. Are you hallucinating? My mom she, like, told me that you can hallucinate if you don't eat or drink enough." Archmage Irillia Shevat, the Aesthete's Renaissance stares at Kiradawea with wide-eyed, slack-jawed horror. With great melodrama, she exclaims, throwing her hands wide, "Do you not understand? I have...I have trespassed upon that plane which is Kethuru's! And now his dark terror has touched my mind and warped it and I...I fear I shall never... Ahh! The voices!" You say, "Time." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist stares slackjawed ahead of her, and she cautiously lifts a hand up to scratch at her ears. "Oooookay? I... honestly no. I don't understand. I mean, to be kinna honest I'm just, you know, trying to help pass time while the healer gets her. I, like, I've... I've never actually done this kinda stuff you know? I don't even. I mean, I did hear that the Astral is a scary place and all that, but I hear about expeditions there all the time and." Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist says, "And... that was a lot of fun." Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile. Irillia grins mischievously at Kiradawea.

Jeepers. Were we really slow or was @Irillia just a little timer-happy in that first scene? 
    I used to make cakes.

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    I think once we'd all had a go the time was extended.