Why does Nexus delete my aliases and triggers seemingly at random?

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited August 2013 in Mechanic's Corner
I've been using Nexus since I started IRE games. Tried other clients (yes, even Mudlet), didn't like them. All in all, Nexus does everything I need it to do, and then some, but one particularly infuriating feature is its seemingly random deletion of some of my aliases and triggers. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. It doesn't seem to delete just the most recently created ones, or just the oldest ones, etc. 

So what the heck is going on? Does anyone else have this problem? Please don't tell me to switch clients - I've gotten plenty of that and it's even more annoying than this problem.

Thanks in advance. 
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Best Answer

Answers

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Should have put this in the Mechanic's Corner, sorry. I'm just so distraught I can't think straight.  :((
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Aren't Nexus' triggers stored online for your character profile, so if you log on anywhere else you have them?  Or was that the old client?

In that case, I would say that something about the cloud-storage they're using is losing settings (it things you're deleting them for some reason, or something else weird is going on).  I know there used to be an issue with that quite often a while back, but I thought it was addressed.
    Xenthos said:
    Aren't Nexus' triggers stored online for your character profile, so if you log on anywhere else you have them?  Or was that the old client?

As far as I know, yes. The problem doesn't appear to be related to logging in from a different computer or network. 

I did just notice this:

==============================================================
       You are using an experimental version of the client.
       If you experience any difficulties, please submit a bug
       report using the button located in the lower right corner
       of the window.

Supported Version:    3.2.5
       Your Version:         3.3.1

We appreciate your help in testing!
    ==============================================================

I'd certainly submit a bug report if there was a button to do so in the lower right corner of the window.
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think you can use the BUG command for it; for some reason that is swimming around in my memory.
  • I've had that problem since forever. Ultimately, that's the only reason I started using MUSH.
    I discovered reflex archiving and the import/export options. So if all else fails, I can just keep a copy of everything in XML format and import it. Just have to remember to make a copy whenever I change things (which is ridonkulously often, I've come to realize).
    I used to make cakes.