Cooking Curios!

2»

Comments

• Too many collections.

Overall it just feels like too many different collections. With each set and each collection added it gets harder and not easier to finish any particular set.

Let's keep the trade collections to two types, three at most.

Let's also remove the gold rub from curios (there's already gold spin on the wheel).
  • Sidestepping the minefield of 'too many curio effects' that is rapidly sweeping the thread here.

My thoughts on cooking curios: the percent chance on generation is indeed painfully low, using Xenthos' basic calculation. Yes, I'm aware they can be bought but no, I don't believe grinding for 400 hours is anyone's idea of fun. Did that once with Goloths - never again.

Why not ramp up the generation chance according to the level of the dish made? As is, spamming soup or pie gives you the same chance of making a piece as a platter or delicacy would.

I know we had commodity stock problems in the past, so I wonder if this would be another way to address this now if it still exists.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2013
    It's also not 400 hours.

It is 4,000 hours to generate 400 pieces, and there are 400 distinct pieces... so more like 5 to 6 thousand hours.

That is time constantly logged in, running to the oven to bake every hour.  Fun times to be had.

I do much prefer my own idea though, where once you get your 1-2 pieces per day you're done (with a higher chance to get them, of course).  It would be much less of a complete pain in the :censored: , and can still be tweaked so that it takes 250+ days to generate the pieces needed.  There's no real need to speed up the generation IMO, but there is a great need to make it something less of a grinding hell than it currently is.

Edit: In addition, a broader range of people getting 1-2 pieces a day also means it would be far easier for the people who have been buying the crates to actually finish their pieces.  As is, you need to spend something like 1200 credits to even get the base 400 pieces, and then you're stuck at that point.  The problem is that there are just so many pieces to be had... it's extraordinarily rough to get what you need, so you're now 1200 credits in the hole, and nobody else has pieces to trade (because nobody else is willing to invest 1200 credits).

I love the cooking curios.  They are just far too expensive in either time or credits at present.
  • Xenthos said:
    It's also not 400 hours.

It is 4,000 hours to generate 400 pieces, and there are 400 distinct pieces... so more like 5 to 6 thousand hours.

That is time constantly logged in, running to the oven to bake every hour.  Fun times to be had.

I do much prefer my own idea though, where once you get your 1-2 pieces per day you're done (with a higher chance to get them, of course).  It would be much less of a complete pain in the :censored: , and can still be tweaked so that it takes 250+ days to generate the pieces needed.  There's no real need to speed up the generation IMO, but there is a great need to make it something less of a grinding hell than it currently is.

Edit: In addition, a broader range of people getting 1-2 pieces a day also means it would be far easier for the people who have been buying the crates to actually finish their pieces.  As is, you need to spend something like 1200 credits to even get the base 400 pieces, and then you're stuck at that point.  The problem is that there are just so many pieces to be had... it's extraordinarily rough to get what you need, so you're now 1200 credits in the hole, and nobody else has pieces to trade (because nobody else is willing to invest 1200 credits).

I love the cooking curios.  They are just far too expensive in either time or credits at present.
    Not to mention what it'll be like when there aren't a lot of people trying to finish a set.

Right now curios feel like something where most the time you're getting something potentially useful. The more 'loss curios' (sorry I mean that in the sense of gain/loss) the less desirable the entire system. If it should get to the point where it is rare to get a 'useful' curio then the desirability of buying crates lessons considerably.
  • Make it so rubbing a cooking curio kills you.
  • What are the treasure map bits? just curios.
  • Dysolis said:

What are the treasure map bits? just curios.

Why yes, they are just curios.

(It's funny because we all do it.)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (I don't, but that is probably because I am curio-obsessed)
  • Ah heh I mean curious.