Teatime with Sylandra, Eliron, and Daraius

DaraiusDaraius ShevatThe juror's taco spot
edited September 2013 in Event Scrolls
I found this charming old log and thought it would be fun to share. Daraius was not happy to be having anything to do with a Glom, but everyone knows he'd do anything for Sylandra! Eliron ultimately ended up designing Syl and Dar's wedding ring. Edited so you don't have to pretend you're me.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

~ Part One, in which Introductions are made and Tea is sipped ~

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Maestro, this is Minister Daraius Shevat, head of Cultural Affairs in Hallifax."

Daraius Shevat says, "Good afternoon, Maestro."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Minister, please meet Maestro Eliron Inseira of the Harbingers."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "Currently we have oolong tea and not white, I trust that won't be an issue?"

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence smiles and says to Daraius, "A pleasure. I think we may have met briefly once, but Hallifax has been in such good culture standing lately that I wanted to make a better acquaintance."

Daraius nods his head at Eliron.

Daraius Shevat says, "We have crossed paths once or twice."

Daraius Shevat says to Sylandra, "I have my own supply, and a cup as well, thank you."

Eliron's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Daraius Shevat says to Sylandra, "The cup is by happenstance. I never seem to have enough on hand since I began studying the artisan craft."

Sylandra's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I've started carrying a few with me since I've taken to drinking tea instead of alcohol."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Between them, Sylandra and my brother Maellio may just nearly civilize me."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "I haven't had alcohol in years. I find I never know when I'll have to speak on the city aether."

Daraius Shevat says, "I imagine the switch to tea has improved your quality of life considerably."

Eliron nods his head at Sylandra.

Eliron's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "It's certainly expanded my tastes."

Daraius nods his head slowly in understanding.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Orventa is rather fond of creating tea designs. I rather do like her ambrosial wind wisp tea."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I'll have to get a bottle from her."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I only tried designing tea once. I think I shall stick to jewelry."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "That is one trade I have yet to design for. Though I admit I am considering learning it myself."

Daraius Shevat says, "Is that her recipe? It is one of my favorites."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Jewelry or cooking?"

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Jewelry."

Daraius takes a drink from a filigreed crystal tea cup.

Eliron gives a horrified gasp.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale laughingly says to Eliron, "What, sir, can't a Hallifaxian share your trade?"

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "You'll break my heart if you stop wearing my designs!"

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I imagine you wouldn't let me into your cartel to prevent that."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "It's not easy finding someone to wear lyrebird jewelry in the Glomdoring."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Inseira only. I'm afraid you'd have to marry in."

Eliron ponders Sylandra thoughtfully, looking her up and down.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "I'd be delighted to arrange it."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Heavens, a Glomdorian marriage. I'm unsure I could handle that."

Eliron utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Daraius shifts his stance slightly and subtly adjusts his tie.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "The politics of the matter would be very complicated, I will respectfully decline."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Are you certain? We're a charming people, and I'm certain we could arrange to have only a few spiders at the wedding."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "I believe if I had a father, he would act as the Maestro does to me."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Perhaps sans spiders."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "All my daughters have been far too independent minded for me to play match maker."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "Speaking of playing, or plays rather, when do you plan to perform 'Five Fates and a Portal,' by chance?"

Daraius downs the last drop from a filigreed crystal tea cup.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence sighs softly.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I recall it winning literary merit, did it not?"

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "When I can rely on myself to wake at a set rehearsal time."

Eliron beams broadly.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "It did. I'm quite proud of it, and I want it on the stage."

Sylandra smiles softly.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I look forward to the competition."

The corners of Eliron's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I'll wager a new lyrebird design on my play taking victory."

Sylandra gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Then I shall have to work even harder, sir. I am a competitive woman."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "I believe Lady Nihmriel is working on a play, is she not?"

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Will you make a wager in return?"

Eliron turns his attention towards Daraius as his ears perk up in interest.

Gazing into his empty cup, Daraius Shevat says, "I have heard a rumor to that effect."

Daraius pours cherry blossom sunrise white tea from a dove-grey porcelain serving bottle into a filigreed crystal tea cup.

Daraius Shevat says, "She has not seen fit to show me a script, however."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "And as to your query, I am unsure what I have to offer."

Sylandra nods her head at Daraius.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "I'll admit, I'm quite impressed with how the Hallifax stage has been doing without a bard guild dedicated to it."

Daraius Shevat says, "We are fortunate to have Mayor Silverwind dedicated to it."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Hmm. You've politically nixed my arranging meetings with available offspring and my husband has eternally nixed my wagering for kisses."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "We'll think of something."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "That's not quite fair. Lady Nihmriel and your brother contribute a good amount."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "They are merely slower."

Daraius Shevat says, "Yes, I was about to note the scientific contributions of our guilds."

With a flicker of amusement, Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "You and your brother would do well enough to leave other's business alone."

Daraius's whiskers twitch abruptly.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "I'd have stolen her off for Glomdoring's stage if she'd have let me, but she gives quite a lot of credit to you for Hallifax's culture."

Daraius flattens his ears against his head.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "My goodness, however did you know that gossip on my brother was going to be my next request?"

Quietly, Daraius Shevat says, "I only keep the paperwork in order."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Then, much to my own horror, I may have to reverse my opinion on paperwork."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "A Ministry cannot flourish with a head who is unresponsive or unorganized. The fact that it can flourish under your leadership at all says something about the quality of your work."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "Yes, do be less savage about paperwork, it has done my city much good compared to bad."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Mmm. But savage has served me so well so far."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Perhaps it is different for communes."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I can make no claims about the northern forest."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "And some in the Glomdoring do approve of paperwork, but it's so hard to read in the dark."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "Clearly come to Hallifax. The crystal can illuminate rather nicely."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence laughingly says, "My dear, you say that like a good thing."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Then it came as intended."
I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited September 2013
    ~ Part Two, in which more Tea is sipped and Daraius gets uncomfortable ~

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "Apparently our former Ministry of Cultural Affairs is currently in charge of that Ministry in Glomdoring."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I like the shadows."

Daraius Shevat says, "Is that so? I do not follow such things very carefully."

Claws tapping against the side of his teacup, Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I like the music here."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "I was not aware until the good Maestro informed me, myself."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "He is. He was appointed a little over a year ago."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "It was always a pity he never did perform his own script."

Eliron tilts his head curiously at Sylandra.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I barely recall it nowadays, but I know he wrote a piece for the Hallifaxian stage."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "I'll have to pester him to perform it for us if its at all suitable outside of Hallifax."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "If you give my name away as the one who informed you, I shall never hear the end of it."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I'll be entirely discreet."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I may even get through three sentences before I bring you up."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Daraius, "Ah, Irillia mentioned she might write something for the stage."

Daraius nods his head at Sylandra.

Daraius Shevat says, "I have spoken with her about it."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I'm rather excited to see it. She is being most mysterious."

Daraius nods his head at Sylandra, showing your acceptance.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Will you be keeping her as your daughter? You spoke so highly of her."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "I cannot pretend to keep that which I cannot make certainties of."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "But if she will let me, and the fates allow, then yes, it would be an honor."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Then I'm going to have to beg an introduction to her as well."

Daraius Shevat says to Sylandra, "I'm afraid I may have been given permission to see the work in progress before you, if, as you say, she is being evasive."

'Oh?' Sylandra exclaims quizzically at Daraius.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Most curious. I suppose I will have to allow her the mystery."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "I'm afraid its the fate of parents. We're always the last to know."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale laughingly says to Eliron, "Is this what I have to anticipate?"

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Entirely. Wait until she starts dating."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Oh goodness. I can wait for that."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says to Eliron, "Though it might not be my burden to bear."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "You'd not believe the number of times I've heard, "By the way dad, I've found someone and I'm getting married. Please don't let father devour her.""

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Is your husband really that terrifying? I have yet to meet him."

Looking quite pleased, Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "When he wants to be."

Daraius straightens his cuffs and tie.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "Though I'm being rude monopolizing the poor Governor after I had her ask you over. I'm told you're Arel's son?"

Daraius Shevat says, "Ah, yes, he did sign my adoption papers."

Daraius Shevat says, "I have heard from Maellio that the three of you were guildmates at one time."

Eliron nods his head emphatically.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Arel was the Harbingers' Lord Song for many years, and Maellio a Maestro before I."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "How are he and his lady doing?"

Daraius flattens his ears against his head.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "I rarely see him anymore. It's a pity."

Daraius Shevat says, "They are pillars of Hallifaxian society."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Arel is a pillar no matter where he goes."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I recall him being Archmage back when I was young. He certainly has a charismatic aura about him."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "He once won the position of Regent of Glomdoring without ever publicly campaigning."

Bemused, Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "That is quite a feat."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "It's a ridiculous level of charisma. If I could figure out how to duplicate it I'd have the best bards in the Basin."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Though I myself only wrote a single newspost in my election."

Sylandra ponders the situation.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Oh, he probably did private campaigns. Possibly. Maybe."

A wry smile spreads across Eliron's face.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "Though pillarhood isn't always an indication of status."

Daraius squints oddly.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale smiles impishly and says, "They have both had their share of status, I would say."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Probably. Ah well."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Privilege of an old man to ask after old friends."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "The Primus is the most experienced politician on the Board. When he is about, his advice is invaluable."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "It was always to my regret that he left the Harbingers while I was still quite young."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "To my benefit in some ways since I would have over relied on him, but still to my regret."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "I felt likewise about the former Archmage Shedrin's departure, though his was due to sleep."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Daraius, "Will you allow me to be a bit more nosey about an old friend and ask how you met your adopted parents?"

Becoming very still, Daraius Shevat says, "The story is rather mundane."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Regardless, it is rather fortunate that you found one another. I cannot imagine you in a family besides the Shevats."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Friends are never mundane by their very nature."

His fur bristling slightly, Daraius Shevat says, "I was approached by Saaga for consideration to join the family. She later became unavailable to complete my adoption paperwork. Nihmriel and Arel had agreed to file the papers in her stead."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "By Saaga?"

Hastily, Daraius Shevat says, "In any event, I have always been singularly honored to be considered a Shevat."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale smiles and says, "And I am sure the feeling is mutual."

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence takes a sip from his cup and holds it in front of his mouth for an extra second, though his shoulders shake slightly.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "Ah, it seems my presence is required elsewhere. I will be back in a day or so, but if you are both gone, be well."

Sylandra gets up off a crystal bench of resplendent opulence.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "We could have had him as an Onz'Verheu. His tale is becoming entirely familiar and he knows Maellio."

Comprehension flashes across Eliron's face.

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale says, "The exit is up and then south."

Lady Sylandra Silverwind, the Morning Gale smiles impishly and says, "But you are free to converse."

Sylandra grows still and her lips begin to move silently.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says to Sylandra, "Then be well, my friend."

Eliron bows respectfully to Sylandra.

Sylandra is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Lusternia.

Eliron smiles softly.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence smiles and says, "She is a remarkable woman."

Daraius dutifully smooths out a tiny wrinkle from his jacket.

Daraius Shevat says, "I have been grateful for her friendship."

Eliron nods his head at Daraius.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence smiles and says, "As have I. I may choose the Shadows out of love, but occasionally a ray of light is... refreshing."

Daraius's whiskers twitch abruptly.

Maestro Eliron Inseira, Shadowed Cadence says, "Besides. It drives my brother up the wall if I look smug and act like I know more than I'm letting on, even if Maellio never doubts her discretion."

Baring his teeth slightly in what could be a snarl or a smile, Daraius Shevat says, "If you'll pardon me, Maestro, I must excuse myself. Do be well."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why do you Hallifaxians never tag "roleplaying" in your roleplay logs?  This makes me sad. :(
    You're so particular about things.
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    You're so particular about things.
    I am just sad when I click the "roleplaying" tag and not a single Hallifax log ever shows up.  :(

(But thank you for fixing this deficit <3 )
    >:D<
    I used to make cakes.

• Tch, talking so much behind my back. My e-brother does me proud XD.

Though my fault for suggesting him in the first place I imagine

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Thanks for posting, Daraius!

Tea with Sylandra was always so much fun, especially with Daraius there to be mildly horrified by Eliron's existence. ^_^