Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• Silvanus said:
    I spent the entire Domoth stuck in a pit, or stuck in blackout because of HOLY ANGELS!
    There you go.
  • @Thul needs to get his rump in game so we can consider our cub, darnit.  *impatient bear*
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Not being able to see from which guild the off-plane members are from in a covenant-GWHO is slightly annoying.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Every time I dig up an old Gadritan log I nearly cry.  :o3
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rancoura said:
    Not being able to see from which guild the off-plane members are from in a covenant-GWHO is slightly annoying.
    I just assume they're all useless and/or afk anyway >.>

I know it's not always true, but it is a lot for Celestines/Cantors!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited September 2013
    Rancoura just turned 200 years old. Thank @Nocht for Mother Night's gift of perpetual youthfulness.

/old

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• You people and your super young characters. Why, back in my day... *grumble*
    I found the trill musclebeast version of Daraius.

He is a feathered trill and holds himself with grace and poise.  HIs posture is impeccable, and his broad shoulders are squared.  His powerful chest pushes forward heavily and stretches his skin taut with muscle.  His arms, legs, stomach, back, rump, and neck are all similarly engorged with muscle.  Long, sturdy wings make his stature even more imposing.  Yet, his face is very young and soft with eyes that radiate peace, and his hair is long and meticulously groomed.
    I used to make cakes.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    I found the trill musclebeast version of Daraius.

He is a feathered trill and holds himself with grace and poise.  HIs posture is impeccable, and his broad shoulders are squared.  His powerful chest pushes forward heavily and stretches his skin taut with muscle.  His arms, legs, stomach, back, rump, and neck are all similarly engorged with muscle.  Long, sturdy wings make his stature even more imposing.  Yet, his face is very young and soft with eyes that radiate peace, and his hair is long and meticulously groomed.
    Defective. Trill aren't supposed to have hair. They got feathers. Send for recycling.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I'll report it to the Serenwilde ruling council forthwith.
    I used to make cakes.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited September 2013
    That 30 second death timer could probably be doubled, and no one would notice.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    Anyone that gets killed with any mana drain involved will. 50k essence drain for every tick you're out of mana? Not exactly a good way to go. Drain should be removed IMO.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Fine with me, so long as we bump it up to 1 minute.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    Anyone that gets killed with any mana drain involved will. 50k essence drain for every tick you're out of mana? Not exactly a good way to go. Drain should be removed IMO.
    I personally dislike the mana drain to essence/xp drain, or it should only kick in once the minute timer expires.

Would like to know why you disagree with it though @Neos.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I can't speak for everyone, but 30 seconds already feels long to me when I have to wait it out. 1 minute would definitely be more than "noticeable".
    Vivet said:
    I can't speak for everyone, but 30 seconds already feels long to me when I have to wait it out. 1 minute would definitely be more than "noticeable".
    The issue I was originally thinking of has certainly popped up. Already had someone try to kill my pet while I was waiting to phoenix during a raid, so I'd say a minute is too long. Single person bashing my pet brought it down to 5k hp in the 30 seconds and it's definitely tanky. Congrats to all the people that think they need to do that to feel better. It's not like it's anything more than a minor nuisance if I decide to go bashing within 10 minutes of dying (And it's not like I don't have another pet with bodyguard anyway)

Pets are free crowd control that don't consume balance and custom beasts are a free enter/exit alert, so people kill them, that's not spite it's logical. That's not a reason to not increase the death timer, that's a reason to look at decreasing the pet loss timer for non customs though.

Let's remember why the death timer was put in, combat was becoming an endless zerg rush at fast pace. People died, phoenix'd, jumped straight back in.

In small skirmishes, 30 seconds is great and makes a clear difference. In larger group fights it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, before a side builds a significant lead, the timer's up and people can jump back in again. Knocking it up to a minute (and fixing that silly essence/xp drain to not kick in till after the time is up) gives a side the opportunity to take and hold.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I just finally realized what Tacita's picture was.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Morkarion said:
    Pets are free crowd control that don't consume balance and custom beasts are a free enter/exit alert, so people kill them, that's not spite it's logical. That's not a reason to not increase the death timer, that's a reason to look at decreasing the pet loss timer for non customs though.

Let's remember why the death timer was put in, combat was becoming an endless zerg rush at fast pace. People died, phoenix'd, jumped straight back in.

In small skirmishes, 30 seconds is great and makes a clear difference. In larger group fights it doesn't make a damn bit of difference, before a side builds a significant lead, the timer's up and people can jump back in again. Knocking it up to a minute (and fixing that silly essence/xp drain to not kick in till after the time is up) gives a side the opportunity to take and hold.
    It's certainly griefing when everyone else present doesn't attack the pet and only one person tries to focus it down. I'll not mention names, he knows who he is and he can pretend all he wants that his motives were to get rid of an enter/leave announcer critter. Not sure what free crowd control you're talking about that doesn't consume balance. I do have sleep cloud on mine, yes... but it's not like it'll do anything unless I follow up with a sleep enchant... and even then, it's not getting rid of kafe which will have the person I targeted up and about in under a second. Only reason to do it is to interrupt some form of timed insta. The solution to that situation should be that beasts get dismissed upon death when one doesn't have vitae/lichseed, because really... decreasing the beast death timer isn't going to happen, especially considering you need to pay an extra 150cr to reduce it to 10 minutes.

edited September 2013
    Gust/Spit poison don't consume player balance.

And there's several people who kill beasts, not just one, however I'd agree with a dismissal on death mechanic. Will point out though, that the "I paid credits for X so it can't be changed" is an argument that holds little water, especially when you could decrease beast death to 30 minutes and the 150 credit cost would still have a benefit.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2013
    Did your pet really die while you were waiting to phoenix? What's its health and does it have armour? 
    One thing that could help is to just make them uncrittable. They should have been made so when cavalier came out anyway.

There's not really much good reason to kill pets outside of spite so I agree it's just a silly coverup, but at the same time it's totally legit play and that's precisely why they're killable. Phoenix is a good investment though if you can afford it. 90% of the times the beast is ready by the time you've deffed up and gotten back on plane and if not, it's not out for crazy long. You usually don't have to care once you have it, though it is ridiculously expensive and unfair for people who can't afford it. I won't lie that beast management can be a hassle sometimes.

That said, I'm fine with knocking it up to a minute if you freeze essence/xp losses.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    If you make Ilistala uncrittable she will be almost as tanky as an Avatar.

(Though admittedly without the cool health restoration effects when attacked)
    edited September 2013
    How much health does she have? Never really bothered trying to kill her to be honest.

Edit: srsly we should have a beast thread.
    Xenthos said:

If you make Ilistala uncrittable she will be almost as tanky as an Avatar.

(Though admittedly without the cool health restoration effects when attacked)

So it's YOU! That critter is creepy, poppin' up and lookin' around all stalkery, then nippin' back into the bushes.
    I used to make cakes.

Rivius said:
    How much health does she have? Never really bothered trying to kill her to be honest.

Edit: srsly we should have a beast thread.
    IIRC more than Rajaion and he's got 17,600.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Casuals. 22250 for me. No problems.
    Uanor was at 15k yesterday. Did some retraining today, is at 13250 now. Still, was down to 1/3 of health yesterday in under 15 seconds. No, I don't have armour as it doesn't really matter much... He has aeromancy that I use in one of my TK combos and sleepcloud to counter timed instas if needed as certain ones don't stop unless you blind/sleep them and keep going through entangles. A lot more trains have gone into mind for him than for body. I should theoretically just get rid of bodyguard for him and use armour instead, but the fact still stands that anyone who kills beasts while the owner is waiting to phoenix is going to try and do it even then... and if you get enough people on board, you can kill it with armour, too.

I agree beasts should be uncrittable. It was a pretty standard tactic right after Cavalier came out for people to just kill steeds and pretty much make cavaliers useless back then (One reason they added armour to cavalier steeds) Sure, you could tend it but that meant that you weren't doing any kind of offense at the time and had to dismount to tend it which made the whole thing even more amusing. Anyway,  with a fully custom pet, you won't accomplish much by killing it. It's not like it'll die out permanently ever... and yes, I'll target a beast myself too... but I tend to give people the courtesy to let them have a chance at dismissing it by giving it at least a minute after death, not to have them watch as I'm smacking their pet around and while they can do nothing at all to stop me.

edited September 2013
    Armour matters A LOT. Trust me. Beast master it to give it a whirl and test the difference.
    Oh, I know it matters a lot. The point still stands that not everyone can afford to have the trains for it. And the point still stands that there are people that will try to kill pets while the owners are sitting there and watching it happen. What does that serve beyond someone trying to annoy another person?

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2013
    Ilistala gets to somewhere around 24.5k I think.

If you get armour, your beast will not lose a third of its health in fifteen seconds. It is an extraordinarily powerful skill that makes beasts all but invincible.

If you don't have it, it would be far better to buy it than to complain about untanky beasts, imo. Especially because you can now add a ton of trains via reagents. If you choose not to have armour, you are making a clear decision that you want your pet to be murderable.
This discussion has been closed.