Population Question and Issues.

123457»

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Xenthos said:
    Taking my main to another org... I'd feel so bad. :(
    So true for me too. But I'd also feel terrible alting around. I even felt kinda guilty during that long period I wasn't really playing. This is all a bad sign, probably. Games shouldn't make you feel bad. :|
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."

• Everiine said:
    In Serenwilde, on the other hand, no one talks about them. I have gathered one pamphlet on White Hart that I begged to see in the Hartstone library. I have tried to get more information about Moon from the MDs, and gotten nothing.

So, what Kio said. It's up to the players to perpetuate the RP, and right now, we're not.
    Anita actually said it would be alright for you to go into the MDs guildhall to see what we have - she was waiting for you to approach her about it again to actually let you in. I probably should have approached you about it, but, well, I've been busy doing guild things. I can't/couldn't do everything. The Moondancers aren't going to hand out stuff wily-nily, that's not who they are, the older types stick to the secretive, tell no-one but the MDs, (especially those who are GR5 and above). 

That said, they have nothing that's defined, other than what each Aspect stands for, and the Canticle (which is Mother Moon's teachings for each moon of the months).

As for rituals. the only time they get done is if someone fancies doing one, if there are enough people around (more than two) to do one, since a coven requires minimum of 3, or when someone wants to do the ritual part of completing a task to get to GR3. Other than that, there is no go in the Moondancers, which is funny when half of them constantly complain and whine about the lack of RP/rituals, yet when they're approached/asked to join, or even encouraged to do more, they're like "I'm now leaving" "I'm busy" "I can't make it right now" or they're just pretending to not respond/afk.
     I've generally took to inviting the rest of the forest to join in with our rituals I feel that we can share, I wrote them down in a separate book so they can follow along etc. And Zouviqil pointed out in a previous post, people will come in and not realize what's going on (even when they are online when I announced four times over CT that there is a ritual going to happen yada yada), or the point where someone even went to say "Why am I even going to this, what is the point" which is just plain rude. I won't force people to go, plenty of people haven't before, it's not going to hurt my feelings. 
    But when you're greeted with behaviour like this, from your guild. let alone the forest, it kinda puts the damper on wanting to do anything more for people who complain, and complain, yet do nothing themselves. 
  • One thing I've always hoped we'd have yet we probably never will is more... ritual around certain abilities I guess.

I was tangentially reminded of it by the latest Imperian announce because it deals with the Enslavery skill. Which is something that has always appealed to me but the classes it's present in are less appealing to me for thematic reasons.

I wonder some times if the reaction to ritual would be different if say... Wicca functioned more like Enslavery originally did and does in the other games, where to be able to say... summon a Crone for the first time you would need to first summon Albion, form a pact with her, and then you would be able to summon Crones for the duration of that pact.

I like these sort of things because, I suppose, it feels like there is more of a thematic connection perhaps. 
    Moondancers for example might have to befriend the summoned fae or earn the respect of the Avatars while Shadowdancers might have to turn them to the wyrd or dominate them. It's why I kind of like the flower fae because there is some of that feeling there.

It's not going to fix the population issues, but it is something that I think could be interesting. Unfortunately, others would probably find this annoying and it doesn't work as well when you can just walk up to the Avatars, so summoning them isn't as impressive.
  • There are those of us in the guild who appreciate the rituals that people do, and who try to attend them when they happen. I've run into a lot of not enough people being around when I'm trying to do stuff, and when there are enough people, usually someone else is doing something already. Clearly all the people who enjoy rituals need to do a better job of logging in together >> It can be a bit daunting when you know someone likes to rp, or likes to do rituals, yet they never seem to be interested in it when you're trying to talk to them.

Personally I tend to be a bit nervous talking about Moon, because Nimhuire is fairly junior in the guild and I don't want to give people the wrong ideas, but I remember having a lot of fun talking to one of the Serenguard about our ideas about our ideals, so perhaps I'll try to do a better job of initiating things like that with other people.