Thanksgiving "Quest" Event

XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
edited June 2013 in Common Grounds
Just a comment; I'd like to see the curio generation for this quest sped up just a bit.

As background: You can do the quest once per hour.

You must do the quest 10 times in order to gain 1 curio piece.

The event lasts through the weekend (another 75 hours).

That means that at this point, anyone working on it 24/7 with no sleep at all will generate another 7 pieces from doing the quest... and 7 pieces isn't going to get you anywhere.  You're not even going to have enough to try to trade to complete one curio!

Honestly, if it was a piece every 1-3 times, it'd probably be a heck of a lot better; it'd allow more generation and for people to do some swapping / get into the swing of things!

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    PS: Obligatory "omg curios aaaaagh!  /collect/collect/collect why are you doing this to meeee" comment goes here.
    edited November 2012
    All right, thinking about it a bit more, a piece every completion would be a bit much (would let a lot of people get very close to completing a number), but if it was one per every 2-3 or so, you're only going to have the really dedicated people collecting up enough to really make a run for it; but at least they will have other people to trade with, and even then they'll still have to quest to get enough pieces to finish.

That's mostly because you'll be generating around 40 pieces (at every 2), with a total pool of 80 (Soulless and Vernal collections).  No chance you can try to complete all of it with that, and that's assuming you don't sleep.
  • Why not just do the honours quests? That's a more 'efficient' way to get them.
    Dys said:
    Why not just do the honours quests? That's a more 'efficient' way to get them.
    Because the entire point of doing this Thanksgiving thing is to generate curio pieces, unless you're the lucky person who manages to "collect the most".  That's why this one really should be more efficient, otherwise, what's the point unless you think you're being competitive?  Just do one of the others instead, less time invested.
  • I'm really only doing it for the prophecies myself. They're kind of cute.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I don't think the point is to generate a bunch of curios, but rather to generate pieces.

You can always go out afterwards and finish your pieces via the honours quests that give them.
    edited November 2012
    Eventru said:
    I don't think the point is to generate a bunch of curios, but rather to generate pieces.

You can always go out afterwards and finish your pieces via the honours quests that give them.
    I meant curio pieces, and no, via the math you can't really generate pieces at any appreciable rate to make it worth the investment.  At most you're going to get 7, for 70 hours of chasing down shards locations.  Woo?

7 (including potential duplicates)/80 (possible pieces) isn't going to get you anywhere, though!  Why bother, if the main point is to "generate pieces"?
  • It's a fine start on a curio!

Quest curios are hard - it's not as though they're easy things to acquire or complete. It shouldn't be so with this either.

It's Estarra's call on whether or not to increase the rate, though. I'll let her know if she hasn't seen this thread by then!
    Eventru said:
    It's a fine start on a curio!

Quest curios are hard - it's not as though they're easy things to acquire or complete. It shouldn't be so with this either.

It's Estarra's call on whether or not to increase the rate, though. I'll let her know if she hasn't seen this thread by then!
    Eventru... have you actually tried to put together a quest curio?

7 pieces is not a "fine start on a curio".  :|  For the Forsaken one, I was the only one even trying, I had to generate about 200 pieces.
  • Xenthos said:
    Eventru said:

7 pieces is not a "fine start on a curio".  :|  For the Forsaken one, I was the only one even trying, I had to generate about 200 pieces.
    Okay, it's a start.

:D
    Eventru said:
    Xenthos said:
    Eventru said:

Okay, it's a start.

:D
    Put that time in on other quests and you'll have more, though.

Not a lot (since it looks like it's pretty slow generation of pieces for this, too, especially Soulless), but... still more.
    Also, I think she's seen the thread; this is more of a "it'd be more of an incentive to generate the pieces if it was a worthwhile return on investment" kind of post, rather than a "I won't do it if you don't change it!"

Primarily because whether or not it's changed, I personally am competing for the top prize. :P  But it does feel like anyone except the #1 is going to end up having wasted an awful lot of time and effort.
  • I posted this in "Simple Ideas", but might as well post it here too:

Could QUESTEVENT be changed to reflect this event, instead of the one in July (I think it was)?
  • Ssaliss said:
    I posted this in "Simple Ideas", but might as well post it here too:

Could QUESTEVENT be changed to reflect this event, instead of the one in July (I think it was)?
    This event is only for the weekend, not a month-long quest. Sorry!
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2103
    Date: 11/23/2012 at 0:23
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Wheel Quest & Curios

We've changed the quest so you only need to complete it five times to
    get a curio piece. If you currently have more than 5 cycles completed,
    the difference will count towards getting the next curio piece.

Also, we've decided to re-enable transferring completed curios for gold.
    Note this is only for COMPLETED curios and not curio pieces. Note that
    this does not mean you can transfer completed curios to alts!

Penned by My hand on the 24th of Avechary, in the year 340 CE.

Yaaaaay!
  • 18 shards put in, still only the one curio piece :( Alas.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited November 2012
    And my shard just vanished on me...

And then it came back...

You reach out and touch a temporal shard.
    A temporal shard is numb and unresponsive to your touch.

• I got a piece for my first five. Doing it on a phone isn't as bad as I expected, though I expect my technique has been honed over the years. :)