Ironbeard's Sweet 16!

ShaddusShaddus , the Leper MessiahOutside your window.
I didn't realise IRE was that old, and needed a kiss!

Do Ironbeard presents go by the present counter like wheel presents do?
Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

Comments

• Yep. Got a standard present from him earlier. Contained less than 5000 gold, but it counted for the counter.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Hmm. So with Ironbeard back, I guess we'll see more people AFKing in manses?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Oh they already are, people not usually logged on at this hour are online.

Pity this can't be coded to detect activity.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Technically it could be, but it'd just change the nature of the AFKing people. Instead of setting a high timeout, they'd just put "jump" on a timer or something like that.
    I mean activity as in questing/hunting/influencing etc etc. Things that are tracked via cultural activity.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited September 2013
    I fell asleep and got a present before timing out, got a  Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh doll :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I get the feeling it is an acceptable practice, though. Somebody made some comment a while back that support even said that sort of thing is expected, if you're after the cooking curios.

I'm not usually one to manse-afk but I think I probably will this time if people are getting presents that way. Ironbeard rarely visited me in the past when I just play normally. So eh, if I've gone tellsoff don't even bother.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Riluna said:
    I get the feeling it is an acceptable practice, though. Somebody made some comment a while back that support even said that sort of thing is expected, if you're after the cooking curios.

I'm not usually one to manse-afk but I think I probably will this time if people are getting presents that way. Ironbeard rarely visited me in the past when I just play normally. So eh, if I've gone tellsoff don't even bother.

Nono. That comment was about logging in remotely to complete something, not staying AFK as a way of making money or experience.
    I got another present, sapphire this time.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I got a Rune of Surging Life

Level 1 H/M/E rune. Pretty awesome for my mugwumpy-self.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Question: Does being in a manse/not doing a whole lot affect your chances of getting a present? Not all of us have the luxury of being able to be around ten hours a day :( I've been in my manse for the last 14 hours now, and I haven't gotten a present yet. I was in my manse for 15 hours yesterday, and no present then either. Do I just have bad luck, or are there shenanigans afoot?
  • I got mine while my net was down, before I timed out, so I doubt they're checking for activity :p

Who knows, though.
    Antidote potion, perfect for all those times I'm hit by crotamine!

(This actually happens a lot when bashing scorpions)

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I did a bunch of things the other day and no present. Today he came when I was in my manse reading reports. With gold.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    He visited me twice in two days while hanging out in my manse. The first time he even stayed with me for close to half an hour. Gave me gold and 66 sips of mactans.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Lavinya said:
    He visited me twice in two days while hanging out in my manse. The first time he even stayed with me for close to half an hour. Gave me gold and 66 sips of mactans.
    For the record, you probably shouldn't drink that stuff. :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Lavinya said:
    I will take those mactans off your hands and make sure they find a good home. I know a certain person, who shall not be named, keeps forgetting to get more and could use them!

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It's just purely luck. I've gotten them idling or paying attention, doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference either way!