Tweets V: Tweet and Tower

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oh great. FOMO resolved.   :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Today I got killed completely by passive effects. Lusternia is in such a great state of balance.
  • Wargames are just so meta. Totally down to teaming up with the right people to get the most OP combo, heh.
  • Entirely by passive effects? How the hell? O.o
    edited October 2013
    Oh, you know, a little passive bleeding, a little passive blackout, a little passive throatlock, a little passive broken skull, a little passive slickness, a lot of passive stun thrown in with maybe one or two actual actives until I just lay there and bled to death. Fun stuff. Where's mine?
  • Not much longer before all these silly things get fixed.

Could be worse, you could have had near constant aeon and blackout with an ent that hits for 34% of your health ;)
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    @Rivius: Uhhh... you were fighting a Wiccan AND a Wildewood.  The passive slickness you were getting costs power, the majority of the stun was from Enyalida shieldstunning you, and the passive blackout was from vapors which never got cured.

You didn't get killed by passives.  You got killed by the combination of Enyalida stunning the crap out of you and me hitting you (actively) with anorexia, asthma, impatience, sensitivity, vapors, and aeon.  Sorry, man, but you're exaggerating the situation by a lot here.  Of course the passives were doing work... you were fighting to passive-heavy classes.  It's not really fair to say only the passives killed you, though, because they most certainly did not.  (Especially considering it was you v Enyalida for most of the fighting because Thoros jumped in on me.  I spent my time running about trying not to get wtfpwnt by a Nihilist).

@Draylor: Don't like getting messed up?  Don't raid without a proper system.  Don't want to duel the dude who'll be defending because your system is out of date?  Don't raid his org's territory.  Oh, and by the way: that "near constant aeon and blackout" is what happens when you aeonlock someone and give them vapors.  You can do it too, if you were a Hexen Wiccan!

edit: If you don't like the passive throatlock or an ent that hits for 34% of your health, you probably could have supported Report 1274 or had your respective envoy support it.  Those things are a little ridiculous, after all.
    edited October 2013
    I've been at this for a while, Kio, I'm not exaggerating here. I read my own log, since that's something I've gotten into the habit of doing 3 years ago when I started combat. I was consistently blacked out by Shuck many times in a row, the slickness is from Enyalida's flowers (what bloody power cost?), the broken skull caused massive command denial and is hard to cure with the other passives and in between shield stun whoring and barghest, I was perma-stunned. When you hit with aeon, shuck throatlocked me (so the anorexia was pointless and irrelevant), I was also bleeding for 1000 health somehow. All you did was twist and all Enya did was stun and that was enough to kill me. Anything else you did with hexes wasn't even needed there. Trust me. You killed me entirely with passives.
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Rivius said:
    I've been at this for a while, Kio, I'm not exaggerating here. I read my own log, since that's something I've gotten into the habit of doing 3 years ago when I started combat. I was consistently blacked out by Shuck many times in a row, the slickness is from Enyalida's flowers (what bloody power cost?), the broken skull caused massive command denial and is hard to cure with the other passives and in between shield stun whoring and barghest, I was perma-stunned. When you hit with aeon, shuck throatlocked me (so the anorexia was pointless and irrelevant), I was also bleeding for 1000 health somehow. All you did was twist and all Enya did was stun and that was enough to kill me. Anything else you did with hexes wasn't even needed there. Trust me. You killed me entirely with passives.

Oooo.  I thought the slickness was coming from her familiar.  My bad.

But your statement of "you killed me entirely with passives" is still pretty false.  Enyalida was shieldstunning and using forestsmudges.  Barghest won't stun you if you're deaf, and even if you aren't, there's only a 50% chance for a one second stun.  So many people don't upkeep earwort against me it makes me giggle.

No, the anorexia is not pointless and irrelevant.  Shuck did not give you throatlock.  I left the room and reentered.  Your shadow already had four twists.  I twisted to five. Shuck hit you bleeding. I gave you throatlock on the sixth twist.  When the final twist (which is the aeon you're talking about) hit you, you still had the throatlock that I gave you.  Shuck hit you with blackout right after the final twist, not throatlock.  Reading through the rest, you had so much bleeding because you got hit with redcap during Enya's stun before the final twist, then again while still aeoned, the Shuck hit you with bleeding again.

It's true, all I did was twist and throw hexes and all Enyalida did was stun.  But that's what ultimately killed you, not my (or enyalida's) passives.

Edit: Here are some logs.

1)  The part of the fight where I left to cure, then came back to combo you: http://pastehtml.com/view/dibdogqgn.html

Edit again: Moontear gives crushed skill, faeblossom gives slickness.  Those were the only two "passives" Enyalida was hitting you with during the part that led to your death.

Edit number three: So, what we see here is the proper execution of an aeonlock followed up by three shieldstuns from a wildewood.  You would have died pretty much the exact same way if you were fighting Enyalida and a Researcher, only they wouldn't have had to wait until the seventh twist.
    edited October 2013
    Sorry about the pastebin, but here: http://pastebin.com/KAP2i9Dt I got throatlocked at the end of that snippet when Shuck hit in time with the fae. Also, did you metawake off me? I searched for the line and never got it for when it was taken down, but fell asleep for a very long time toward the end due to pixie hits.
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Rivius said:
    Sorry about the pastebin, but here: http://pastebin.com/KAP2i9Dt I got throatlocked at the end of that snippet when Shuck hit in time with the fae. Also, did you metawake off me? I searched for the line and never got it for when it was taken down, but fell asleep for a very long time toward the end due to pixie hits.

This log is so out of context it's not funny.  That's when you got hit by the third twist.  After this happened, I left the room (and took my fae with me) and cured ectoplasm. This is what happened before the log I just I linked.  Until then, you were perfectly fine.  No, I didn't take metawake off you.  You just got hit by the double sleep of the second twist, didn't put insomnia back up, and got hit with pixie.

To give this some context, here's the part of the fight starting at the exact end of your log, so you can see that I left for more than enough time for you to cure the only throatlock Shuck gave you.

• KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Rivius said:

Posting your log only tells me that I should target you more.

When you get hit with a twist, your system doesn't do anything about it.  You need to at least assume something.  I recommend assuming at least aeon and throatlock, being the two that actually do work.

You cured the third twist aeon at 24556.61  but somehow immediately slept (it looks like stupidity, if it can make you go to sleep.  It wasn't pixie or a hex, because both of those have a prefatory line that isn't there).

At 24562.95 you were able to wake up and healed up, then cured the throatlock Shuck gave you with Moon Full at 24566.54.  By this time, I had already slipped out to cure up a little and get Thoros to focus Enyalida (note that my fae aren't hitting you here. Also, note that I have a big shiny Moon Full echo that didn't fire in my side of the log).

At 24572.29 I come back in, give you a twist (leglock - you'll see it cured a little later), and you see why your bleeding went through the roof.  Enyalida's succumb combined with my twisting got your mana to 0%, so no clotting for you.  From here and on, Shuck doesn't give you another throatlock.

At 24574.99  I twist again and give you throatlock.  If you look between then and 24577.57 you'll see you get the message your throat is locked four times, but never add it to your queue.

At 24579.52 you get hit with the final twist, which gives you aeon.  It got followed by hexes to lock you, then you bled out because you had no mana.

So yea, you're complaining that passives killed you, but that's not what killed you.  What killed you is having absolutely no reflexes for Shadowtwist... which just so happens to be the entirety of my offensive.  
    edited October 2013
    It is in my queue. You can't cure throatlock without mana.

There are reflexes for shadow twist, but they're based on symptom lines that I trigger when they hit, since counting is completely pointless with all the blackout you throw out and assuming aeon when you don't actually have it is dangerous.

And you're missing the point. The entire lock down would not have been so quick were it not for both of your combined passives.

All this log tells me is that lusternia's so incredibly dumbed down lately, it's not even worth competing anymore unless you're a steamrolling class yourself.
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Rivius said:
    It is in my queue, you can't cure throatlock without mana.

There are reflexes for shadow twist, but they're based on symptom lines that I trigger when they hit, since counting is completely pointless with all the blackout you throw out and assuming aeon when you don't actually have it is dangerous.

You don't have to count.  Even when you're blacked out, you still see the line You feel your body falter under the supremacy of Mother Night.  (see: 24579.52  )

When you see that, assume you've been given aeon or throatlock and go from there.  As you can see, waiting until you have the symptom lines is going to kill you.

Either way, the whole point here is that you weren't killed by passives.  You were killed by the aeonlock.
  • edited October 2013
    Wow, Kio. You're a fine one you, aren't you? For the record, my system is actually extremely up to date. I've done nothing but code these last two weeks. As for your claiming, "You can do it, too" - I'm fine, honestly. I've played a pretty hands-free class that requires next to no work at all for long enough, I thought I'd try something different for once, hence Healer elfen. Like I said, take a back seat and chill, my friend.

I find it hilarious you'd try to subtly mock somebody like Rivius about his system, given he has by far one of the best systems in the game, heh.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    1) It is not "subtle mocking" to point out that a system is doing something that is inefficient, no matter how well (or poorly) it is coded in other respects.
    2) Draylor, please cut out the attacks on people.  There's no need for it.
    3) Kio, please stop flagging "abuse" on people, you're using it excessively recently.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Has Guard working while stunned been bugged?
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Xenthos said:
    1) It is not "subtle mocking" to point out that a system is doing something that is inefficient, no matter how well (or poorly) it is coded in other respects.
    3) Kio, please stop flagging "abuse" on people, you're using it excessively recently.

The heck?  This is the first time I remember using it ever, dude.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2013
    Kio said:
    Xenthos said:

The heck?  This is the first time I've used it ever, dude.
    Perhaps I'm confusing you with others; I've just seen a significant rash of the flags recently in various threads.  If so, I apologize.

Edit: That "abuse" thing is really more meant for everyone, so I will just revise it to:
    3) Everyone, please stop excessively using the "abuse" button.
    Ushaara said:
    Has Guard working while stunned been bugged?
    Didn't realize. I'll bug it myself next I'm logged in.
  • Xenthos said:
    Kio said:
    Xenthos said:

The heck?  This is the first time I've used it ever, dude.
    Perhaps I'm confusing you with others; I've just seen a significant rash of the flags recently in various threads.  If so, I apologize.

Edit: That "abuse" thing is really more meant for everyone, so I will just revise it to:
    3) Everyone, please stop excessively using the "abuse" button.

Also, my statement to Draylor was in reference to a conversation which we had yesterday, where he told me he didn't want to spar because his system was messed up or out of date or whatever after taunting me via shouts.
  • roflwut?
  • Yeah, I think I'll just step out of this thread at this stage. Proverbial head against a brick wall is manifesting.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Draylor said:
    Yeah, I think I'll just step out of this thread at this stage. Proverbial head against a brick wall is manifesting.
    Yeah step out before you dig your own grave once again

You have such a problem with lying it's to the point of absurd.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Let's bring this sucker back on track.

Cestode's splitting in two after I one-shotted it. Raaaaah.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yay newbies!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2013
    I thought this was a "what irks me" topic (or is that just what 99% of them turn into?).
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Too often it's that, but I don't think it should be. The Raves topic absorbs all the positive content, though, which leaves comments and observations that skew neutral or negative.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Well I'M having fun :p
This discussion has been closed.