Pastehtml.com is now whitelisting users.

Pastehtml.com, one of the sites multiple people use for logging, recently closed its doors do to an influx of scamming and sneaking.  The owner wants the site to be used freely, but doesn't want it to infringe on the rights of others.  The owner of the site has re-opened it, but is now requiring all users to be personally whitelisted.

If you go to the site currently, you can e-mail the owner with your reasons for using the site.  He or she approved mine in about half an hour, so he or she is clearly okay with using the site to host logs.

If you've never used the site before, it's pretty amazing.  I use it to host my combat and RP logs in full colour.  It's a great tool, and I'm glad to have it back!

TLDR: Pastehtml.com is back up and running.  Log in, email the owner to get whitelisted, and continue logging.

Comments

• It's been doing this for months.

For logging, you're much better off using a proper MUD logging site. (See the link in my sig).
  • KioKio
    edited October 2013
    Draylor said:
    It's been doing this for months.

For logging, you're much better off using a proper MUD logging site. (See the link in my sig).

Uh, no, it hasn't.  I've used Pastehtml for the past four months and this is the first time it's happened.  The person who operates the site had a disclaimer on it for the past week or two.  I checked today and found that he's accepting emails to whitelist.

So no, it hasn't been doing it for months.  Also, shameless plugs go in other places.

Edit: Also, I don't want my logs to be available publicly.  Nor do I host logs enough to warrant signing up for a site.  Pastehtml not only satisfies my needs, but the needs of various other people.  If people want to use your site for whatever reasons, go for it.  However, it does not meet the needs of everyone who hosts logs, so calling Pastehtml an "improper MUD logging site" is a little unwarranted.
  • edited October 2013
    Very defensive. Take a back seat and chill, dude.

It's hardly a shameless plug when the site is known to 95% of players here, heh. It was designed specifically for mudding and also has an option to make your logs private.

Edit: Just for the record, it's not even my intellectual property. I just came up with the name and I own the domain.
  • ... there's nothing wrong with shameless plugs. Just admit it's a shameless plug when it's a shameless plug. I use both pastehtml and logsty on and off, and I have no problems with the two. Neither is particularly more useful for my logs, whether it is "a proper MUD logging site" or not.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2013
    Support Enyalida Zayah - the real Serenwilde champion! (Rivius stinks)
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's a shameless plug!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Personally, I used JSFiddle which I have 0 affiliation with. Just drop everything into the "HTML" box, hit save. If you only want to share the result of what you've pasted, shove /embedded/result/ at the end of the URL after saving it, and copy and paste that. If you're desperate for that black background, just plug body{background-color: black;} into the CSS box.

Each to their own, though.
  • Logsty was made by one of our own, and the domain is owned by a different one of our own! 

Yay lusternian loves <3