Triskele/Triskelion

Hi all! Just a simple question while I search through things.

Can anybody think of any group or organization that claims the Triskellion as a symbol?

Comments

• The US Department of Transportation. Or the Magic: the Gathering pinging robot monster.

But no, not in the traditional form.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Assuming you're asking in the context of Lusternia, I don't think so (Shadowdancers probably would have been the only possible one). 

Triquetra is ours, though, so hands off. =)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I believe it (or something similar) is associated with House Pavok in Hallifax

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Pavok uses a gordian knot style emblem, but I don't think it's heavily defined other than that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited October 2013
    With regards Pavok, that would be a gordian knot, making it more like the triquetra in some representations than a triskele/triskelion.

Coincidently, I visited the Newgrange and Knowth passage tombs with extended family just last week where there are loads of carved neolithic stones with these triple spiral designs.

Edit: I am way too slow at posting.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I can't even find pictures of a Gordian knot, but from I understand, it and the triskelion are very much different.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I realized given the name it had to be the knot, but I get them confused [they have the same base shape, even if the details are much different]. Also how can you not find an image of one, it's on Wikipedia...

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

The images I'm finding that look similar to a triskelion are actually triquetras and trefoil knots--but I assume they are Gordian because they have no visible ends? That's something that separates them from triskelions pretty sharply.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• I did mean in Lusternia, yes. Plenty of things out of character. Thank you! Ignore the CO. Phone won't let me delete it. Argh. CO
  • I think some of you are thinking about the Celtic knot, rather than the Gordian.

Probably--hence the occasional images of trefoil knots and triquetras. But no one seems to be using triskelions.