Glevich vs. Glint

http://pastebin.com/k707ke91

Spar between Glint and I. Forgot to save this as a log, so I just copy/pasted to pastebin. Next spars will be used as a log. Sorry for inconvenience!!

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hrm.. Is Discordant Chord still able to be done while I'm deaf? Look at lines 1230 to 1242

Edit:Oops, I'm dumb.. Didn't see the poison afflict me to lose my truedeaf..
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Your system isn't catching the passive sensitivity from Starhymn, and it doesn't seem to be curing Aurics when you get truedeaf.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I'll look at the log more when I get off work, but those are the two things that jumped out at me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • my meld passively cures aurics.. but I'll look into the sensitivity from Starhymn
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You should still be curing aurics when you have the chance.
  • I'll look into that as well.. But I might not have had any, therefore, none to cure.. Not sure though, because I haven't extensively looked into the spar.. Although, I do know that avoid sucks because that's how he got around both my maelstroms
    Even if your meld passively cures, he's still able to get off two-note DCC's. Which isn't great, but it still screws you over from time to time. The -only- thing that saved you from losing is that he wasn't using Soulless, because you had some serious blackout in spots.
  • ya, I -always- get in serious black out spots going against a Cantor. I can't really get around it much. Although, I do anticipate Soulless most of the time. I don't think even the most advanced combatant can hide every soulless rub under blackout. There is bound to be at least one or two that miss every so often. So, I know when to watch for soulless to leave if needed
  • Glevich said:
    ya, I -always- get in serious black out spots going against a Cantor. I can't really get around it much. Although, I do anticipate Soulless most of the time. I don't think even the most advanced combatant can hide every soulless rub under blackout. There is bound to be at least one or two that miss every so often. So, I know when to watch for soulless to leave if needed

It's not about rubbing it, it's about throwing it.

A cantor can lock you up under active aeon and kneel, then throw soulless under blackout.  It was a pretty big tactic back in the day.
  • but but I was more-so meaning being able to anticipate the throw. There are a few combos that most people do then seem to always follow it with the Death Tarot. If you anticipate it and see those afflictions, just causes me to personally do a firstaid/diag, cure then move room almost immediately. Plus isn't death tarot stopped by prone? I can't remember correctly.. But with my meld actively proning (if they are enemied of course) then that could help me in the long run
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Someone is rubbing soulless on you and you get blacked out, if you don't run or prepare to stop soulless, then you deserve to die.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Shaddus said:
    Even if your meld passively cures, he's still able to get off two-note DCC's. Which isn't great, but it still screws you over from time to time. The -only- thing that saved you from losing is that he wasn't using Soulless, because you had some serious blackout in spots.

That is the tactic Kallem was using to kill you.  Two aurics, princess-farewell just before you cured deafness, DCC with sensitivity, star-chord to death

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:

That is the tactic Kallem was using to kill you.  Two aurics, princess-farewell just before you cured deafness, DCC with sensitivity, star-chord to death
    But Kallem seems to be the only one that can pull it off effectively.. Although, I think I might have a new combo together.. Let's see how long it takes before it gets nerfed!
    Glevich said:

Leolamins said:
    Shaddus said:

But Kallem seems to be the only one that can pull it off effectively.. Although, I think I might have a new combo together.. Let's see how long it takes before it gets nerfed!
    that's because glint isn't a very good bard
  • edited October 2013
    Haha, I like that you said we were having a spar for this log.  When I asked if I could test/experiment the new skills I got from changing to glamours not five minutes beforehand and try out music for the first time ever.. (Its not very good trying as a dwarf)

Cute ;)
    Didn't realize you were trying to kill me...
  • Hmmm.

I'd like to see @Glint/@Glevich fight again when Glint gets his mind around glamours
  • @Glint.. oh, that was that spar wasn't it? I posted this like the day after we did the spar, so totally forgot about you saying that.. But yeah, in the short run, TK sucks as it's easily bypassed.. Plus your damn AVOIDs are seriously annoying!!

@Reah.. I'll spar him when he gets his stuff together. I have been working out a few more different things that might work if I can pull it off.. Plus now, I have my beast back to combat ready.